ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nad1983

time

Post by nad1983 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:30 pm

hi can sum1 tell me please i send eea2 aplication on

3 feb

3 march recieved coa

so when is gona be six month on 3 aug or the day they issue coa 24 feb time start six month

Tanic
Newly Registered

Post by Tanic » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:48 pm

On the COA it usually says 'we received your application on ...........' - in my opinion this is when the count starts!!

Good luck with it

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:19 pm

Mate you just have to waite a while. It might be fast decision these days but when I applied it took 8 months. ta

IMMIGRATION LAWYER

Re: time

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:32 pm

4 months on average currently, could be quicker. I have not seen a case taking longer than 6 months for a while now.

nad1983 wrote:hi can sum1 tell me please i send eea2 aplication on

3 feb

3 march recieved coa

so when is gona be six month on 3 aug or the day they issue coa 24 feb time start six month

nad1983

hi

Post by nad1983 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:20 am

hi thanks for the replies...well it says there they recieved on 4 feb and now is 24 july so almost 5 months 20 days ...bit worried ...:(

DFDS.

Re: hi

Post by DFDS. » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:27 pm

nad1983 wrote:hi thanks for the replies...well it says there they recieved on 4 feb and now is 24 july so almost 5 months 20 days ...bit worried ...:(
Quite a number of applications that were made in early march are still pending, depending on what board members are reporting. Lets just wait for now since they are still with in six months.
Relax! and this too shall pass, secrets are like seasons, they change.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:00 pm

nad1983 wrote:hi thanks for the replies...well it says there they recieved on 4 feb and now is 24 july so almost 5 months 20 days ...bit worried ...:(

Did you try to request your or your partner's passport back.It makes process quicker as well sometimes.

nad1983

Hi

Post by nad1983 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:41 pm

Thanks 4 every1 here replies me thanks again 4 ur help guys yes I send them request 4 my wife passport back so how long they gona take to send it back to us. Many thanks 4 replies

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:18 am

UKBA say it should take up to 10 working days to receive the passport.

nad1983

hi

Post by nad1983 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:55 pm

still not recieve passport yet ..

nad1983

hi

Post by nad1983 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:59 pm

hi guyz i am bit confuse of about 6 months time...i send my application through solicitor on 3 feb and they recive 4 feb...coa issue 24 feb...so 6 months time start when 4 feb or 24 feb plz help me about this and my lawyer send request for my wife passport on 20 july still not reply...thanks 4 replies and helpin me ...this forum is realy helpfull thanks u all guys..

Qman

Post by Qman » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:38 am

It's unfortunate that your RC is taking so long, but with regards to the passport return, they won't count the weekends so it has only been 7 working days since your request was sent on 20th July. By Wed Aug 3rd it'll be 10 working days.

I would assume they start counting the 6 months from the day they receive it so I'd guess from the 4th Feb. You should get familiar with the complaints procedure, cos it looks like you may have to put in a complaint.

Good luck
Sent PR March 2016
Refused Sept 2016
Appealed to FtT Sept 2016
Refused Nov 2016
Perm to Appeal to Upper Tribunal Nov 2016
Refused Dec 2016
Applied to UT Jan 2017
Appeal heard 29 Apr 2017
New COA 4 May 2017
Overturned 1 June 2017
PR Card issued July 2017

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:39 pm

nad1983 wrote:hi guyz i am bit confuse of about 6 months time...i send my application through solicitor on 3 feb and they recive 4 feb...coa issue 24 feb...so 6 months time start when 4 feb or 24 feb plz help me about this and my lawyer send request for my wife passport on 20 july still not reply...thanks 4 replies and helpin me ...this forum is realy helpfull thanks u all guys..
nad1983, can you please try NWCSU, they are prompt when it comes to complaints! Just flip throuth the board, you will find there email then send them your details explaining when you applied.
Relax! and this too shall pass, secrets are like seasons, they change.

nad1983

hi

Post by nad1983 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:59 pm

hi guyz pls advice me wot can i do now...
eea2 sent 3 feb
coa issue 24 feb ( recive 03 march )

after that no news yet...

my wife got 2 weeks holidays from work starting 14 august and i send request for her passport in writing through my solicitor cuz we send eea2 through solicitor...

they send request on 22 july friday by recorded delivery and i calld home office today they sed the day we recieve the request after that u have to wait 10 working days sum time it takes longer then that...so when i trace the delivery royal mail deliver them on 27 july so itz mean yntil now only 4 working days and 10 gona be on next wek wednesday and then they gona send it and i wont get it as my wife goin to c her mom and she has flight on sunday 14 so i realy dunt kno wot to do plz advice i will be very greatfull to all of u guys many thanks

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:08 pm

nad1983 wrote:hi guyz pls advice me wot can i do now...
eea2 sent 3 feb
coa issue 24 feb ( recive 03 march )

after that no news yet...

my wife got 2 weeks holidays from work starting 14 august and i send request for her passport in writing through my solicitor cuz we send eea2 through solicitor...

they send request on 22 july friday by recorded delivery and i calld home office today they sed the day we recieve the request after that u have to wait 10 working days sum time it takes longer then that...so when i trace the delivery royal mail deliver them on 27 july so itz mean yntil now only 4 working days and 10 gona be on next wek wednesday and then they gona send it and i wont get it as my wife goin to c her mom and she has flight on sunday 14 so i realy dunt kno wot to do plz advice i will be very greatfull to all of u guys many thanks

call them again and put another request via phone.you will get ur passports with RC soon.just keep inquiring them by calling every single day.

