ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success at Croydon, 21 June 2011, ILR with 2 dependents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aloalomarciano
Newly Registered

Success at Croydon, 21 June 2011, ILR with 2 dependents

Post by aloalomarciano » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:18 am

This website has been a great help to me over the years. I'm happy to now be sharing my experience getting ILR with other users.

Making the appointment
I booked online but the confirmation sent by email and text didn't reflect that the appointment covered my two dependents. (Important because otherwise they don't accept them on the day). I phoned to confirm -- they were included but evidently the correspondence they send doesn't show this. Later I had to change the appointment date. I did this by phone and it was hassle-free.

On the day
We arrived early (me + husband + almost two-year old child). The procedure is as others described: 1) airport-style security, 2) initial check that application is complete, 3) payment, 4) wait to be called for full review of application with supporting documents.

We waited about 1 hour after paying to be seen. Then, I was asked for:
- passports
- application
- pay slips
- P60s
- bank statements
- employer letter (I had many work-related absences)

I brought many other documents (including evidence of cohabitation) but wasn't asked for them.

I brought photocopies of everything and the officer asked for copies of the requested documents. I expect this saved time since he didn't have to make copies himself.

I didn't experience any of the negative treatment others have described at Croydon.

Good luck!

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:15 am

Hi aloalomarciano - congratulations.
I have made online booking for Aug first week solihull. Received only a mail but not text. Mail that I had received has only a booking reference number and date&time of appointment. It doesn't mention members (i.e. I and my two dependents).

Can you let me know mail that I received above is fine? how can I cross check that it has all members (incl dependents).
is it mandatory to receive text as well?

Thanks,

smaganti

Re: Success at Croydon, 21 June 2011, ILR with 2 dependents

Post by smaganti » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:59 am

aloalomarciano wrote:This website has been a great help to me over the years. I'm happy to now be sharing my experience getting ILR with other users.

Making the appointment
I booked online but the confirmation sent by email and text didn't reflect that the appointment covered my two dependents. (Important because otherwise they don't accept them on the day). I phoned to confirm -- they were included but evidently the correspondence they send doesn't show this. Later I had to change the appointment date. I did this by phone and it was hassle-free.

On the day
We arrived early (me + husband + almost two-year old child). The procedure is as others described: 1) airport-style security, 2) initial check that application is complete, 3) payment, 4) wait to be called for full review of application with supporting documents.

We waited about 1 hour after paying to be seen. Then, I was asked for:
- passports
- application
- pay slips
- P60s
- bank statements
- employer letter (I had many work-related absences)

I brought many other documents (including evidence of cohabitation) but wasn't asked for them.

I brought photocopies of everything and the officer asked for copies of the requested documents. I expect this saved time since he didn't have to make copies himself.

I didn't experience any of the negative treatment others have described at Croydon.

Good luck!

Congratulations..Are you on tier 1..?

vijay13
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by vijay13 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:14 pm

gentlejuke wrote:Hi aloalomarciano - congratulations.
I have made online booking for Aug first week solihull. Received only a mail but not text. Mail that I had received has only a booking reference number and date&time of appointment. It doesn't mention members (i.e. I and my two dependents).

Can you let me know mail that I received above is fine? how can I cross check that it has all members (incl dependents).
is it mandatory to receive text as well?

Thanks,
Hi,
I have also received a single mail but it doesn't mention anything about the dependants...i hope thats ok...senior members please shed some light...

aloalomarciano
Newly Registered

Post by aloalomarciano » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:25 am

I suggest calling by phone to confirm that your booking includes dependents.

If I remember correctly, the text arrived slightly after the email, but contained the same information. I wasn't asked for a text when I went to the appointment, so I don't think receiving one is critical.

aloalomarciano
Newly Registered

Post by aloalomarciano » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:26 am

Yes, I was HSMP + Tier 1.

vik_mad

Post by vik_mad » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:48 am

aloalomarciano wrote:Yes, I was HSMP + Tier 1.
Hello Congrats!!!

What was your first entry date to the UK. did you come in time as soon as you receive the entry clearance or was there any gap betwee your visa and your entry to the UK?

thanks,

aloalomarciano
Newly Registered

Post by aloalomarciano » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:16 pm

I came soon after the first visa was issued and I didn't have gaps so the time spent in country was sufficient to qualify for ILR.

CullenD
Newly Registered

Post by CullenD » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:40 am

Congratz on the success!

One question if you don't mind me asking: Was you income higher or lower than than the last time when you applied for Teir 1?

Thanks in advance
Dave

thaman

Post by thaman » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:09 pm

hi,

congrats for you ilr. my appointment is on 15 july. i am taking following documents:
passports
pay slips
p60
bank statements
original hsmp ltr+extension ltr.

are these ok.

i have not given life in the uk test as it is not required for pre nov 2006 hsmpians. is that ok? i entered uk in aug 2006 under hsmp.

any other doc you suggest i shld take?

thanks....

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:06 pm

thaman wrote:hi,

congrats for you ilr. my appointment is on 15 july. i am taking following documents:
passports
pay slips
p60
bank statements
original hsmp ltr+extension ltr.

are these ok.

i have not given life in the uk test as it is not required for pre nov 2006 hsmpians. is that ok? i entered uk in aug 2006 under hsmp.

any other doc you suggest i shld take?

thanks....
LIUK is not required for pre-Nov HSMPs.

aloalomarciano
Newly Registered

Post by aloalomarciano » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:38 pm

CullenD: My salary was about the same, maybe slightly higher than the last time. However, he only seemed interested in confirming that I met the requirement, not in comparing previous earnings.

thaman: Other documents that you might consider are
- letter from your employer (especially if you travel abroad for work)
- bank statements for savings, although maintenance funds are not a requirement and I wasn't asked for these

If you're applying with dependents:
- evidence of cohabitation for a partner/spouse (e.g. bills/statements with shared address)
- birth certificate if a child was born in the UK

thaman

Post by thaman » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:46 pm

aloalomarciano wrote:CullenD: My salary was about the same, maybe slightly higher than the last time. However, he only seemed interested in confirming that I met the requirement, not in comparing previous earnings.

thaman: Other documents that you might consider are
- letter from your employer (especially if you travel abroad for work)
- bank statements for savings, although maintenance funds are not a requirement and I wasn't asked for these

If you're applying with dependents:
- evidence of cohabitation for a partner/spouse (e.g. bills/statements with shared address)
- birth certificate if a child was born in the UK

thanks mk & Cullen.

Yes I will take documents to show my wife is staying with me since aug 2006 itself. i have absences of only 60 days in these 5 years from UK as don't have travelling involved outside UK.

hopefully it goes fine :)