ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

hmw
Newly Registered

Post by hmw » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:52 am

rnr79 wrote:
hmw wrote:Perhaps a simpler answer could be that in June 2011, lot more applications were received and hence, processing slowed down considerably. It could be that people, wary of the June 2011 changes being re-instated at some point in time, applied as soon as they were eligible. And the others who had been considering naturalisation, but had not done so yet, applied just to be on the safe side. Or then perhaps the government wishes to scrutinise the applications more thoroughly.

But yes there's a clear slowdown in the approval process. For example the earlier batch had their fees taken within 2-5 days. Now it takes 3 weeks ...
Well i dont think any the idea of scrutinising application more thoroughly is right. if so why some of the applications get results so quickly...and also if the processing hasnt started even after 10 weeks...what kind of checks they are doing?
Not all applications are equal. e.g.: If the application is for someone who has not been working at all then they won't do credit checks etc. So some applications will get processed faster than others. Also if there is a severe backlog then they might not even start processing the applications until they can commit resources. In short: I don't know, I'm just speculating :)

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:20 am

vipul1981 wrote:just called HO.

They said my post should have arrived by now. Not sure why it is delayed.

If I don't receive it by 28th, they will re-issue duplicate
Are you working from home today?Has your post been for the day?
Sorry to hear about this mate... sure you'll have it sooner than later!

May be call your council to see if they have the info and if you can book your ceremony in the meantime?

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:23 am

well simply average time is increased for sure, i am agreed my one of the form member yes its ture inmay and june they have recieved alot application. credit check is not difficult for HO ok.
NAZIA XX

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:34 am

hmw wrote:
rnr79 wrote:
hmw wrote:Perhaps a simpler answer could be that in June 2011, lot more applications were received and hence, processing slowed down considerably. It could be that people, wary of the June 2011 changes being re-instated at some point in time, applied as soon as they were eligible. And the others who had been considering naturalisation, but had not done so yet, applied just to be on the safe side. Or then perhaps the government wishes to scrutinise the applications more thoroughly.

But yes there's a clear slowdown in the approval process. For example the earlier batch had their fees taken within 2-5 days. Now it takes 3 weeks ...
Well i dont think any the idea of scrutinising application more thoroughly is right. if so why some of the applications get results so quickly...and also if the processing hasnt started even after 10 weeks...what kind of checks they are doing?
Not all applications are equal. e.g.: If the application is for someone who has not been working at all then they won't do credit checks etc. So some applications will get processed faster than others. Also if there is a severe backlog then they might not even start processing the applications until they can commit resources. In short: I don't know, I'm just speculating :)
Well we all agree that not all applications are equal...but we jsut cant get the reason why the random behaviour:

- The applicants who received decision applied 4-5 weeks after some of the applicants
- But still previous application are untouched...if there was a backlog then why the latest application processing started?
- The applicants whose applications are still untouched dont have any crminal conviction, single application no dependants. no court cases..no tax problmes etc....

eveyone agrees all applications are different we are just trying to see why some applications are taking longer than others..there is no consistency and i think thorough checks is just not right excuse.

Nazia88....i am not complaining :wink: ...just discussing and see if we can find why the some applicants have to wait thats it....The anxious period has gone and i am just having fun now :)

Also I will be at new job from next week...so not much to do at current job..getting bored and missed you guys as well...so its better to come back here :lol:

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:06 pm

ukba..............ahhhhh still cant trurst anything i met one the family who granted BC last mounth and he got crminal offence and he didnt mentioned he got his approval in 6 weeks so there you go GREAT UKBA
rnr79 you should have fun now coz we all havning fun here hahahah :wink:
NAZIA XX

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:32 pm

I am getting all worried now.

Not sure why I still haven't received my post. Anyone?

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:40 pm

vipul1981 wrote:I am getting all worried now.

Hello mate...I dont think you should be worried...UKBA have made the decision...and there is 0% chance of rejection...its just matter of receving it ...in the worst case if it is missed, they can still send a new one...
Last edited by rnr79 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:40 pm

dont worry mate atleast you got to know the decision has been made and you dont need to wait for more but i hope you will recived tommoro. goodluck
NAZIA XX

semsem
Newly Registered

Post by semsem » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:42 pm

Don't worry. worst case scenario, call them by the 29th if you didn't receive it and ask for a replicate and tell them that you are willing to pay for the cost of a next day delivery and they should sort you out this way.

