ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Croydon on 15th June, Tier 1 General

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

girishm
Newly Registered

ILR Success at Croydon on 15th June, Tier 1 General

Post by girishm » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:58 pm

Many Thanks for the help I have got from this forum. It has been very useful and informative. I have received my ILR on 15th June at Croydon.

Following are the steps I had to go through on that day:

1) Airport style security check

2) Preliminary check with an officer whereby they alloted a number for my case after checking the form SET(O) and passports. He asked me the following:

a) You applying on Tier 1?
Yes

b) Where is your Dependant?
She is at home with the baby

c) So your child is not applying with you?
No

d) Did your salary go up/down?
It went up.

I told him I had to declare a driving Penalty charge notice, which he said is okay as long as I did not go to court.

3) Then I was told to pay at the counter on the first floor.

4) After the payment, I was told to take a seat in the waiting area whereby they announced my no. after about 30-40 minutes. It was around 11:30 am. The case worker asked the following:

a) Can I have your form and passports?
I gave him these docs.

b) So you are applying on the basis of HSMP?
No, I am on Tier 1 General

c) Okay, can I have your last 12 months bank statements and payslips?
I gave him the same

d) Employer letter?
Furnished.

e) I will be dealing with your case but will go for lunch. Could you come at 1:30 pm again?
Okay.

5) Left the PEO and came back at 1:30 pm and I was told to sit near the customer desk. Not sure of what was going on, I went to the customer services desk and explained that I was asked by the case worker to come back at this time. The customer services advisor asked me the counter no. at which my case was being dealt with. She went to the counter and spoke to the case worker, came back, and asked me to go the counter again. Here is the conversation with the case worker (By this time I think my application result had already been decided):

a) Could you take a seat while I am dealing with your documents?
Okay

I asked do you not need the cohabitation documents?
He said yes, could you show me those docs. After seeing the docs, he asked if I had some photocopies of the cohab docs and included them in his case file. That was it.

He said your application has been successful and that I should wait for a few minutes to get the passport with the ILR stamped near the customer services desk; which I did.

So in summary following documents asked:

1) Passports
2) Set(O)
3) Past 12 months payslips
4) Past 12 months bank statements
5) Employer letter (I had 2, one from current and the other from precious employer)

Documents I took along and weren't asked:
1) Cohabitation documents (3 council tax letters, 3 water bills, 2 tenancy agreements addressed to both in past 2 years)
2) Covering letter
3) Degree certificates
4) Past 5 years Bank statements and Payslips
5) Employer contract letters
6) Driving Penalty charge notice and payment reference for it
7) E-ticket for one of my journeys for which I couldn't find the stamping in the passport
8) 4 P60s, 1 P45 and a letter from HMRC detailing my tax summary for past years
9) Marriage certificate

What I learnt from this experience is that you have to be prepared with all the documents that they can ask, and have to fill all the gaps in your application as much as possible. Although they did not ask me for a lot of docs, I extensively read through various cases from this forum to prepare for my application. Many Thanks again for the info.

linearkieran

Post by linearkieran » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:36 am

Many congrats on your ILR success.

Tier1_ILR_Applicant

Post by Tier1_ILR_Applicant » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:22 pm

Many congratulations on the ILR. Why do you think they asked if you salary has gone up or down? What if the answer was it has gone down but still meets the 75 points criteria. What do you think in your view would have happened then?

girishm
Newly Registered

Post by girishm » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:06 pm

I think that so much of the specific rules for each category seem to have muddled up things. So although Tier 1 applicants should not be asked for the salary (as long as they meet the number of points), they are still asked this question. Also, there shouldn't be any employer letter required for Tier 1 applicants but it has become kind of a norm to ask this.

If I had a lower salary, then my answer would have been a No explaining the case worker that I still qualify due to the number of points. Well rest is anyway in their hands, we can only try (hence the forum to read from people's experiences).

Tier1_ILR_Applicant

Post by Tier1_ILR_Applicant » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Thanks!

fereneze
Newly Registered

Post by fereneze » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:58 am

Hi girishm,

Congrats on your ILR!

Im in a similar situation like you on Tier1(General) applying for ILR in Septemebr this year [2 years WP + 3 years Tier1]. Is the Employer letter mandatory apart from the 12 months payslip & bank statement along with 5 years P45? Can you please clarify?

Thanks.

girishm
Newly Registered

Post by girishm » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:16 am

Employer letter is not mandatory for Tier 1 applicants, but its generally good to have one if you can. Hasn't got to have a lot of info on it, just that you are an employee in the company and the date you joined the company.

sudhirkr9
Newly Registered

Post by sudhirkr9 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:39 am

girishm wrote:Employer letter is not mandatory for Tier 1 applicants, but its generally good to have one if you can. Hasn't got to have a lot of info on it, just that you are an employee in the company and the date you joined the company.
Hi

Do we need 12 months bank statements and payslips or just 3 months

thilchan
Newly Registered

Post by thilchan » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:46 pm

hi,
congratulations on your success.
just wondering if it's possible to share the format of your employment letter(without your details) please?

girishm
Newly Registered

Post by girishm » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi sudhirkr9,

Yes, you need the past 12 months payslips and bank statements. As a Tier 1 candidate, you are required to prove that you can still score the number of points. The documents though can be from any 12 months out of 15 months before application (the recent most is always better). If you don't take the recent most, you should take the employer letter as well which proves that you are still employed.

thilchan,

Here is the Employer letter I used:

"
This letter is to confirm the employment of [Applicant].

[Applicant] is a permanent and full time employee of [company] and is employed as a [position] within [company]. He has been employed in [company] since [Date of joining].
"

Hope that helps. Good luck.

thilchan
Newly Registered

Post by thilchan » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:21 pm

many thanks

mkuria
Newly Registered

Post by mkuria » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:39 am

Hi girishm,

What was the nature of your traffic offence?

girishm wrote:Hi sudhirkr9,

Yes, you need the past 12 months payslips and bank statements. As a Tier 1 candidate, you are required to prove that you can still score the number of points. The documents though can be from any 12 months out of 15 months before application (the recent most is always better). If you don't take the recent most, you should take the employer letter as well which proves that you are still employed.

thilchan,

Here is the Employer letter I used:

"
This letter is to confirm the employment of [Applicant].

[Applicant] is a permanent and full time employee of [company] and is employed as a [position] within [company]. He has been employed in [company] since [Date of joining].
"

Hope that helps. Good luck.

girishm
Newly Registered

Post by girishm » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:21 pm

mkuria,

I had a "wrong right turn" traffic offence, which was a minor one (fine but no points on license). Case worker said as long as you haven't been to the court, its okay.

Normally best to get a CRB check done. I got it checked by Disclosure Scotland. You will find quite an info about the CRB checks on this forum.

minicooper
Newly Registered

Post by minicooper » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:31 pm

HI girishm

DID U MENTION UR TRAFFIC OFFENCE IN YOUR APPLICATION.