ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:22 pm

pkalluri wrote:I applied on 4th of May 2011, I would know what progress they made each month,if they are helpful on the call.
ok but i have red many post that applicant call to HO and got told awaiting for allowcation and next day they have recieved their approval so its hard to understand what progress they made in each mounth coz few applicant recivied their approval insted ack letter. mean so quick
NAZIA XX

pkalluri
Newly Registered

Post by pkalluri » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:29 pm

I applied through NCS manchester on 4th May and they give me tracking reference which when tracked Royal Mail website says come back later for a week.I called back NCS to know if they did send my application and they gave a new reference for tracking.The new number said delivered on 05/05.

Wish the same happens with me ,I call them on 4th Aug and being said under consideration and on 5th I receive the decision.Maybe i could be part of that bandwagon who receive decision after they called UKBA.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:30 pm

pkalluri wrote:For me its nearly 3 months and have got to wait for another 3 months before six month deadline kicks in.I stick to calling 4th of each month from now on ,so eight more working days to go before i call them.I am prepared to listen to their new story
a. Awaiting caseworker
b. Allotted to caseworker.
c. Last stages of application.
d. decision made.
e. under consideration.
f. Decision posted.
g.security checks still ongoing.

The reply might be one of the above.
I think there are a couple of more to add to the list :

- Awaiting consideration
- Going through initail checks (I think they say this is different than security checks)

and as i said a friend of mine was told the status 'Awaiting information from HO'

raja_no_1

Post by raja_no_1 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:08 pm

a. Awaiting caseworker
d. decision made.
e. under consideration.
f. Decision posted.
g. security checks still ongoing.

Is the above in order...They last told me my status is "Last stages of application."

can it go to " under consideration." after this state?

how much time does it take to go from ""Last stages of application." to the decision made ??

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:31 pm

raja_no_1 wrote:a. Awaiting caseworker
d. decision made.
e. under consideration.
f. Decision posted.
g. security checks still ongoing.

Is the above in order...They last told me my status is "Last stages of application."

can it go to " under consideration." after this state?

how much time does it take to go from ""Last stages of application." to the decision made ??
Mate based on the posts of this forum and also from my calls to UKBA...there is no order..they can go from any status to any other...depending upon what the call advisor want to say :wink:

pkalluri
Newly Registered

Post by pkalluri » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:32 pm

It was a random order and collatted based on the responses from my personal experience and other forum members from UKBA to a list.
I dont know about how long it takes for a decision to be made from "Last stages of application" .But i would say 2 weeks max.If it goes beyond that i would imagine that you were given duff response by call centre staff.Your approval will be in your box soon.

cogunde

Post by cogunde » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:10 pm

vipul1981 wrote:Nothing today either. Looks like mine is lost in post. Might have to ask them to send again.

When does the council send letter for ceremony?
Vipul1981, I didn't get a letter from the council. I received the UKBA approval letter asking me to call the coucil to fix a date for the citizenship ceremony. my guess is that once you do that, the council will send you an invitation letter. Not sure if anyone has had a different experience though.

cogunde

Post by cogunde » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:13 pm

rnr79 wrote:
vipul1981 wrote:Nothing today either. Looks like mine is lost in post. Might have to ask them to send again.

Hello vipul1981...i am not sure but vaguely remember that some people contacted council to see if they have received certificate from UKBA and i think they went for ceremony before they received approval letter....so may be worth calling UKBA and tell them that you havent received decision letter yet and see if they can give you the reference number on letter and if you can use that to book ceremony (?)

but you cant trust post office service either...there were couple of instances where i received letter 2-3 weeks after they were sent...(where generally it takes mostly 5 days).....so your letter may still arrive at least by next week
rnr79, the council would not agree for you to attend a ceremony without the UKBA invitation letter. That's what I found out when I called the council. Otherwise, someone can show up and collect your certificate?

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:18 pm

cogunde wrote:

Vipul1981, I didn't get a letter from the council. I received the UKBA approval letter asking me to call the coucil to fix a date for the citizenship ceremony. my guess is that once you do that, the council will send you an invitation letter. Not sure if anyone has had a different experience though.
Mine was the same. I had the letter from UKBA in a brown envelope writing the application is an approval and I need to contact my council for the ceremony. Isn't that the same for all? I guess after the ceremony you get the certificate which has to be sent off with your passport application.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:47 pm

is that same ref number as on ack letter for invitation or its different ref number for invitation.
NAZIA XX

cogunde

Post by cogunde » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:04 pm

Nazia88 wrote:is that same ref number as on ack letter for invitation or its different ref number for invitation.
Same number, although there are also two other numbers (Poll/Cover numbers) which the council can ask for. When I called to book my ceremony on Friday, they didn't ask for any numbers though. However, when I had my private ceremony yesterday, they insisted on seeing the approval letter from the home office before we commenced the formalities.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:14 pm