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:26 pm

rnr79 wrote:by looking at the trend of results on this forum, it is definitely sure that there are (may) be two different teams/groups, one of which processes applications sincerely and thats why decision turn around time is about 6 weeks for some applications and for other team it goes over 10 weeks. Dont know if this is inefficiecny of one of the team or two teams follow two differnt processes?

Recently govt announced that there may be a redundancy round for UKBA employess, because of this may be some workers are working slowly so that there is always a backlog of application and govt will think before layoff (?)
There are a few teams working on the applications

See the organisation structure in this report below

http://nds.coi.gov.uk/content/Detail.as ... wsAreaID=2

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:58 pm

lionking007 wrote:
rnr79 wrote:by looking at the trend of results on this forum, it is definitely sure that there are (may) be two different teams/groups, one of which processes applications sincerely and thats why decision turn around time is about 6 weeks for some applications and for other team it goes over 10 weeks. Dont know if this is inefficiecny of one of the team or two teams follow two differnt processes?

Recently govt announced that there may be a redundancy round for UKBA employess, because of this may be some workers are working slowly so that there is always a backlog of application and govt will think before layoff (?)
There are a few teams working on the applications

See the organisation structure in this report below

http://nds.coi.gov.uk/content/Detail.as ... wsAreaID=2
Yes i think i read this report few weeks ago..I understand there are few teams working...what i was trying to say two team in terms of slow and fast efficency of working...

Doesnt matter how many teams are working or different offices..the one thing is difficult to understand that some applications get result in 5 weeks and no body cares to tocuh other applocations for more than 10 weeks...we are paying same fees, meeting all the requirements even very simple case interms of eligibility etc... If some team is busy then simply dont allocate more applications to them, its just basic management funda to equally distribute the load of work. The difference of few weeks is understandable but months and months delay just doesnt make any sense.

I am not complaining but i think there should be some consistency the way UKBA handles applications.
Last edited by rnr79 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:59 pm

Hey Guys
First of all congratz Vipul and 1664

I know I should'nt be Moaning as I applied on the 17th June..but the Wait is killing me and to put Icing on the cake...my holidays sarted this week and I'm free for the next 5 weeks....

UKBA plz be quick...

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:08 pm

rnr79 wrote:
lionking007 wrote:
rnr79 wrote:(?)
The
I am not complaining but i think there should be some consistency the way UKBA handles applications.
this is true............
NAZIA XX

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:18 pm

PK wrote:Hey Guys

I know I should'nt be Moaning as I applied on the 17th June..but the Wait is killing me and to put Icing on the cake...my holidays sarted this week and I'm free for the next 5 weeks....

UKBA plz be quick...
Thanks PK. Look out for your post. It should arrive shortly!

Have you tried calling them?

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:38 pm

PK wrote:Hey Guys

UKBA plz be quick...
you can just imagin you only applied on 17th june those who applied well before you and wating how they would be feeling (including me) its very tough and hard to wait. we all understand it would take about 6 to 10 weeks average but when your time limit crosses the anxiety level becoming higher and higher each day...........at the end i will just say cant do nothing except to wait for it. goodluck to eveyone.
NAZIA XX

daniash

Post by daniash » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:55 pm

Good afternoon boys and girls
I have now entered my 11th week of waiting.
After much anguish I am not really bothered any more since I have already bye-bye'd the chances of a holiday before the summer is out, so at this point it doesn't matter anymore but it would be nicer to get it soon. I resolved to nit'ot call any more as it's just disappointment after disappointment, best to keep the hope alive that the approval might be in the mail every day!
As my case is not really straightforward I would imagine they might want to make a few extra checks. What I'm not sure is, if they had to send a letter to an organisation would they do it during the 'routine/background/initial checks' phase (BEFORE allocation to caseworker) or would it be the caseworker that would do the extra check if it wasn't part of the normal straightforward case procedure?
Just to get an idea whether there may be a letter stuck in the works somewhere waiting for a reply and holding up the whole process. Last week my case was still in the 'initial checks' phase after 10 weeks.
But at the end of the day, do these 'INITIAL CHECKS' even exist? Is it just another name for 'it's in a big pile in a queue waiting to be picked up by someone'? Because telephone operators seem to use different terms which seem to mean the same thing in practice..........

