ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrendring Indian passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

inhereford
Newly Registered

Surrender Certificate

Post by inhereford » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:32 pm

Collected my SC on Friday, thankfully no mistakes. It took 12 working days (in person submission and collection) to get the SC application processed. I have a feeling that postal applications will take 3-4 weeks.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:32 pm

1.Can one apply in person for SC, at any VFS office, relevant to one's county?

2.It appears that postal application for SC is taking upto 3 wks and in person it may get done a week earlier, any recent experiences please?

inhereford
Newly Registered

Post by inhereford » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:03 pm

gidoc wrote:1.Can one apply in person for SC, at any VFS office, relevant to one's county?

I do think you can apply in person for SC at any VFS office relevant to where you live (ie, county). However please check collection policy for each individual centre. For example, in person collection is not available at Manchester centre. Please check jurisdiction and further info for each centre at http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/yourapplication.html
gidoc wrote:2.It appears that postal application for SC is taking upto 3 wks and in person it may get done a week earlier, any recent experiences please?
I submitted and collected my application in June in person in London. It took 12 working days to issue the SC. In person submission is still quicker in my view.

Best

passport-uk
Newly Registered

travel to india on Indian passport right after UK passport

Post by passport-uk » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:09 pm

Guys reading on HCI website .
Indian passport must be surrendered within 90 days of obtaining foreign naturalization certificate / document even if the foreign passport is obtained later.Travelling on Indian Passport after 90 days of obtaining the “Naturalisation Certificate / documentâ€

walnutfish
Newly Registered

Re: travel to india on Indian passport right after UK passpo

Post by walnutfish » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:47 am

[quote="passport-uk"]Guys reading on HCI website .
Indian passport must be surrendered within 90 days of obtaining foreign naturalization certificate / document even if the foreign passport is obtained later.Travelling on Indian Passport after 90 days of obtaining the “Naturalisation Certificate / documentâ€
Last edited by walnutfish on Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

walnutfish
Newly Registered

Post by walnutfish » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:48 am

passport-uk
Newly Registered

Post by passport-uk » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:37 am

walnutfish wrote:[
Can you post the link to HCI website that has the above content?
http://indiahighcom-mauritius.com/renuc ... enchip.php
http://www.indianconsulate.org.hk/main. ... ge&XID=159

shajacksha

Post by shajacksha » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:08 pm

Last edited by shajacksha on Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shajacksha

Post by shajacksha » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:15 pm

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:16 am

Hello,
I am planning to surrender our indian passports and apply tourist visa at the same time.
There are a few queries for which I request your help. Any advice from those who has gone through this process recently will be great.

1. B Passport particulars: There no place of issue on the UK passport
What should I write for place of issue for visa application?
My passport says issuing authority as ''IPS''
Should I write IPS for place of Issue?

2. F Previous visit details: I was an Indian citizen since birth and just acquired British citizenship last week.
Only visited India as a citizen before
Have you ever visited India? should I write ?No

3. I Details of 2 Reference:
In United Kingdom: Can I write my Wife's name here or should it be someone else?
Can I write my name for my minor son application?
I presume that I should be signing my 1 year old son's application.

What are the list of documents to be enclosed with this application?

where can I get the parents consent form for minor child?

Could someone shine some light on this please. Thanks for your help in advance.
With regards

passport-uk
Newly Registered

Has anyone tried this service for surrendering passport/visa

Post by passport-uk » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:23 pm

Has anyone tried this service for surrendering passport/visa.How is your experience,feedback?
http://www.indiavisaheadoffice.co.uk/Su ... ports.html

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:43 pm

I wonder if they are authorised. You may want to call them.

This is from IHC,London website
With a view to further improving visa services, it has been decided that all visa applications in UK would have to be filed online at http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk with effect from 23 November 2010.

tintin

Re: Has anyone tried this service for surrendering passport/

Post by tintin » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:45 pm

passport-uk wrote:Has anyone tried this service for surrendering passport/visa.How is your experience,feedback?
http://www.indiavisaheadoffice.co.uk/Su ... ports.html
These are only agents. the passport has to be surrendered via VFS.

tintin

Post by tintin » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:14 pm

I need some advice guys.

i recently surrendered my Indian passport by post and received the surrender certificate in about 10 working days.

There is an error on the certificate, in the column for details of Indian Passport, they have entered the details of my british passport.

