ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

pay hike expectations!

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

godfatherdon

pay hike expectations!

Post by godfatherdon » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:15 pm

Evening guyz,

My appraisal date is due in the coming month and hence wanted a foresight on the pay hike expectation for UK companies. I know there are number of variables(growth, performance ....) to consider but what's the min-max range I should be expecting for my first year in a uk company.

Field: ICT

:roll:

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:42 pm

Most companies don't increase pay on performance, but do this across the board to adjust for inflation (around 3% - maybe with the latest figures, you might expect 3.5 - 4.5%).

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:46 am

As Mulderpf has said, most companies only hike to adjust for inflation and if they follow the RPI correctly, its 5% at the moment.
On another note, companies that increase salary just for inflation usually have a performance linked bonus - else noone would work for a private company if they r effectively on the same salary for 20years :-)

There are still many product, development and consulting companies that give decent pay hikes ranging from 5% to 15% so just depends which company you work for.

You may be better off asking your colleagues than posting on this forum as salary hikes are down to individual companies only

KP