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:11 pm

daniash i wish you goodluck you will get ur approval soon. but do you mind to sharing why your application is not straight forwared even i have seen the straightforward cases are still in queue x
NAZIA XX

pkalluri
Newly Registered

Post by pkalluri » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:16 pm

I am in the same boat as well for having entered into the 11th week for naturalisation.I applied through NCS Manchester on 4th May 2011 on HSMP 4year (JR)+1 ye ILR.I did call them 4 or 5 times in the past month or so.
Here are the updates

in Mid June application scanned
End of June awaiting allocation.
Early july alloted to caseworker
two days later i called them again they changed the status to awaiting allocation(It was clarified in a later call saying that it was initially allotted to a caseworker and not assigned to caseworker at the moment.)
July 15th last call to UKBA still awaiting caseworker to pick my file.Didnt bother to call till 4th august.The update kept changing from the call center in my July conversations with UKBA.So i thought no point in calling them and wait for decision.There's no clarity with the updates
one day they say its under consideration(Does that mean because my application is with them It's under consideration).Another day they say allotted to caseworker and call them again they say its not with caseworker.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:25 pm

pkalluri wrote:I am in the same boat as well for having entered into the 11th week for naturalisation.I applied through NCS Manchester on 4th May 2011 on HSMP 4year (JR)+1 ye ILR.I did call them 4 or 5 times in the past month or so.
Here are the updates

two days later i called them again they changed the status to awaiting allocation(It was clarified in a later call saying that it was initially allotted to a caseworker and not assigned to caseworker at the moment.)
July 15th last call to UKBA still awaiting caseworker to pick my file.Didnt bother to call till 4th august.The update kept changing from the call center in my July conversations with UKBA.So i thought no point in calling them and wait for decision.There's no clarity with the updates
one day they say its under consideration(Does that mean because my application is with them It's under consideration).Another day they say allotted to caseworker and call them again they say its not with caseworker.
excetly the same thing happend with me they changed the stutus of the application each time i made a call.
NAZIA XX

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:39 pm

pkalluri wrote:I am in the same boat as well for having entered into the 11th week for naturalisation.I applied through NCS Manchester on 4th May 2011 on HSMP 4year (JR)+1 ye ILR.I did call them 4 or 5 times in the past month or so.
Here are the updates

It is very true pkalluri there is no point calling UKBA..its just makes you more frustrated..

I have called them 3 times and every time got answer which was not in line with what was said previously...so there either UKBA doesnt have any system where they update the statuses or the call advisors dont have access to it so they just say anything it depends upon the adviosr.

The one frustrating thing is that if you make any application for some thing else and pay about 1000 pounds you will get good service...but in this case it is like they are doing favour to us and always keep us in dark. They make 100s of millions from these applications but cant have clear, consistent and transparent system.

In fact now i doubt how credible these quality process checks and some of the reports published earlier on these forum are.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:46 pm

Nothing today either. Looks like mine is lost in post. Might have to ask them to send again.

When does the council send letter for ceremony?

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:51 pm

vipul1981 wrote:Nothing today either. Looks like mine is lost in post. Might have to ask them to send again.

dose council send the letter or ukba?? and then you contact with council....correct me if i am wrong.
NAZIA XX

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:58 pm

vipul1981 wrote:Nothing today either. Looks like mine is lost in post. Might have to ask them to send again.

Hello vipul1981...i am not sure but vaguely remember that some people contacted council to see if they have received certificate from UKBA and i think they went for ceremony before they received approval letter....so may be worth calling UKBA and tell them that you havent received decision letter yet and see if they can give you the reference number on letter and if you can use that to book ceremony (?)

but you cant trust post office service either...there were couple of instances where i received letter 2-3 weeks after they were sent...(where generally it takes mostly 5 days).....so your letter may still arrive at least by next week

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:23 pm

Hey guys. I wish everyone here will get their application approved soon. :D

I've applied 3rd May. I think my application is one of the oldest ones on the forum, I am in my 13th week. Very straight forward, married to a Brit, no convictions or exceptions. I just dont understand why did it take so long...? I called them on a Friday, they said its waiting allocation. The woman said, your application has been places in the queue since late June. Took then under 2 months to put me in the queue! I've asked about their process, they've replied, scanned into the system, initial checks then case worker however, there are security check with every step! I just dont think its fair to pass applications in 5 weeks when someone like me is in the queue for 13 blinking weeks.

Your thoughts?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:35 pm

My advice: Go on with you life, check the forum just once a week and don't compare to other, tell yourself it will take 6 months.
And then one morning, you will get a brown (or is it white) envelope with the good news.