ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success - IRL Application - Spouses Settlement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

SANGHA
Newly Registered

Success - IRL Application - Spouses Settlement

Post by SANGHA » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:44 pm

Hi

I wanted to let everyone know on the success of the SET(M) IRL. I had applied on my sister in laws behave:

05/05/2011 Sent the forms and documents
06/05/2011 Received at the office
14/05/2011 Received a letter confirm the receipt of the aplication
20/05/2011 Payment taken out of the account
23/07/2011 Received a letter confirming that the passprt has been endsored and returned with all the letters and documents originally sent.

It was a very long wait, 11 weeks and 2 days to be precise, but worth it.

Only limited documents were sent, as they are both leaving with his parents, his on benefit and she had just started to work about 4 weeks before the application was made.

I had enclosed a covering letter stating the reason for not sending more document. Just remember to be honest as sooner or later it will catch up with you.

Hope this helps others in similar sitution. I would like to thank the forums member for their contribution on helping me out. Good luck to everyone.

Cheers

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: Success - IRL Application - Spouses Settlement

Post by mk357 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:48 pm

SANGHA wrote:Hi

I wanted to let everyone know on the success of the SET(M) IRL. I had applied on my sister in laws behave:

05/05/2011 Sent the forms and documents
06/05/2011 Received at the office
14/05/2011 Received a letter confirm the receipt of the aplication
20/05/2011 Payment taken out of the account
23/07/2011 Received a letter confirming that the passprt has been endsored and returned with all the letters and documents originally sent.

It was a very long wait, 11 weeks and 2 days to be precise, but worth it.

Only limited documents were sent, as they are both leaving with his parents, his on benefit and she had just started to work about 4 weeks before the application was made.

I had enclosed a covering letter stating the reason for not sending more document. Just remember to be honest as sooner or later it will catch up with you.

Hope this helps others in similar sitution. I would like to thank the forums member for their contribution on helping me out. Good luck to everyone.

Cheers
Congratulations. What limited documents you have sent and what didn't you send?

SANGHA
Newly Registered

Post by SANGHA » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi

Please find below a copy of the covering letter sent with the appication form They had no letters in joint names at all. Any documents that had their names on we had sent.

I hope this helps.

Should you require more information please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Regards

PS Some of the columns below are not in align, i had copied it from excel.

CONTENTS

A APPLICATION FORM

B COVERING LETTER (CLEAR WALLET)

APPENDIX 1 LETTER FROM PARENT (FATHER)
2 PARENT BANK STATEMENTS - 23/12/2010 - 22/04/2011 (FATHER) & INVESTMENT STATEMENT
3 LETTER FROM SANTANDER CONFIRMING HOUSE DEEDS (FATHER)
4 HALIFAX BANK STATEMENTS - 01/01/2009 - 18/04/2011 (MR I S SANGHA)
5 LETTER FROM BENEFIT OFFICE (MR I S SANGHA)
6 P45 - SIMPLY WICKED LIMITED (MRS G KAUR)
7 ESOL CERTIFICATE (MRS G KAUR)
8 MARCH PAYSLIP - KAMAL ENTERPRISE (MRS G KAUR)
9 LETTER FROM EMPLOYER - KAMAL ENTERPRISE (MRS G KAUR)
10 LETTER FROM HALIFAX (MR I S SANGHA)

C OTHER DOCUMENTS (YELLOW WALLET)

2 PASSPORTS - MR I S SANGHA & MRS G KAUR
3 PHOTOGRAPHS (ATTACHED TO THE FORM) 2 - MRS G KAUR
1 - MR I S SANGHA
1 MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
1 CHEQUE TO THE VALUE OF £972.00 (ATTACHED TO THE FORM)

D MR I S SANGHA (BLUE WALLET)

H M REVENUE & CUSTOMS - PAYE CODING NOTICE
JOBCENTREPLUS - INCAPACITY ASSESSMENT
TESCO CLUBCARD NOTIFICATION
POLL CARD - ELECTION TO COVENTRY CITY COUNCIL

