ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success on 15 july at CROYDON under HSMP JR 5 years term

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RUPS
Newly Registered

ILR success on 15 july at CROYDON under HSMP JR 5 years term

Post by RUPS » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:43 pm

First of all, a big thanks to all the members of this website who have shared their knowledge and experience and through their experience I've learn a lot.

I had book an appointment for 3 of us (myself+wife+kid) at 9 am by calling home office a week ago, I find this one is very easy then registering and booking online.

Reached Croydon home office at 8 am and tried to get enter into the building but been stopped by security guard and advised to come at 8.30 so, was waiting outside for about 25 minutes.

Got entry right at 8.30 then airport style security check ( make sure you don't wear too much, I haven't wore my belt, no wallet only a credit and debit card with me in my pocket so, not much to took off) straight after security went to see the mid age english lady who checked my application form and booking ref. then she gave me ticket number and told to go first floor to make a payment. Got on first floor tried to make a payment by my credit card but it got decline even though i've informed my credit card provider to make sure it got through ( will handle them later :wink: ) paid my £2700 fees by debit card ( my bank account went into debit balance :shock: ) just sort out today...lol anyway, after that went for the big hall right behind of the payment desk where all fixed red chairs are there ( opps it was hard surface... :lol: ) right after 20 minutes my ticket number been called and went to see the lovely but bit silly Asian lady. first I've gave her my application form, passport and Photos then she asked me for payment receipt, i've handed over to her THEN she started tapping her finger on to her computer keyboard, making some serious face expression and she kept doing it for about 20 minutes in front of me and I was started panicking myself thinking what's going wrong, why she not saying a word, she was frequently checking all of us passports as well, especially mine, then she turned pages my application form and checked section 3 where i've ticked HSMP UNDER JR not TIER 1 (GENERAL) UNDER JR. and then suddenly she told me to give LIUK CERTI. I got shock and replied I don't need as i'm covered by JR and it's not applicable to me but she didn't listen me at all and kept asking for LIUK, after some useless argument from her, her colleague came to her desk and explained in brief that this case doesn't need LIUK as they are covered by JR and then my caseworker ( lovely but silly lady) started apologising me, I said that's fine and then she asked me " supporting document please". I gave her
employer's letter,
3 month's payslips,
3 month;s bank statement and
5 year's p60
and i've also offered her the photocopy of all document in same order so, she has accepted it all without hesitation and went for some further checks...... after 10 minutes she came back and said everything is fine and collect you passport after an hour.

right after an hour my passport were ready to collect, left PEO at 11.20 am as I've to rush again for my Swiss visa which I've planned to apply on the same day and had an appointment at 13.00 to central London at Soho square.

One noticeable thing is, my caseworker didn’t check or glance anything beyond section 1 & 3 in my form and even though i knew that i've to tick TIER 1 (GENERAL) UNDER HSMP JR in section 3 i ticked HSMP UNDER HSMP JR no said nothing to me about it.

The day was overall good but tiring as applied for ILR and SWISS visa in same day.

Best of luck to all other members of this site and I'll see you all in Citizenship and Benefit column now on.

Cheerssssss............. :D :D

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:33 pm

Congratulations RUPS. So you weren't asked about the cohabitation documents?

RUPS
Newly Registered

Post by RUPS » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:45 pm

mk357 wrote:Congratulations RUPS. So you weren't asked about the cohabitation documents?
NO, that lady were too embarrassed after her first argument that she didn't asked me anything, infact all the other documents I've gave her myself, she hasn't specified anything... :lol: