ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

some ILR and SET-O questions - WP holder

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hillybilly
Newly Registered

some ILR and SET-O questions - WP holder

Post by hillybilly » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:22 pm

Edit: Just double checking: Being a Work Permit holder I should be skipping the entire section 9 on the SET(O), right?
And what documents should I provide for section 10B? All 5 years' bills etc to prove 5 years continuous stay in UK? Or visa stamps are enough?

There are quite a few pages in the SET-O form that obviously a Work Permit holder does not need to fill. Personally I would only print the ones that will need to be filled and leave out the others. Or is one required to print out the whole 42 something pages of it? I hate to waste natural resources.

Another question bothering me is that in 2006 on my work permit mentioned salary was 22k. I earn 30k as of today. The increments were not regular annual. More like once in 18 months or 2 years. These surely would look like a big increments when they actually happened. But because they didn't happen regular and if we look at the growth over 5 years period I feel they are what I or anyone would ideally have accepted. But could that be an issue while applying for ILR?

I've been reading here about 'signed and stamped' payslips. Is that really a requirement? I receive mine all sealed up, and I am the one who opens them. They are apparently for my eyes only. How could someone in the HR stamp and sign them while they are sealed?

I will be making photocopies of all the main required documents. And also will be taking older payslips, bank statements and other documents just in case, am I right to believe that it would be ridiculous to make copies of all the 'just-in-case' documents as well? It will run into hundreds :D. I've booked my appointment at Croydon. Do they have issues making photocopies of a document or two?
Last edited by hillybilly on Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

umb

Re: some ILR and SET-O questions - WP holder

Post by umb » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:36 pm

hillybilly wrote:There are quite a few pages in the SET-O form that obviously a Work Permit holder does not need to fill. Personally I would only print the ones that will need to be filled and leave out the others. Or is one required to print out the whole 42 something pages of it? I hate to waste natural resources.

Another question bothering me is that in 2006 on my work permit mentioned salary was 22k. I earn 30k as of today. The increments were not regular annual. More like once in 18 months or 2 years. These surely would look like a big increments when they actually happened. But because they didn't happen regular and if we look at the growth over 5 years period I feel they are what I or anyone would ideally have accepted. But could that be an issue while applying for ILR?

I've been reading here about 'signed and stamped' payslips. Is that really a requirement? I receive mine all sealed up, and I am the one who opens them. They are apparently for my eyes only. How could someone in the HR stamp and sign them while they are sealed?

I will be making photocopies of all the main required documents. And also will be taking older payslips, bank statements and other documents just in case, am I right to believe that it would be ridiculous to make copies of all the 'just-in-case' documents as well? It will run into hundreds :D. I've booked my appointment at Croydon. Do they have issues making photocopies of a document or two?
I printed the whole form but did print on both sides of paper to reduce number of pages.

If the payslips are printed, I don't think so you need to get them signed and stamped.

I took copies of all documents and as I told IO that I have copies he said its ok and made the copies himself(apparently he didn't want to go through the copies and select the one he wants as he didn't ask for all the documents)

hillybilly
Newly Registered

Post by hillybilly » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:18 pm

Thanks umb. I'm printing out all the pages, what the heck! And will make photo copies of the main documents only. Makes sense. If they have copiers at their office, as you said, they will make copies of additional docs if they need to.

syedomarkhalil
Newly Registered

Post by syedomarkhalil » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:18 pm

What about the salary issue, are those increaments ok ??

hillybilly
Newly Registered

Post by hillybilly » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:40 pm

hi syedomarkhalil. Apparently, there are no issues with the increments. I got ILR for my wife and myself today. I guess it's time to write the success story. Good luck.

baaku
Newly Registered

Post by baaku » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:30 pm

Hi,

I need your attention and support please.

I am also going to apply for ILR.
My case is:
1- Currently, I am on Tier1 General Visa (since April 2008)
2-Before that I was working on work permit--> Actually, i was doing conract job
When I was working with work permit then I did not have any contract job for 4-5 months.
Will it create any problem for ILR application?

Thankful for your advise. I am really bit tense.

Thanks,
Baaku