ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport for New baby

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PG1983

British Passport for New baby

Post by PG1983 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:50 pm

Please can anyone let me know which is the right form to apply for British passport for my new baby. Both me an my wife have ILR granted last year. What documents would I have to provide?

Any help or experience from people in a similar situation, would be appreciated.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:10 pm

Search the forum. It is full of examples similar to your case.

There is only one form for passports (assuming you are applying within the UK). Read more here (just click on the highlighted word).

Bob44

Re: British Passport for New baby

Post by Bob44 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:28 am

PG1983 wrote:Please can anyone let me know which is the right form to apply for British passport for my new baby. Both me an my wife have ILR granted last year. What documents would I have to provide?

Any help or experience from people in a similar situation, would be appreciated.
go to your nearest post office and get a form, fill it in and get it signed by somebody who is a professional who has known you for at least 2 years. get it checked at the post office and then submit it

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:47 am

Thanks for your help. I have filled out the form and sent it off via the post office. Its a very simple form, the hardest bit was getting the passport photo(very hard to get the little one to lie still). Fingers crossed that there aren't any problems.

Bob44

Post by Bob44 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:18 pm

PG1983 wrote:Thanks for your help. I have filled out the form and sent it off via the post office. Its a very simple form, the hardest bit was getting the passport photo(very hard to get the little one to lie still). Fingers crossed that there aren't any problems.
yeah that's true its very hard taking kids pp photos, i am sure you will get it in a week's time. i got my daughters passport after 5 days of submitting the form. good luck

Vishal75
Newly Registered

Post by Vishal75 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:08 pm

Hi - i have a query on this proces...

Q1. Is the process of getting british passport for children born in UK before parents get ILR any different to getting british passport for children born in UK after parents get ILR?

Q2. My ILR is due next week and I have a daughter born here in UK recently. I have excluded my daughter in my ILR application... So once I get my ILR - can I just apply for my daughter's British passport or should i get her MN1 first

Thanks
VS

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:56 pm

Vishal75 wrote:Hi - i have a query on this proces...

Q1. Is the process of getting british passport for children born in UK before parents get ILR any different to getting british passport for children born in UK after parents get ILR?

If child was born in the UK before one of the parents had ILR, the child is not British. He needs to apply to register as British and once this application is approved, he becomes British and can apply for a passport.
If child was born in the UK after one of the parents had ILR, the child is British from birth and can apply for passport straight away.
The process for applying for passport is the same in both cases (once the child is British). The difference is in the supporting documents you provide in each case.
Q2. My ILR is due next week and I have a daughter born here in UK recently. I have excluded my daughter in my ILR application... So once I get my ILR - can I just apply for my daughter's British passport or should i get her MN1 first
As your daughter was born before you had ILR, you will need to register her as British first using form MN1.

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:51 am

Just wanted to update everyone. I have got my child's passport now. The timeline was as below:

Application submitted through post office check & send: 27th June
Application received: 29th June
Passport arrived: 14th July

All in all a very simple process. Now I need to apply for his PIO card. But that's for another forum :D