E MRS G KAUR (PINK WALLET)

NHS MEDICAL CARD
H M REVENUE & CUSTOMS - NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER NOTIFICATION
JOBCENTREPLUS - CONFIRMATION OF NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER
MISSION - EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION REFUSAL
HENLEY COLLEGE COVENTRY - DETAILS ON ESOL CLASSES
SIKH AID - FULL SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY
PARADISE MEDICAL CENTRE - CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION
POLL CARD - ELECTION TO COVENTRY CITY COUNCIL
BOOTS CLUBCARD NOTIFICATION

jass17
Newly Registered

Post by jass17 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:49 pm

hi there,
i came to uk in feb on spouse visa.. i'm living with my in-laws. my husband has his own house as well.. he sponsered me on that address.. but we r living with our parents. so i would like to ask you that do we need to have the bills on our name??
thnx

SANGHA
Newly Registered

Post by SANGHA » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi

As long as you can prove that you having been living with your partner for the duration of the time, it does'nt matter where you are living.

My sister and brother in law both lived with his parents and they had no bills in their names. As you can see from the above list there was'nt many documents sent.

We made sure that we could proof that they lived together spanning over a period of 2 years, made sure that my sister in law who came over on a spouses visa did not claim any public funds, she completed her speaking and listening (ESOL), and finally provide proof that you can support yourself financialy.

If you can start to collect as many documents from different sources now rather than leaving it until the end, which we made a mistake on. I suppose if you can get a utility bill on both of your names will help, and also when it comes to opening a bank account, which we did'nt manage to do.

Don't forget to provide a letter from your in laws confirming that you are both residing with them and that there is sufficient accomodation to do so. If they are providing financial help towards the bills, up keep of the house, that can also be stated on the letter. We also sent proof that the house belonged to my father in law.

Should you require more information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

jass17
Newly Registered

Post by jass17 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:26 pm

thnks u so much indeed.....

as my husband owned a house.... and he sponsered me on that address... do we have to give details of that house while applying for ILR..??? that house is on rent now.... and the house we living in, that is my father in laws house and the bills are on his name. we are not getting any public fund yet.. but as i'm gonna have a baby in dec so we'll apply for child benefit and tax credit .will that effect my ILR? we already have a joint bank account and i have my gp letters , NINO, driving license.

i'll be grateful to u...

SANGHA
Newly Registered

Post by SANGHA » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:07 pm

Hi

When you apply you will have to state the addrees at which you are residing. On the form that you fill in it will ask for for all the addresses that you have lived at, and you would be expected to provide supporting evidence that you had both lived together at those addresses.

Are you or your partner working at the moment? If so it is important for you to keep the pay slips and P40 in a safe place.

It will be best if you start studying for your ESOL, as it will be difficult once the little one arrives. If you need any help with regarding finding an approved accrediated centre, please confirm the area you live in and i will let you know.

Child benefit can be applied in you husbands name, but the tax credit must be in the name of your husband as the main applicant and yourself as the second person, there will also be a section where you will have to declare that you are under immigration rules.

As a matter of interest what documents did you have to produce, in order to open a bank account?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

jass17
Newly Registered

Post by jass17 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:18 pm

thnx

i was going to had a bank account on my name... but the banker said i cant hav it on my name as i'm not working . so we had a joint account.The details we provided were my passport , husband passport,his other bank statements , my licence. they need 2 ids individually...

SANGHA
Newly Registered

Post by SANGHA » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:02 pm

Thanks.

My sister in law was not allowed to open an account as she had no bills in here name. I will have to get her to take her licence with her.

Thanks

jass17
Newly Registered

Post by jass17 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:33 pm

in which bank did u applied for? i have an account in llyodstsb...
ur sis in law is working as well..so i dnt think there should be any problem..