ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:35 am

still waiting applied 27th of may hope to hear from HO soon.
NAZIA XX

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:54 am

Nazia88 - you think you should call and find out?If its allocated waiting to be allocated? or decision already made!!

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:01 am

vipul1981 wrote:no even i havent. I applied on 13th. So think its too early to start calling without any reason.
There is one forum member who applied in June and has already received his/her approval. Application was family member of EEA national. Not sure it was quick because of that. If not, I assume that June applicants will start hearing from HO soon
I think lots of April and May application are still waiting for result, I applied on 14th of May and its still going throguh initial checks as of first week of July. As there were number of approvals added here by the users who applied on around same date as me so thoguht to check and called HO but they said going throguh Initial Checks. I asked to the advisor what are the next steps and she said:

After Intial Checks (these are checking details with HMRC, references, absences and any other supporting info you give in the application),
it will go to
- Allocation to case worker
- If Case workker thinks then it will go throguh further checks otherwise decision will be made

If case worker thinks that further checks are required then it will go throguh those checks, but the adviosr didnt tell me what further checks are.

But I am not in panic mode just yet :)
Last edited by rnr79 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:27 am, edited 7 times in total.

99minus8
Newly Registered

Post by 99minus8 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:03 am

Submitted my application 3 May, called 23 rd June and was told my application is awaiting allocation. The decision ( positive) was made 5 July. I am writing this to encourage you guys, i know how frustrating it is to hear those 2 words. My thoughts are with you, I am sure you'll get your answers soon. Funnily enough mine came when my thoughts were completely elsewhere :wink:

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:07 am

I have seen some application posted on 17th May and have received their approvals early July...so you should hear something soon!

rightmove

Nationality

Post by rightmove » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:56 am

not sure why we dont share this, but i guess Nationality has a bearing on time line. Is there any harm in sharing this info alongwith everything else. Just a thought. May be certain nationality go through more checks. And hence it will give comfort to the members with same nationality about the timeline.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Re: Nationality

Post by rnr79 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:38 pm

rightmove wrote:not sure why we dont share this, but i guess Nationality has a bearing on time line. Is there any harm in sharing this info alongwith everything else. Just a thought. May be certain nationality go through more checks. And hence it will give comfort to the members with same nationality about the timeline.
well i think i read on UKBA website or somewhere sayting that all nationlaities will be treated equally as long as they fulfull the standard requirements

99minus8
Newly Registered

Re: Nationality

Post by 99minus8 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:28 pm

rnr79 wrote:
rightmove wrote:not sure why we dont share this, but i guess Nationality has a bearing on time line. Is there any harm in sharing this info alongwith everything else. Just a thought. May be certain nationality go through more checks. And hence it will give comfort to the members with same nationality about the timeline.
well i think i read on UKBA website or somewhere sayting that all nationlaities will be treated equally as long as they fulfull the standard requirements
that's true, but if they do any external checks, some domestic agencies of a particular country may take longer to respond. Just a guess

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:56 pm

guyz any idea who send the invitaion letter its local council or homeoffice coz i red many post and some person didnt even get any approval letter but the letter from the coucil for cermoney. what usuly the ref: no is it the same number i.e NFEE1234567 or its could be different just for info thanks. x
NAZIA XX

99minus8
Newly Registered

Post by 99minus8 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:06 pm

i was one of those people, just got an invitation letter from the home office, saying i was approved and should contact the council. thus it seems invitation letters are send by the home office, not the local councils. My friend received an invitation letter separately in the post couple of days after receiving the approval. The reference i gave was the same H/O reference number which was sent in the acknowledgment letter (same numbers)
Hope it helps
x

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:30 pm

99minus8 wrote:i was one of those people, just got an invitation letter from the home office, saying i was approved and should contact the council. thus it seems invitation letters are send by the home office, not the local councils. My friend received an invitation letter separately in the post couple of days after receiving the approval. The reference i gave was the same H/O reference number which was sent in the acknowledgment letter (same numbers)
Hope it helps
x
ok thank you i just had Enquiry with the glasgow council the lady said its not the ref number start with NFEE its always different she might never knew anything like that lol anyway thanks for the help.
NAZIA XX

99minus8
Newly Registered

Post by 99minus8 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:49 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
99minus8 wrote:i was one of those people, just got an invitation letter from the home office, saying i was approved and should contact the council. thus it seems invitation letters are send by the home office, not the local councils. My friend received an invitation letter separately in the post couple of days after receiving the approval. The reference i gave was the same H/O reference number which was sent in the acknowledgment letter (same numbers)
Hope it helps
x
ok thank you i just had Enquiry with the glasgow council the lady said its not the ref number start with NFEE its always different she might never knew anything like that lol anyway thanks for the help.
Thats strange...Keep in mind i am not an immigration adviser, but I have my SAR report and other correspondence...everywhere is the same ref number ( starting with letters) since i extended my first student visa back in 2001. It was the same ref i got in the acknowledgement and invitation letter with which i booked the ceremony

