ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:39 pm

Jambo wrote:My advice: Go on with you life, check the forum just once a week and don't compare to other, tell yourself it will take 6 months.
And then one morning, you will get a brown (or is it white) envelope with the good news.
waoo thanks jambo i thinking to consider your advice seriously.
NAZIA XX

TahirMahmood
Newly Registered

Post by TahirMahmood » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:40 pm

Applied on 15th April and still awaiting...:))) called two times...standard reply ' awaiting for caseworker allocation '.....:)

Slightly

Post by Slightly » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:13 pm

Hellllo everyone!

I haven't posted my timeline in the timeline thread yet, but just wanted to let you all know that I've finally received my approval today. We applied (family application) on the basis of WP on 18th April and the approval was dated 21st July.

We applied by post. Do I now need to wait for council's invitation or can I ring them?

Best of luck to everyone still waiting - especially Nazia88. Fingers crossed for you all.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:27 pm

Slightly wrote:Hellllo everyone!

I haven't posted my timeline in the timeline thread yet, but just wanted to let you all know that I've finally received my approval today. We applied (family application) on the basis of WP on 18th April and the approval was dated 21st July.

We applied by post. Do I now need to wait for council's invitation or can I ring them?

Best of luck to everyone still waiting - especially Nazia88. Fingers crossed for you all.
congrates to you and your family its great news for all of us and thanks for your best wishes for me and others in waiting. goodluck for cermony. :D
NAZIA XX

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:37 pm

1664 wrote:
PK wrote:Hey Guys
First of all congratz Vipul and 1664

I know I should'nt be Moaning as I applied on the 17th June..but the Wait is killing me and to put Icing on the cake...my holidays sarted this week and I'm free for the next 5 weeks....

UKBA plz be quick...
Thanks PK. Look out for your post. It should arrive shortly!

Have you tried calling them?

Yes Same old Answers...

I think the guys on the forum are right that each time UKBA changes the information they tell you....no point calling them..

Feel bad for people like Nazia as they applied long before some others(including me) and I just hope they process it sooner..

Prav

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:19 pm

I think UKBA representative should see this forum once ...they will at least come to know about the bad service they provide :wink:

On a separate note...soon there will be 10000 views on this thread :lol:

sidra4015

Post by sidra4015 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:48 pm

rnr79 wrote:I think UKBA representative should see this forum once ...they will at least come to know about the bad service they provide :wink:

On a separate note...soon there will be 10000 views on this thread :lol:
HI I APPLIED 18/05 STILL WAITING FOR ANSWER I CALLED 2 TIME BUT MORE FRUSTRATION SAME RUTINE ANSWER,I ADVICE DONT PHONE HIM GOODLUCK FOR ALL OF WHO R WAITING FOR YOUR APPROVAL THANKS

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:09 am

Guys...A friend of mine applied in April and she is still waiting for a news from UKBA. I was talking to her yesterday and got really some interesting info, She said Last time she called was in the last week of June and the reply she got was...UKBA is waiting for information from the Home Office .

And also it seems that she was told that if the application decision has not come through within three months then there is a chance that it will take six months as it will be going throguh security checks...this i think is bit worrying. I dont know what on earth these 'so called' intial and security checks are (?). This may be true because most of the users on this forum got decision mostly in 13-14 weeks... but only a couple of users had to wait about upto six months.

rightmove

Post by rightmove » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:13 am

rnr79 wrote:Guys...A friend of mine applied in April and she is still waiting for a news from UKBA. I was talking to her yesterday and got really some interesting info, She said Last time she called was in the last week of June and the reply she got was...UKBA is waiting for information from the Home Office .

And also it seems that she was told that if the application decision has not come through within three months then there is a chance that it will take six months as it will be going throguh security checks...this i think is bit worrying. I dont know what on earth these 'so called' intial and security checks are (?). This may be true because most of the users on this forum got decision mostly in 13-14 weeks... but only a couple of users had to wait about upto six months.
what nationality?

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:30 am

rightmove wrote:
rnr79 wrote:Guys...A friend of mine applied in April and she is still waiting for a news from UKBA..........
what nationality?
Indian

lasam

Post by lasam » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:40 am

rnr79 wrote:
rightmove wrote:
rnr79 wrote:Guys...A friend of mine applied in April and she is still waiting for a news from UKBA..........
what nationality?
Indian
does the nationality really matter? i dont think so
to rnr79 i am bit worried now as its nearly 3 months since i had applied and same answer waiting allocation, or under checks or i dont know what and this is not only frustrating but its also stressing, i just can not concentrate on any thing at all, i am thinking about whats going on all the time why the delay etc etc its just really hard

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:03 am

lasam wrote:
rnr79 wrote:
rightmove wrote:
what nationality?
Indian
does the nationality really matter? i dont think so
to rnr79 i am bit worried now as its nearly 3 months since i had applied and same answer waiting allocation, or under checks or i dont know what and this is not only frustrating but its also stressing, i just can not concentrate on any thing at all, i am thinking about whats going on all the time why the delay etc etc its just really hard
lasam, I am in very similar situation and understand what you said...sorry i didnt mean to discourage you...But what can we do...and i am really not to worried about the decision now...see what is the worst can happen...we still have ILR and can stay...settle here with families...work everything...we will loose the application fees and thats the loss....I have really started thinkning in the lines that it is going to take six months before i hear anything from UKBA so not planning anything on the assumption that i will get BC...

I am just discussing here for different opinions. experiences. etc...

Slightly

Post by Slightly » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:05 am

Guys, don't worry! If you haven't lied for your ILR and have completed your form AN properly, you will get your citizenship.

