ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ana_W
Newly Registered

Post by Ana_W » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:10 pm

Hay wrote:@Ana_w: That's right but still they can ask us to resend our passports when its our turn or when the application reach to the decision making point. I am really thinking to stand against this unfair and unjust procedure? We have brought a lot to this country, why we should be treated like this. Ana do you agree with any sort of chain complain or petition?
I'm ready to sign any complain or petition, but just after I've got my ILR in my passport.
Could you imagine if it can be the reason to refuse or delay more? To wait so long and then don't get it. They always can say that this is our fault, we have a choice before application to post it or to go to Premium Service for extra 400 pounds, so we knew about their deadline up to 6 months and it's we are who decided to take a risk.
I'm cawardly.
But as I wrote earlier, if only I knew it takes so long, I would defenetly go to Premium Service and pay this extra money just to avoid the frustraition.

Alisabrittany
Newly Registered

Guilty

Post by Alisabrittany » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:03 pm

Guilty of checking this site 30 times a day :shock:

My Hubby said "get off that damn site" LOL

JA- What date was your ILR stamped?

Nat000- Did you ever receive an ACK letter?

I think I am having a nervous breakdown waiting for this ILR to come through...My Uni cut off date is Aug 1 st BUT it seems that it takes a week to get sent back to the applicant after passport is stamped.

Is it me, or does it look like it usually takes about 8 weeks exactly from ACK letter? ( YES I check all the times/dates on my phone calendar) LOL

Cheers Y'all,
Alisa

vickivickii

Post by vickivickii » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:15 pm

I have been waiting since February guys and girls....

Called the casework team AGAIN today and it has still not been allocated to a worker.

I gave them my sob story and they told me to fax in and request that they consider it urgently.

Just faxed them so fingers crossed we will hear soon.

I am getting crazy in my mind because of this. It is worse than applying for the initial spouse visa which was a real nightmare!! I thought this was supposed to be the easy one???????????!!

JA
Newly Registered

ILR WAIT

Post by JA » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:51 pm

The passport was stamped 8 July 2011

JA
Newly Registered

ILR PROCESSING TIMELINES

Post by JA » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:56 pm

ALISABRITTANY - VISA STAMP DATED 8TH JULY 2011

Nat000
Newly Registered

Post by Nat000 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:59 pm

i applied via a solicitor

no Ack letter received yet, though HO did confirm that they sent it to my address weeks ago, they are resending a new one.

this is all so confusing!! i remember when i applied for a work permit a couple of years back it came through in 10 days!! and back then it seemed like a long wait! :(

i just hope we all get our ILRs soon!!

poweller123
Newly Registered

Post by poweller123 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:02 pm

just to let everyone know i received my ilr today, thanks to everyone on here for their comments and support, as well as just reading other people situations to give a little hope, here is my timeline to help anyone else waiting,,
sent postal application set (m) the 9th may-
(next day delivery) post office confirmed delivery on the 10th may,
payment was taken on the 14th may-
dont remember when i got my ack. letter, but it has the 13th may on it,
recieved my ilr today 20th of july

about 9 1/2 weeks in total, good luck to everyone still waiting hope u guys here something soon, its a big weight off your shoulders,,, :D

Nat000
Newly Registered

Post by Nat000 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:12 pm

i wonder how long it takes once its actually been allocated to a particular case worker....??

any ideas?

Ana_W
Newly Registered

Post by Ana_W » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:32 pm

Nat000 wrote:i wonder how long it takes once its actually been allocated to a particular case worker....??

any ideas?
This is the main problem, nobody has a clue now how long it can takes. But it looks like not less that 8 weeks. But this is for lucky ones.

poweller123
Newly Registered

Post by poweller123 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:38 pm

yeah i would have to say i am lucky as some is still waiting from feb and april, but i thought mine would take alot longer than most as i have to pay child support and everything, it was granted in liverpools office, and the stamp says july 11th on it, but i dont know exactly when it was sent there, as well i didnt receive anything about having to get biometrics done anyone else?

Nat000
Newly Registered

Post by Nat000 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:52 pm

i think the timeline is roughly 8-9 weeks from the date of posting. Some of this time is spent taking payment (which is not done by HO, but rather some company they have outsourced this funtion to), forwarding the application to HO and initial processing by HO before its allocated to a particular person etc.

Its interesting to know how much time the caseworkers physically spend looking at each application once they get their hand on it.