My question is - should I ignore this and apply for OCI with this surrender certificate only along with a clarification letter? I can also send them a copy of my cancelled Indian passport. or should I go through the VFS and get the surrender certificate corrected before applying for OCI.

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:37 am

tintin wrote:I need some advice guys.

i recently surrendered my Indian passport by post and received the surrender certificate in about 10 working days.

There is an error on the certificate, in the column for details of Indian Passport, they have entered the details of my british passport.

My question is - should I ignore this and apply for OCI with this surrender certificate only along with a clarification letter? I can also send them a copy of my cancelled Indian passport. or should I go through the VFS and get the surrender certificate corrected before applying for OCI.
I think you need to go to vfs and apply for correction ASAP

tintin

Post by tintin » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:51 am

thanks pbs6vas. The problem is that I applied by post at the first place and they are asking me to go to VFS Hayes in person now to get it corrected. now that is 300 miles from where i live and it will cost a lot of money and a holiday to go in person.

I am agitated beacuse people at the HCI cannot do the simplest of jobs correctly and others have to suffer because if their stupidity and incompetance.

cant decide what to do - apply for OCI with the certificate i have or go to VFS Hayes.

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Your Passport details are wrong on the certificate. You haven't got much choice other than get it corrected. Sorry mate, thats what you need to do

shajacksha

Post by shajacksha » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:04 pm

My surrender certificate was full of errors. Except for the name, all the other details were someone else's. I had no choice but to correct it as I think this peice of paper is an important document and will save you any future hassles if you get it corrected now.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:03 pm

shajacksha wrote:My surrender certificate was full of errors. Except for the name, all the other details were someone else's. I had no choice but to correct it as I think this peice of paper is an important document and will save you any future hassles if you get it corrected now.
If they do these mistakes...do you have to pay fees to get it corrected?

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:43 pm

thanks pbs6vas. The problem is that I applied by post at the first place and they are asking me to go to VFS Hayes in person now to get it corrected. now that is 300 miles from where i live and it will cost a lot of money and a holiday to go in person.

I am agitated beacuse people at the HCI cannot do the simplest of jobs correctly and others have to suffer because if their stupidity and incompetance.

cant decide what to do - apply for OCI with the certificate i have or go to VFS Hayes.
I agree with you that this is complete nonsense and very poor service. I suggest you call IHC as you have not been provided the service you payed for and someone needs to own up responsibility- it has got to be IHC as VFS are only middle men!

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:00 pm

gidoc wrote:

I agree with you that this is complete nonsense and very poor service. I suggest you call IHC as you have not been provided the service you payed for and someone needs to own up responsibility- it has got to be IHC as VFS are only middle men!
I agree, kids are better than these HCI guys. HCI officials need some copy-writing course. Careless people............We are just paying for their irresponsible actions.....pathetic
HCI is running similar to very poorly organised indian govt office based in london.

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:02 pm

rnr79 wrote:
shajacksha wrote:My surrender certificate was full of errors. Except for the name, all the other details were someone else's. I had no choice but to correct it as I think this peice of paper is an important document and will save you any future hassles if you get it corrected now.
If they do these mistakes...do you have to pay fees to get it corrected?
No you don't..............But extra expenses to collect the certificate and waste of time

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:05 pm

In my opinion, it is better to get it corrected. I totally agree with you

tintin

Post by tintin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:09 pm

Right, I contacted VFS by email again and this time they actually forwarded the query to VFS Hayes which deals with postal applications.

Now VFS hayes have advised that I can apply for correction by post, this is comepletely opposite to what the guy on the phone told me.

Anyways I have applied by post now, lets see what happens, will update you guys once I hear something. I am just hoping that that wont commit another stupid mistake again.

The HCI London is like any other govt. dept in India- no commitment, no competancy, no accountability, nothing. I can imagine a baabu sitting at the HCI, eating paan- tambaaku and spending more time taking tea breaks than doing his actual job.

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:40 am

My timeline for Surrender Certificate
1 Adult & 1Minor
Mode of application: Personal, VFS Victoria, London
Date of application: 19/07/2011
Date received by Indian high commission: 20/07/2011
Date passport revoked: 25/07/011
Date of receipt of SC: 29/07/2011 by courier
Fortunately, No errors in both certificates. Also recieved revoked Indian Passports :D :D
Excellent service recieved SC's in 7 working days intotal. very very satisfied :D
I entered into final phase............OCI