nad1983

hi

Post by nad1983 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:12 pm

hi guys thanks 4 replies..well situation is that still didnt get my rc...i applied on 3 feb....then my wife she want to go to c her mother to her country so we request her passport in writing on 21 july didnt get any reply calld homeoffice 3 time they said they cant c anyfing here then today we did request over the phone and they speak to my wife she sed them that she need her passport cuz she want to c her mom cuz she is not well...so they ask some question her number name and adress and they give 1 number that to fax in writing that u need passport ...we did fax sayin that her mom is not well so we need her passport as soon as posible...
i am bit worried some1 told me that if u call homeoffice and enquire about ur case or anyfing they can get suspicious and can refuse ur case jus need ur help guyz is dat true ? and we wait 6 months we send our application on 3 feb y they taking too much time....worried worried worried...
and plz tell me now we did request over the phone so how long they gona take to send the passport is it they gona send in special delivery or normal recorded delivery...thanks for all of ur support..many thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:49 am

nad1983 wrote:hi guys thanks 4 replies..well situation is that still didnt get my rc...i applied on 3 feb....then my wife she want to go to c her mother to her country so we request her passport in writing on 21 july didnt get any reply calld homeoffice 3 time they said they cant c anyfing here then today we did request over the phone and they speak to my wife she sed them that she need her passport cuz she want to c her mom cuz she is not well...so they ask some question her number name and adress and they give 1 number that to fax in writing that u need passport ...we did fax sayin that her mom is not well so we need her passport as soon as posible...
i am bit worried some1 told me that if u call homeoffice and enquire about ur case or anyfing they can get suspicious and can refuse ur case jus need ur help guyz is dat true ? and we wait 6 months we send our application on 3 feb y they taking too much time....worried worried worried...
and plz tell me now we did request over the phone so how long they gona take to send the passport is it they gona send in special delivery or normal recorded delivery...thanks for all of ur support..many thanks
Requesting the passport back / asking about the status of the application doesn't affect the application at all (and doesn't make them suspicious).

If you have provided them with a self addressed special delivery envelope when you applied, they might use that. If not, 2nd class. You should get the passport after 10 days from making the request.

nad1983

hi

Post by nad1983 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:41 pm

hi guyz really worried i dont kno wotz going on..i request for my wife passport cuz my mother in law is sick so she need to travel so we request the passport in writing homeoffice recive that request on 27 july...we havnt get reply then we request again over the phone on 5 august still no reply i call every day homeoffice like 4 times different pplz on helpline tell different things sum1 says u have to wait...sum1 says sometime they send the passport but it doesnt show on the system ...cuz they sed they dunt have access to case worker they can check only that information updated on the system...i dont kno wot to do plz give me advise thanks many thanks...

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:50 am

nad1983 wrote:hi guyz really worried i dont kno wotz going on..i request for my wife passport cuz my mother in law is sick so she need to travel so we request the passport in writing homeoffice recive that request on 27 july...we havnt get reply then we request again over the phone on 5 august still no reply i call every day homeoffice like 4 times different pplz on helpline tell different things sum1 says u have to wait...sum1 says sometime they send the passport but it doesnt show on the system ...cuz they sed they dunt have access to case worker they can check only that information updated on the system...i dont kno wot to do plz give me advise thanks many thanks...

Send them fax and email as well.They do reply to emails nearly after a week, contact NWCS unit as well and make a complain about it.

princedante
Newly Registered

Post by princedante » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:40 pm

the best you can do is wait , you keep repeating yourself and are getting the same answers, your solicitor should perhaps contact them as you went through him / her .

Your solicitor should be able to help you in this matter because you are paying him :roll:

nad1983

hi

Post by nad1983 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:54 pm

hi thanks 4 replies yea i sent my case through solicitors they send the request on 21 july they said wait as well but whot if sum1 is realy sick and not well and that person is ur mother wot u gona do...r u gona say ooh wait and c,....until that time anything happen bad...my wifes mother shes not well she took 2 weks of frm work startin 14 and now we cant do anything until we get the passport...

well i send them a letter request today with first class recorded and inside first class recorded envelop as well so lets c i hope they understand and send the passport ...cuz 6 month time also over now...

nad1983

hi

Post by nad1983 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:04 pm

wot is NWCSU AND HOW I CAN COMPLAIN TO THEM ABOUT HOMEOFFICE...PLS ADVICE THANKS

Qman

Post by Qman » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:33 pm

I think it's North West Customer Service Unit, you can find informtion on how to contact them here or here
Sent PR March 2016
Refused Sept 2016
Appealed to FtT Sept 2016
Refused Nov 2016
Perm to Appeal to Upper Tribunal Nov 2016
Refused Dec 2016
Applied to UT Jan 2017
Appeal heard 29 Apr 2017
New COA 4 May 2017
Overturned 1 June 2017
PR Card issued July 2017

princedante
Newly Registered

Post by princedante » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:55 am

the way I see it , you want a permit to stay here and if the home office decide to take 8 months to decide after they have completed investigation etc , they can do so .

In relation to the sick mother etc , you never mentioned that in the beginning of this topic , you started mentioning it after someone said that it could take up to 6 months or longer, but by requesting for the passport to be returned due to travelling reasons could speed up the application process, you seem to have literally started mentioning the ill mother situation ever since. That's just my opinion.

Like I said before, waiting is all you can do instead of venting your frustrations over here buddy.

nad1983

hi

Post by nad1983 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:19 pm

listen mate keep ur opinion with u i ask advice not ur opinion..her mother got sick a month ago not the time we sent the application..and thats our right to request the passport back cuz illness can come any time with any 1 so if u cant advice dunt right anything here cuz this place is not 4 ur personal opinion i hope u understand well safe...