ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium visa through solicitor???

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

midpisces
Newly Registered

Premium visa through solicitor???

Post by midpisces » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:26 pm

One of my freinds told me that if we apply TIER 2 permium visa through a solicitor, we can get the visa on the same day. Can I just ask that is this a safe process and does this affect our future visa applications in any way?

IMMIGRATION LAWYER

Re: Premium visa through solicitor???

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:54 pm

There are a number of visas that can be lodged via the so-called same day service either yourself or via a representative.

A lawyer is not a magician and should always go by the Rules.

The same say service (not necessarily with a lawyer) gives a chance to discuss certain problems with the caseworker, if they arise.

I find the same day service appointments far more efficient than the postal applications. It seems that most of the clients nowadays prefer the same day service over the postal applications.

midpisces wrote:One of my freinds told me that if we apply TIER 2 permium visa through a solicitor, we can get the visa on the same day. Can I just ask that is this a safe process and does this affect our future visa applications in any way?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:13 pm

I hesitate to disagree with a professional advisor, but PEO appointments do not give the opportunity to discuss the application with the checking officer.
The PEO officers are there simply to check the documents and the validity of the application. If further clarification is needed pEO staff do not have the authority to deal with this on the day and the application will be referred to a case worker at a higher level. The application will then join the postal route with no special priority...but the higher PEO fee will still be taken.
Unless you feel that your application is 100% straightforward you should apply by post.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:48 pm

Casa wrote:I hesitate to disagree with a professional advisor, but PEO appointments do not give the opportunity to discuss the application with the checking officer.
The PEO officers are there simply to check the documents and the validity of the application. If further clarification is needed pEO staff do not have the authority to deal with this on the day and the application will be referred to a case worker at a higher level. The application will then join the postal route with no special priority...but the higher PEO fee will still be taken.
Unless you feel that your application is 100% straightforward you should apply by post.
I agree with you Casa.

I think "immigration lawyer" is out for business at the moment.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:44 pm

Greenie[color=red] wrote:
Casa wrote:I hesitate to disagree with a professional advisor, but PEO appointments do not give the opportunity to discuss the application with the checking officer.
Unless you feel that your application is 100% straightforward you should apply by post[/color].
I agree with you Casa.

I think "immigration lawyer" is out for business at the moment.
I agree with you both :wink: