ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kittykat

Post by kittykat » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:05 pm

This might be quite a stupid question, but do we have any idea of roughly how many ILR applications the Border Agency processes at a time (e.g. per week)? Perhaps this information could be obtained through FOI?

Ana_W
Newly Registered

Post by Ana_W » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:48 pm

ANZ wrote:12 weeks today... :shock:
I cann't think about anything else. All my plans ruined. This waiting drives me mad! :twisted:
Exactly. I feel like I'm in Groundhog Day film, and only receiving my passport back can help things to move on...

New_ILR_Reading
Newly Registered

Joined 12th week waiting club !!!

Post by New_ILR_Reading » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:45 am

Today I have joined 12th week waiting club....during this wait I lost 4 job offers :x , could not go for a vacation (as promised to wife) :(

On top of all these I have to deal with frustration, torture, negative thoughts...etc

Since yesterday I have stopped checking airfare (I used to check airfare atleast 10 times a day and used to make numerous plans with an assumption that "what if I receive passport today") and I gave up all hopes now.... :cry:

Last week there was a situation where i was supposed to make an emergency overseas trip to attend my relative who has been hospitalized....luckily he has started recovering now (which is quite a relief)..... :|

Any body planning to apply for ILR (new application) my advice is "PLEASE GO THROUGH PREMIUM SERVICE"

tommyjo
Newly Registered

Post by tommyjo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:28 am

8 weeks today...

I'm british and my wife has applied for ILR. they have my passport as well as hers - but i need it back to travel on business in 2 weeks (unexpected!)

Anyone know if it can be returned? - I'm going to ask my MP to pressure aswell if needed

Ana_W
Newly Registered

Post by Ana_W » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:46 am

tommyjo wrote:8 weeks today...

I'm british and my wife has applied for ILR. they have my passport as well as hers - but i need it back to travel on business in 2 weeks (unexpected!)

Anyone know if it can be returned? - I'm going to ask my MP to pressure aswell if needed
Call the phone number from your ack letter, I believe it the same with me 08706067766. This is the main number as well. Request your documents back.
My husband is British as you, he needs his passport URGENTLY for business trip. When he called they answer he'll get his passport within 15!!!! working days. These 15 days are almost gone now, no passport back yet!
When you call them they need: applicant's full name, Specially delivery number (if you posted it with special delivery), the date when you posted it and reference number from ack letter.
Good luck!
Maybe they'll be more efficient in your case.

New_ILR_Reading
Newly Registered

ILR Application got Rejected

Post by New_ILR_Reading » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:00 pm

Guys,

My ILR Application got Rejected --- long story short....

Today my solicitor told that application has got rejected and received by post yesterday...(i almost had an heard attack) :shock:

Reason given by UKBA is insufficient fund....but my solicitor argument is they have sufficient funds in there account :?

So i asked how much time would they need to go for premium service...they told "we can apply it tommorow" (they had an applicant who cancelled premium appointment at the last minute)

I did provide them additional documents (like latest copy of payslips/new employee letter...etc)

A personal from my solicitor office will go to cryodon to submit my application through premium appointment and i will have an update on the outcome by noon tommorow....

Bit relieved now since i am reapplying through premium service and curious about the tommorows outcome :?:

I think all ILR Set (o) work permit applicants ...will soon hear from UKBA in next 2 weeks....

lamzat
Newly Registered

Post by lamzat » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:50 pm

I think its wrong for us to submit our applications and give holiday or travel reasons for our eagerness to have our passports back. We know the Homeoffice and its agelong delay. It is clearly stated that none should make any travel plans during the processing stages. I support the follow up after 14 weeks but earlier to me is due to anxiety and holds no water.

Ana_W
Newly Registered

Post by Ana_W » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:24 pm

God bless you, lamzat! :)
Patience is a virtue.

hellog123

Re: ILR Application got Rejected

Post by hellog123 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:43 am

New_ILR_Reading wrote:Guys,

My ILR Application got Rejected --- long story short....

Today my solicitor told that application has got rejected and received by post yesterday...(i almost had an heard attack) :shock:

Reason given by UKBA is insufficient fund....but my solicitor argument is they have sufficient funds in there account :?

So i asked how much time would they need to go for premium service...they told "we can apply it tommorow" (they had an applicant who cancelled premium appointment at the last minute)

I did provide them additional documents (like latest copy of payslips/new employee letter...etc)

A personal from my solicitor office will go to cryodon to submit my application through premium appointment and i will have an update on the outcome by noon tommorow....

Bit relieved now since i am reapplying through premium service and curious about the tommorows outcome :?:

I think all ILR Set (o) work permit applicants ...will soon hear from UKBA in next 2 weeks....
All the best for ur application again..But my question to you is , are you still eligible to apply through public appointment as ur current leave to remain might have expired? dont you reckon that can be a issue.

Ana_W
Newly Registered

Post by Ana_W » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:18 pm

HURRAY!!!!
I've got it finaly!

Straight forward SET(M) application.
Apllied on-line - 27th of April
Money taken - 27th of April
Posted special delivery - 3rd of May
They've got it - 4th of May
Ack letter dated - 11th of May
ILR stamped - 13th of July
ILR received - 29th of July

So 12 weeks and 3 days from the day I posted it.

So relieved and happy now.
I wish a very good luck and a lot of patience to everyone who's still waiting. Hope you'll get it very soon!!!!

Alisabrittany
Newly Registered

Post by Alisabrittany » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:08 pm

CONGRATS ANA!!!!!! YIPPPYYYYYY

Hay

Post by Hay » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:40 pm

Congrats Anna:)))

demsol
Newly Registered

Post by demsol » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:01 pm

Congratulations!!!