Hay

Post by Hay » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:59 pm

Ana_W wrote:
Hay wrote:@Ana_w: That's right but still they can ask us to resend our passports when its our turn or when the application reach to the decision making point. I am really thinking to stand against this unfair and unjust procedure? We have brought a lot to this country, why we should be treated like this. Ana do you agree with any sort of chain complain or petition?
I'm ready to sign any complain or petition, but just after I've got my ILR in my passport.
Could you imagine if it can be the reason to refuse or delay more? To wait so long and then don't get it. They always can say that this is our fault, we have a choice before application to post it or to go to Premium Service for extra 400 pounds, so we knew about their deadline up to 6 months and it's we are who decided to take a risk.
I'm cawardly.
But as I wrote earlier, if only I knew it takes so long, I would defenetly go to Premium Service and pay this extra money just to avoid the frustraition.
True but there is a counter arguement, we can say we were not informed that home office is not going to co operate with us regarding the status of our applications and this process is very unfair even if we have granted our consent to go through this route. but lets wait for a few days more to see what luck is going to bring for us:)

Hay

Post by Hay » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:09 pm

no one has post anything in last few hours... u know guys I am addicted to this page...please express something lol
by the way, my application hasn't reached to 14 weeks yet but what kind of information they give after 14 weeks?

JA
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by JA » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:37 pm

My acknowledgement letter was received confirming my papers had been passed to a caseworker which was dated around 19th May and ILR received yesterday with visa stamped 8 July so around 6-7wks once passed to a caseworker although we made their life easier by sending in lots of paperwork originals and copies all indexed in a file with covering letter

Ana_W
Newly Registered

Re: ILR

Post by Ana_W » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:34 am

JA wrote:My acknowledgement letter was received confirming my papers had been passed to a caseworker which was dated around 19th May and ILR received yesterday with visa stamped 8 July so around 6-7wks once passed to a caseworker although we made their life easier by sending in lots of paperwork originals and copies all indexed in a file with covering letter
All the same.
But I received ack letter earlier than you and still waiting...

Nat000
Newly Registered

Post by Nat000 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:30 am

so 6-7 weeks from the time its allocated to caseworker - i wonder how many applications each caseworker goes through in a day? should be quite a few id imagine, people who get ILR at PEO say that they spend about 30min looking at the docs before giving decision. 8 hour working day, must be at least 8 applications!! :) gosh, i hope my caseworker is one of the more efficient ones, lol!!

rako
Newly Registered

Post by rako » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:36 am

Hi guys,

One more waiting person.
Set O application sent 16th May
Received Home office letter dated 17th May
Payment taken: 17th May.

Nat000
Newly Registered

Post by Nat000 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:37 am

welcome :) join the club!! hehe

hellog123

ILR JR SET(o)

Post by hellog123 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:53 am

Applied for ILR- 9th May
Acknowledgement -13th May
Current immigration status- Pending
Current mental status- Paranoid, Obsessive and Insomniac :shock: :shock:
Thanks to Home office for this special ordeal.
11 weeks and still Waiting.

Most of the the cases around my date has been decided. And most of them happens to be of straight forward category i.e Set(M) or Ancestory .
Is there anyone around my date who is still waiting.
:( :(

kittykat

Post by kittykat » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:00 am

Hello, I can see that other people who applied around the same time as me are anxious, so I thought this might help...
I applied on 24 May and got ack letter 26 May. My MP contacted the UKBA for me (about a separate employment issue) and they said it had just gone to the caseworking team, and would be at least six weeks more, taking it up to the third week of August. This is in line with what an immigration solicitor told me: applications average 10 to 14 weeks turnaround time. So I am waiting patiently until then.
I can see there are other posters here with similar dates so perhaps that helps (although no two cases are the same).
Good luck everyone.

Ana_W
Newly Registered

Re: ILR JR SET(o)

Post by Ana_W » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:03 am

hellog123 wrote:Most of the the cases around my date has been decided. And most of them happens to be of straight forward category i.e Set(M) or Ancestory .
Is there anyone around my date who is still waiting.
:( :(
Almost the same dates, even couple days earlier, straightforward SET(M), still waiting...

JA
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by JA » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:22 am

I think that there must be a backlog which they are wading through. I think that if you phone or write to chase/enquire you may bring your case to the top of the pile

Nat000
Newly Registered

Post by Nat000 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:52 am

does anyone have a phone number for HO caseworker unit in Liverpool??

hellog123

Post by hellog123 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:05 pm

Even i need the phone number or fax number of the liverpool settlement centre.

poweller123
Newly Registered

Post by poweller123 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:37 pm

Nat000 wrote:does anyone have a phone number for HO caseworker unit in Liverpool??
i actually have the number that came with my letter for ilr,
managed migration dep6 in liverpool number is...08706067766-
and says fax number given on request,, hope this helps you guys in anyway,, jennie