ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse's Dependent Visa - help reqd

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rsathish

Spouse's Dependent Visa - help reqd

Post by rsathish » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:20 am

Hello All,

I got engaged to a girl in India few days ago and we are planning to get married sometime in Late Jan or early Feb 2012.

But, the problem here is my Passport is set to expire in May 2012 & in August 2012 I complete the five year period for my Tier 1 visa. (I entered UK in August 2007, i.e., no big lags between visa stamping and entry.)

Now, I'm not sure on how to smoothly plan for my spouse's visa + renewing my passport & extending my Tier 1 to ILR, all at once. Plus what are the potholes that I should look out for.

Have read few posts about dependent visa rejections and it wouldn't be nice if we would remain separated for a long time. Can I bring her to UK by April 2012?

Any suggestions pls. We can look at advancing our marriage to early December, if that helps in anyway.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:37 am

Be quick.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:40 am

vinny wrote:Be quick.
Thanks for that.

Just learned from the Indian Embassy's UK website that one can apply for re-issue of passport one year before expiry. If this is the case, I will then apply for new passport this year and then can file for dependent visa in Jan 2012, after the marriage.

I guess, this would then remove one hurdle and doesn't pose any further risk of passport expiry (and visa not being granted thereof).

Hope these consultations come in to effect from April 2012.