We got our approval yesterday after applying on 18th April. A friend also got their approval yesterday and they applied 3 weeks before us!

Stop letting speculations get to you! Just relax and get busy with other stuff. Your approvals WILL arrive in due course.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:10 am

Slightly wrote:Guys, don't worry! If you haven't lied for your ILR and have completed your form AN properly, you will get your citizenship.

We got our approval yesterday after applying on 18th April. A friend also got their approval yesterday and they applied 3 weeks before us!

Stop letting speculations get to you! Just relax and get busy with other stuff. Your approvals WILL arrive in due course.
Slightly yes...I have gone past the stage of worrying to be honest..so no stress now...there is no question about we lying on ILR application or getting anything wrong in the application and also it has been checked by NCS...in fact just curious thing that still why so much delay...i have seen cases where applicants had criminal cases and spent convictions..other complications and they got results in 6-7 weeks..

lasam

Post by lasam » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:43 am

rnr79 wrote:
Slightly wrote:Guys, don't worry! If you haven't lied for your ILR and have completed your form AN properly, you will get your citizenship.

Slightly yes...I have gone past the stage of worrying to be honest..so no stress now...there is no question about we lying on ILR application or getting anything wrong in the application and also it has been checked by NCS...in fact just curious thing that still why so much delay...i have seen cases where applicants had criminal cases and spent convictions..other complications and they got results in 6-7 weeks..
how can anyone lie about ILR its bit strange isnt it?
rnr79 i am happy for you , its good to not worry about the application i really hope to do so, but its difficult especially during holidays , anyway i ll have to face it , it might take up to 6 months or more or who knows

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:59 am

lasam wrote:
rnr79 wrote:

how can anyone lie about ILR its bit strange isnt it?
rnr79 i am happy for you , its good to not worry about the application i really hope to do so, but its difficult especially during holidays , anyway i ll have to face it , it might take up to 6 months or more or who knows
lasam...one trick...just for couple of days...say yourself continuously that i am not going to worry about application..it wont have any effect on my life...and soon you will forget worrying

amreenmalik

Post by amreenmalik » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:07 am

hmw wrote:Perhaps a simpler answer could be that in June 2011, lot more applications were received and hence, processing slowed down considerably. It could be that people, wary of the June 2011 changes being re-instated at some point in time, applied as soon as they were eligible. And the others who had been considering naturalisation, but had not done so yet, applied just to be on the safe side. Or then perhaps the government wishes to scrutinise the applications more thoroughly.

But yes there's a clear slowdown in the approval process. For example the earlier batch had their fees taken within 2-5 days. Now it takes 3 weeks ...
Hi,
What is the June 2011 change. I have not heard of anything. Please advise me if I have missed any news or updates. I am already qualified for naturalisation and just waiting for my wife to qualify so that we can apply together. Please can somebody advise.
Thanks.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:47 am

amreenmalik wrote:
hmw wrote:Perhaps a simpler answer could be that in June 2011, lot more applications were received and hence, processing slowed down considerably. It could be that people, wary of the June 2011 changes being re-instated at some point in time, applied as soon as they were eligible. And the others who had been considering naturalisation, but had not done so yet, applied just to be on the safe side. Or then perhaps the government wishes to scrutinise the applications more thoroughly.

But yes there's a clear slowdown in the approval process. For example the earlier batch had their fees taken within 2-5 days. Now it takes 3 weeks ...
Hi,
What is the June 2011 change. I have not heard of anything. Please advise me if I have missed any news or updates. I am already qualified for naturalisation and just waiting for my wife to qualify so that we can apply together. Please can somebody advise.
Thanks.
it supposed to be in july 2011 but the new govt. not implementing the new laws. its likely not be untill atleast a year so. when your wife qualifying?.
NAZIA XX

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:29 pm

Today i have exactly two mounth now since then i have sent my application. :( . still hoping for the best for all who waiting.
NAZIA XX

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:58 pm

Nazia88 wrote:Today i have exactly two mounth now since then i have sent my application. :( . still hoping for the best for all who waiting.
And for me its almost 2.5 months...so 3.5 months to go...almost half way throguh...not bad :D

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:01 pm

rnr79 wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:Today i have exactly two mounth now since then i have sent my application. :( . still hoping for the best for all who waiting.
And for me its almost 2.5 months...so 3.5 months to go...almost half way throguh...not bad :D
yeah this is the tention qualified period lol
NAZIA XX

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:14 pm

vipul1981...any letter today mate?

pkalluri
Newly Registered

Post by pkalluri » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:15 pm

For me its nearly 3 months and have got to wait for another 3 months before six month deadline kicks in.I stick to calling 4th of each month from now on ,so eight more working days to go before i call them.I am prepared to listen to their new story
a. Awaiting caseworker
b. Allotted to caseworker.
c. Last stages of application.
d. decision made.
e. under consideration.
f. Decision posted.
g.security checks still ongoing.

The reply might be one of the above.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:18 pm

pkalluri wrote:For me its nearly 3 months and have got to wait for another 3 months before six month deadline kicks in.I stick to calling 4th of each month from now on ,so eight more working days to go before i call them.I am prepared to listen to their new story
a. Awaiting caseworker
b. Allotted to caseworker.
c. Last stages of application.
d. decision made.
e. under consideration.
f. Decision posted.
g.security checks still ongoing.

The reply might be one of the above.
why 4rth of the each mouth any reason .
NAZIA XX

pkalluri
Newly Registered

Post by pkalluri » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:20 pm

I applied on 4th of May 2011, I would know what progress they made each month,if they are helpful on the call.