Hauzen
Newly Registered

Post by Hauzen » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:46 pm

Congratulations Ana_W!

Yesterday was the 14 week mark from when we submitted my wife's application so I called up this morning - had originally called on Wednesday and was effectively told 'computer says no' to providing information even a day before the 14 week period and the likelihood was computer would still say no if I phoned on the exact date 14 weeks had passed.

The woman was polite enough regarding my query today but didn't say anything other than what I had expected having read peoples' posts on here. She said "the application is not yet completed", "it is with a caseworker", "UKBA will contact you when it is finished" and "UKBA aims to complete 95% of applications within six months". I did push for further details but she couldn't give much in the way of specifics.

Back to waiting then...

learningzone
Newly Registered

Post by learningzone » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:28 pm

I am completing 13 weeks of ordeal by tomorrow and next week would be 14th week. I thought of giving a try to phone up and enquire, I did last week, but the lady over the phone straight away asked me the date the application received by UKBA, it wasnt 14 weeks by then, she said sorry, we cannot give you the status quoting that minimum of 14 weeks of processing time is needed for them to track any application. Keeping fingers crossed. Anyone with different response , when called their number, may please give their response. Mine is WP+HSMP+Tier1 case with SET(O) application sent

Ana_W
Newly Registered

Post by Ana_W » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:13 pm

Thanks, guys. :)
Hauzen wrote:Congratulations Ana_W!

Yesterday was the 14 week mark from when we submitted my wife's application so I called up this morning - had originally called on Wednesday and was effectively told 'computer says no' to providing information even a day before the 14 week period and the likelihood was computer would still say no if I phoned on the exact date 14 weeks had passed.

The woman was polite enough regarding my query today but didn't say anything other than what I had expected having read peoples' posts on here. She said "the application is not yet completed", "it is with a caseworker", "UKBA will contact you when it is finished" and "UKBA aims to complete 95% of applications within six months". I did push for further details but she couldn't give much in the way of specifics.

Back to waiting then...
Has you wife applied as a wife of British citizen? I mean SET(M)?
I can't be sure, but I do suspect, that my husband's request of his passport back made them to pick up my case and have a look what's inside. My ILR stamped 13th of July, the call from my husband was on 12th, the day before. Maybe coincidence, maybe not...

And yes, I received it 16 days after ILR already been stamped. This 2 last weeks was the most difficult. If only I knew what's going on with my application, I wouldn't be so anxious. Why can't we track our application?

Nat000
Newly Registered

Post by Nat000 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:12 pm

Hmmmmm....... Maybe i should get my partner to ask for his passport back as well!!!!

tunde10

Post by tunde10 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:38 am

i got a reply from home office today but unfortunately it was for a invalid application i made two weeks prior to filling the correct form. I am so annoyed as i explained in the new application, yet they still took 12weeks to say it was invalid and send my documents back.
Now i am likely to be waiting another month after posting my passport again.

Joy!

vickivickii

Post by vickivickii » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:31 pm

FINALLY after almost 6 months, I called today and they told me Adriatik has been granted his ILR and we should receive our documents in a week.

Here's my timeline...

Early February 2011 - sent documents
Payment taken the next day
No acknowlegement ever received
1st August 2011 - called and confirmed ILR was granted

It's a Set M straight forward application and just took forever. I sent them a fax asking them to put it as urgent about 2 weeks ago.

Soooooo relieved because I was starting to panic!

chintaalfa
Newly Registered

Quota system to fit targets

Post by chintaalfa » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:57 pm

It looks like they are slowing down the process to reduce the number of ILRs in the short term

Havent seen anything after May 20th being released

Once the quota for a month is up they start releasing rejected applications as they wouldnt mess their number of ILRs being granted

So towards the end we could see a lots of applications being released just before 6 months is up

vickivickii

Post by vickivickii » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:03 pm

They told me it's been slowed up due to the influx of applications before the changes in April. Also they moved offices apparently...

demsol
Newly Registered

Post by demsol » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:20 pm

''They told me it's been slowed up due to the influx of applications before the changes in April. Also they moved offices apparently...''

Thanks for your post, Vicki. I was just wondering what they meant by 'influx of applications'.

This is not like citizenship application where people who have had their ILR for several years could quickly/suddenly change their mind to file in for citizenship following some rule change, is it?

I thought the HO ought to have some stats of the visas issued out and a fair knowledge of prospective ILR applicants who according to their rule may only apply within 28 days of their existing visa expiry. May be we can call it lack of awareness on their part really.

tommyjo
Newly Registered

Re: Quota system to fit targets

Post by tommyjo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:34 pm

chintaalfa wrote:It looks like they are slowing down the process to reduce the number of ILRs in the short term

Havent seen anything after May 20th being released

Once the quota for a month is up they start releasing rejected applications as they wouldnt mess their number of ILRs being granted

So towards the end we could see a lots of applications being released just before 6 months is up
Are you suggesting that they are deliberately holding up applications?! If you've got any insider knowledge of this i'd really appreciate a PM about it?

chintaalfa
Newly Registered

Re: Quota system to fit targets

Post by chintaalfa » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:16 pm

its just joining the dots back to see if it looks like they are following a strategy

tier1 they are doing the processing at the most in 4 weeks

same day applications are dealt with promptly as they need the extra cash

the only souls who can be made to wait are the postal applications

they changed the time from 6 weeks to six months from april this year

Hauzen
Newly Registered

Post by Hauzen » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:30 pm

I don't know whether having this forum to check information on is a blessing or a curse - it's a great source of information and updates, but at the same time it's frustrating to read that others are receiving their ILRs in much shorter timescales than we've been waiting for (14 weeks +)!

Ah well, back to waiting for the postie's knock again tomorrow (and the next day, and the day after that)...