ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I Study with a Post-Study Visa while doing Intern-ship?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

6pandn21
Nepal

Can I Study with a Post-Study Visa while doing Intern-ship?

Post by 6pandn21 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:03 pm

Hello everyone,

I am currently on PSW visa from February. I was offered an internship with a possibility to do a masters course as well. So will I need to change anything on my visa to do both intership and masters at the same time? The visa will easily cover the period of masters and internship. Thank you.

6pandn21

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:52 pm

you can do whatever you like while on psw....

if your course ends AFTER psw expires, then its probably a good idea to switch to tier 4 now.

cheers

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:59 pm

arsenal49 wrote:you can do whatever you like while on psw....

if your course ends AFTER psw expires, then its probably a good idea to switch to tier 4 now.

cheers
The op was only issued the psw visa in February so its probably not a good idea to switch back to tier 4 now.

6pandn21
Nepal

Post by 6pandn21 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:52 am

Hello guys,

Thanks for the quick reply. My course ends if I start on next September/January depending on when I start and my visa ends on February 2013. So I think I am good. Thanks anyway. Is there a solved button here somewhere?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:23 pm

no solve button..... not on this forum :P

a7787
Newly Registered

studying full time on the psw?

Post by a7787 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:43 pm

Hi all,

I need a little advice. I am in the same boat as 6pandn21. I have just received my psw in Feb 2011 and it expires in Feb 2013. I am currently doing an voluntary (unpaid) internship which ends this August. I am fully funded by my parents.

I have also been offered a place to do a full-time professional qualification's course that starts in September and ends in June. I intend to work part-time or extend my stint with my current internship program (which I have been offered) while studying full time.

Is this possible? What are the risks involved if I do this?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Re: studying full time on the psw?

Post by Greenie » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:57 pm

a7787 wrote:Hi all,

I need a little advice. I am in the same boat as 6pandn21. I have just received my psw in Feb 2011 and it expires in Feb 2013. I am currently doing an voluntary (unpaid) internship which ends this August. I am fully funded by my parents.

I have also been offered a place to do a full-time professional qualification's course that starts in September and ends in June. I intend to work part-time or extend my stint with my current internship program (which I have been offered) while studying full time.

Is this possible? What are the risks involved if I do this?
Yes it is possible. The main risk is that you are leaving yourself less time to secure paid employment to be able to switch into tier 2 at the end of your psw if this is your intention. However presumably you are taking a professional course because you think it will increase your prospects of employment.

a7787
Newly Registered

Post by a7787 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:47 pm

Thank you for the quick reply. It was very helpful. Just for further information, I spoke to the university and they said that if I am doing this, when asked at immigration, after traveling abroad, I need to say that I am working or interning etc as the visa is for that purpose. If my main reason for entry and stay in the UK is for full time education, but I am on the psw, then that might be a problem. So since I will be doing both, I'm going to assume that I am eligible for the first answer when asked at immigration.