ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS Refused my naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jamil05

NCS Refused my naturalisation application

Post by jamil05 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm

I had an appointment this afternoon for my naturalisation. I had my indefinite leave last year outside immigration rules after being an asylum seaker since 2001. The lady at NCS said i need to bring proof that i was here from 5 years back. The proof she want is home office stamp when i entered UK, proof of address from all my residences. Im unemployed so i have no P60 and the like. The proof i have is from last year when i was granted status. Old passport was lost by the home office. So basically i have no proof whatsoever dating back 5 years. She told me that she wont send my application without these and advised that instead i can send myself directly. My question is whats the way forward here?

Nazia88

Re: NCS Refused my naturalisation application

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:00 pm

jamil05 wrote:I had an appointment this afternoon for my naturalisation. I had my indefinite leave last year outside immigration rules after being an asylum seaker since 2001. The lady at NCS said i need to bring proof that i was here from 5 years back. The proof she want is home office stamp when i entered UK, proof of address from all my residences. Im unemployed so i have no P60 and the like. The proof i have is from last year when i was granted status. Old passport was lost by the home office. So basically i have no proof whatsoever dating back 5 years. She told me that she wont send my application without these and advised that instead i can send myself directly. My question is whats the way forward here?
you can apply by post or contact to the lawyer for more complex detail if you have one but i think should not be any probl you can aslo write a cover letter explaining everything to them. for sure you can apply now because you have granted ILR outside immigration rules.
NAZIA XX

jamil05

Re: NCS Refused my naturalisation application

Post by jamil05 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:31 am

I didnt want to spend a penny on lawyers. I have no proof at all dating back to 5 years. The lady said they dont accept utility bills as proof and thats the one i have from 6 years ago
Last edited by jamil05 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:08 am

Have you been registered to a NHS clinic? Have you made regular visits there? The HO might accept a letter from your GP confirming regular visits.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:04 am

I think you do not need to worry. HO has granted you ILR last year and they must have all the record for you.

The best option for you is to apply directly. I can understand why NCS refused. They did not have any info (which HO has) and they did not want to pass you application to HO.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:43 pm

Sky_High wrote:I think you do not need to worry. HO has granted you ILR last year and they must have all the record for you.

The best option for you is to apply directly. I can understand why NCS refused. They did not have any info (which HO has) and they did not want to pass you application to HO.
I second that.

Apply via post.

winber

Post by winber » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:27 pm

Just to jump in with my own experience with Check and Send for Naturalisation.

I was in the North of England last week and tried to make an appointment to use a check and send service up there. However they refused to see me on the basis that I didn't have 5 years worth of P60's with me, or a letter from my employer confirming 5 years employment.

I didn't see any mention of this on the application form, I had passports with me covering the 5 year period. It seems to me that C&S make up their own rules sometimes.