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:57 pm

99minus8 wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:
Hope it helps
x
Thats strange...Keep in mind i am not an immigration adviser, but I have my SAR report and other correspondence...everywhere is the same ref number ( starting with letters) since i extended my first student visa back in 2001. It was the same ref i got in the acknowledgement and invitation letter with which i booked the ceremony
yeah maybe thats the case is. but when i applied my BC i didnt entered any HO REF NO. but when i recived the ack letter it says NFEExxxxxxx so i have no idea about that. i have heard the case where cermony letter along with approval and most case you have to ring the counsil so was just woundering what to tell council.
NAZIA XX

99minus8
Newly Registered

Post by 99minus8 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:01 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
99minus8 wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:
Hope it helps
x
yeah maybe thats the case is. but when i applied my BC i didnt entered any HO REF NO. but when i recived the ack letter it says NFEExxxxxxx so i have no idea about that. i have heard the case where cermony letter along with approval and most case you have to ring the counsil so was just woundering what to tell council.
if they got your certificate, i am pretty sure if you call and give you ref number with NFEExxxxxxx it should be fine. But it seems the HO sends the certificates out AFTER they send you the invitation letter, what is more you must present the invitation letter at the ceremony

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:06 pm

no i am not sure i just called them to try to get info but she refused to give me any info she said that ref number will never start like (NFEEXXXXX) that i was laughing that time i jst said its ok thank you very much lol x but whole point is when HO send a letter if its the same ref number then why that lady said its not the ref number start very strange lol x
NAZIA XX

99minus8
Newly Registered

Post by 99minus8 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:14 pm

Nazia88 wrote:no i am not sure i just called them to try to get info but she refused to give me any info she said that ref number will never start like (NFEEXXXXX) that i was laughing that time i jst said its ok thank you very much lol x but whole point is when HO send a letter if its the same ref number then why that lady said its not the ref number start very strange lol x
it is strange. My starts with letters MM) thats why i assumed your letters are ok as it seems like the H/O ref number)
Anyways, good luck, keep us posted x

Cranberry
Newly Registered

Post by Cranberry » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:57 pm

It is not the NFEE number, its the other one that has only one letter and then numbers.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:00 pm

Cranberry wrote:It is not the NFEE number, its the other one that has only one letter and then numbers.

it means its all to gether a different letter for cermony thanks cranberry you got it so you know the best thank you x
NAZIA XX

99minus8
Newly Registered

Post by 99minus8 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:08 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
Cranberry wrote:It is not the NFEE number, its the other one that has only one letter and then numbers.

it means its all to gether a different letter for cermony thanks cranberry you got it so you know the best thank you x
Just got home and checked, you are right, there is only one letter ( i thought two, sorry mate) in a reference number, but it is still the same ref as in the acknowledgement and other correspondence from the H/O. For me, anyway. Maybe there are different cases or they made a mistake on mine

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:25 pm

well no idea i qoute only what i got with ack letter, i understand if the person staying here for long (like you) for example student first then work permit etc they have to contact to HO all the time so they might have their old ref number but new they might use like mine start with NFEEXXXXXXX dose anyone else got this type of ref number, hope its normal lol
NAZIA XX

99minus8
Newly Registered

Post by 99minus8 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:31 pm

Nazia88 wrote:well no idea i qoute only what i got with ack letter, i understand if the person staying here for long (like you) for example student first then work permit etc they have to contact to HO all the time so they might have their old ref number but new they might use like mine start with NFEEXXXXXXX dose anyone else got this type of ref number, hope its normal lol
I am sure it is normal. Dont worry. You'll get your invitation letter soon. I did not even have two letters, only one invitation , so maybe it is just different for some people like me. I heard majority getting two letters ( approval and invitation) several days apart. Sometimes a week or two x

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:47 pm

ok thats right but did you get invitation from coucil or from HO. Maybe your they did sent you an aproval letter but it misplaced in post.
NAZIA XX

99minus8
Newly Registered

Post by 99minus8 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:13 pm

Nazia88 wrote:ok thats right but did you get invitation from coucil or from HO. Maybe your they did sent you an aproval letter but it misplaced in post.
got it from the HO and no i dont think it was misplaced since it began by saying we are approving your application and in the second para inviting me to contact the council

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:18 pm

99minus8 wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:ok thats right but did you get invitation from coucil or from HO. Maybe your they did sent you an aproval letter but it misplaced in post.
got it from the HO and no i dont think it was misplaced since it began by saying we are approving your application
OK so how did you found that your application has been approved
NAZIA XX

99minus8
Newly Registered

Post by 99minus8 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:21 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
99minus8 wrote:
got it from the HO and no i dont think it was misplaced since it began by saying we are approving your application
OK so how did you found that your application has been approved
it was in the first para of the letter : i am pleased to approve your application etc, then the council details in the second para. hence it seems they combined it