ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel with 2 months left on validity of passport

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

namastelondon

Travel with 2 months left on validity of passport

Post by namastelondon » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:03 pm

I am planning holidays and was wondering whether there will be a issue if I have only 2 months left on the validity of my passport during end of my travel. I got a ticket from a travel agent but it says that "The passport must have atleast 6 months validity from before the date of departure".

Any inputs??

Anyone who has travelled when passport was nearly expiring!!

alekos

Post by alekos » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:51 am

Not knowing your nationality, where you're travelling to, how long you're travelling for, et al. it's hard to say.
got a ticket from a travel agent but it says that "The passport must have atleast 6 months validity from before the date of departure"
Travel operator could refuse to serve you, as this is part of the terms and conditions to which you've agreed.
Thank you everyone in this forum.

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:58 am

I have travelled to India and to a Schengen country when my Indian Passport had just 1 month left on it. I was stopped at the Indian Border, but then I had an ILR at that time, so told them that I would get my passport renewed when I reached the UK. I was not questioned about this when I passed through the Schengen State and UK Border.

However I would like to add that I did not book my tickets through a travel agent. You might want to call the travel agent and ask him if there could be possible travel issues with your travel plans as your passport is soon going to expire .