ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need YMS VISA?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sdporritt
Newly Registered

Do I need YMS VISA?

Post by sdporritt » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:45 pm

Hi all,

I'm a little confused about what VISA my girlfriend is going to be needing, I was hoping someone here can help.

The situation is, me and my girlfriend are in the US right now, we're both from New Zealand, and we were planning to go to Europe to travel for a bit. Now, I'm a British Citizen through my father, so I have a passport, so I'm covered, but my girlfriend does not.

The thing I am wondering is, does she need to get the YMS VISA, which is difficult, because I've heard you need to apply from outside the UK. We're only in the US for about another month more, and not in a fixed address, so it's a bit difficult to do it that way. Or is there some other VISA? I heard there is a dependent VISA? Is this true, and if so, what is it called?

Thanks for your help. I understand there may be some things incorrect with what I've typed, but I'm sure you can understand what I'm getting at!

Sam.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:43 am

If she is a non-visa national, then she may visit the UK without a visa. Else, if eligible, she may apply for the YMS or ancestry or other visa.

Type of visa required depends on her circumstances and intentions.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.