[quote="cogunde"][quote="Nazia88"]
two other numbers (Poll/Cover numbers) which the council can ask for. quote]

was those two number on the approval letter or on invitation letter
NAZIA XX

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:54 pm

Nothing today folks

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:18 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
cogunde wrote:
Nazia88 wrote: two other numbers (Poll/Cover numbers) which the council can ask for. quote]

was those two number on the approval letter or on invitation letter
approval

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:20 pm

vipul1981 wrote:Nothing today folks
Shit!! but you haven't got long till you call and ask for a re-issue. You can ask if they can send it as a spl delivery.
The other thing you can do in the meantime is contact your council to book your ceremony. They didn't ask me any ref or documents whilst booking.

Keep us posted!

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:40 pm

1664 wrote:
vipul1981 wrote:Nothing today folks
Shit!! but you haven't got long till you call and ask for a re-issue. You can ask if they can send it as a spl delivery.
The other thing you can do in the meantime is contact your council to book your ceremony. They didn't ask me any ref or documents whilst booking.

Keep us posted!
when is your cermony which council and plus what did you said to them when you booked your cermony how did they know that you are the person who got an approval....did they have your certificate in. thanks
NAZIA XX

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:42 pm

Mate I tried with council. They need some Ref no from HO letter.

I m going to wait till Tom post and if nothing (which I don't think will be) , I m going to ask them on Thursday to reissue the letter. I will try for special del, if they agree. I doubt though. Any ways can't do much.

Thanks guys

CheerfulBelle
Newly Registered

Post by CheerfulBelle » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:57 pm

For those who are getting different answers each time they call UKBA, I have a feeling they would rather people did not call them.

Naturally people give up if they are not getting what they want :wink:.

pkalluri
Newly Registered

Post by pkalluri » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:01 pm

I wouldn't give up,I stick to my plan of calling once a month.It would relieve my anxiety.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:12 pm

pkalluri wrote:I wouldn't give up,I stick to my plan of calling once a month.It would relieve my anxiety.
i bet and hope you wouldnt need to call once a mounth coz you are getting your approval before next call so goodluck to you x
NAZIA XX

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:26 pm

pkalluri wrote:I wouldn't give up,I stick to my plan of calling once a month.It would relieve my anxiety.
I like this idea really, calling once a month...i hope you will stop worrying rather i wish you get your approval very soon and so all of us who are waiting :)

pkalluri
Newly Registered

Post by pkalluri » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:22 am

Hi rnr79,Nazia88

I wish you receive your approvals soon.I know it would sound silly how we kept thinking over the period of naturalisation and did nothing than thinking of approval.You might laugh off after 6 months or a year over how stressed you were at this period thinking of speedy decision.

I have got 7 more days before i make a call to UKBA.Anyway i go home for lunch and i check post in the afternoon.Any news would update straightaway.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:36 am

Hi guys..does any know if you need to tell HO about change of employment.
I am going to start a new job from monday, When i called HO 2-3 times i asked about this but i got different answer I was told twice that this is not needed and one of the advisor told that i have to send a letter to HO regarding this change.

I dont know what to do...i cant find any info on UKBA website...Would it just be better if i send a letter to UKBA next week after i join the new company?

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:00 am

rnr79 wrote:Hi guys..does any know if you need to tell HO about change of employment.
I am going to start a new job from monday, When i called HO 2-3 times i asked about this but i got different answer I was told twice that this is not needed and one of the advisor told that i have to send a letter to HO regarding this change.

I dont know what to do...i cant find any info on UKBA website...Would it just be better if i send a letter to UKBA next week after i join the new company?
Best to send them a copy. Just in case!

amreenmalik

Post by amreenmalik » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:00 am

Nazia88 wrote:
amreenmalik wrote:
hmw wrote:Perhaps a simpler answer could be that in June 2011, lot more applications were received and hence, processing slowed down considerably. It could be that people, wary of the June 2011 changes being re-instated at some point in time, applied as soon as they were eligible. And the others who had been considering naturalisation, but had not done so yet, applied just to be on the safe side. Or then perhaps the government wishes to scrutinise the applications more thoroughly.

But yes there's a clear slowdown in the approval process. For example the earlier batch had their fees taken within 2-5 days. Now it takes 3 weeks ...
Hi,
What is the June 2011 change. I have not heard of anything. Please advise me if I have missed any news or updates. I am already qualified for naturalisation and just waiting for my wife to qualify so that we can apply together. Please can somebody advise.
Thanks.
it supposed to be in july 2011 but the new govt. not implementing the new laws. its likely not be untill atleast a year so. when your wife qualifying?.
Ok. You mean the earned citizenship thingy.

I have to wait for another 2 months for my wife to qualify so that we can apply together and save some money.

Thanks.