ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Interview

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:41 am

ariesnr wrote:Hi all,

Finally received my British passport today afternoon... And finally ends my journey which began in 2003.thanks to all the members and the board for the invaluable advice and guidance.
Many thanks to all

Cheers
Congrats ariesnr

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:41 am

forwardever - keep us updated.

Good Luck

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:52 am

1664 wrote:forwardever - keep us updated.

Good Luck

sure will do i bet u cant wait to attend the ceremony and move on to the next stage lol

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

forwardever wrote:

Good Luck

sure will do i bet u cant wait to attend the ceremony and move on to the next stage lol
you are right - I just wanted to get it done and over with!

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:22 pm

Big thanks to you JAMBO.....jus called IPS and was told that my document was sent out today and i asked for the ref number and booked an appointment for tomorrow at birmingham..thanks

Erun

Post by Erun » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:27 pm

Will they let you attend without the interview letter?

I just put my application in and was wondering how to track...so that phone number is the only way? I had been hoping for some sort of online tracking thing. :P I guess I'll wait two weeks before calling. :P

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:11 pm

You should be OK to attend the interview. All that you need is the reference number. You prove your identity by answering questions in the interview not by providing a letter ;-)

There is a system you can ask about the status of your application and the IPS respond by email within a day. However, it is simpler just to phone them.
For the online system: click here

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:24 pm

Erun wrote:Will they let you attend without the interview letter?

I just put my application in and was wondering how to track...so that phone number is the only way? I had been hoping for some sort of online tracking thing. :P I guess I'll wait two weeks before calling. :P
if u jus send ur app i reckon u wait for atleast 7 to 10days before callin them

Erun

Post by Erun » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:46 pm

Yeah I just applied yesterday. I just want to know how quickly the application is going to get there so I can have an idea of when I might get my letter.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:10 pm

Approximately 2 wks for you get a ref number on phone, letter may reach about 4 days later.

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:12 pm

1664 wrote:
forwardever wrote:

Good Luck

you are right - I just wanted to get it done and over with!

mate going for appointment soon will update when im back...

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:11 pm

thanks forwardever

Good Luck

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:06 pm

1664 wrote:thanks forwardever

Good Luck
went for interview at 3:15 today , everything went smooth interview took less than 15mins and its normal questions which only u as the applicant should knw...like ur name dob where u live who counter sign ur app how many bank account do u have mother and fathers name etc...cheers

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:25 pm

forwardever wrote:

Good Luck
went for interview at 3:15 today , everything went smooth interview took less than 15mins and its normal questions which only u as the applicant should knw...like ur name dob where u live who counter sign ur app how many bank account do u have mother and fathers name etc...cheers
Well done forwardever...congrats mate..you are almost there!

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:29 pm

1664 wrote:
forwardever wrote:

Good Luck
yea man im excited it will be over soon maybe tomorrow or saturday my journey to brit passport will finally be OVER...when is ur ceremony????

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:23 pm

forwardever wrote:
1664 wrote:
forwardever wrote:

Good Luck
yea man im excited it will be over soon maybe tomorrow or saturday my journey to brit passport will finally be OVER...when is ur ceremony????
my ceremony is on 11th next thursday. I then have to get my passport application countersigned and send it off!

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:28 pm

1664 wrote:
forwardever wrote:
1664 wrote:
forwardever wrote:
my ceremony is on 11th next thursday. I then have to get my passport application countersigned and send it off!
i wuld reckon u go get a form at the post office get someone to counter sign it fill it out and wait till thursday to get ur certificate and fill in cert number and send it out immidiately after naturalization...thats excertly what i did

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:22 pm

i wuld reckon u go get a form at the post office get someone to counter sign it fill it out and wait till thursday to get ur certificate and fill in cert number and send it out immidiately after naturalization...thats excertly what i did
As mentioned earlier by me and others, certifying before actual naturalisation is fraught with risk and you can be caught out ! Avoidable, do it after the ceremony!

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:35 am

gidoc wrote:
As mentioned earlier by me and others, certifying before actual naturalisation is fraught with risk and you can be caught out ! Avoidable, do it after the ceremony!

I totally disagree with you mate.i got my form filled even before i got my approval letter counter signed it as soon as i got my approval letter and booked an appointment for ceremony...ceremony date was on 21/07/11 got my friend to sign and dated my app on the 7/7/11 i completed the form signed and dated it 20/7/11 after ceremony i fill in my cert number and date 21/7/11 so basically my application had 3defferent date...im 100% sure that The date is not a problem atall n has no impact on ur app as long as its filled out correctly and submitted after u r naturalized...i went for interview on the 4th of august and was clearly told after interview that i will recieve my passport in 4wrkin days and if i dont get it within 2weeks i shuld call the number on my interview letter so tell me how is dating ur application before naturalization a fraught with risk???? How do u know it risk n u can be caught out if u havent done it before.?what i adviced 1664 to do was excertly what i did wouldnt advice him if i wasnt sure....

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:39 am

I totally disagree with you mate.i got my form filled even before i got my approval letter counter signed it as soon as i got my approval letter and booked an appointment for ceremony...ceremony date was on 21/07/11 got my friend to sign and dated my app on the 7/7/11 i completed the form signed and dated it 20/7/11 after ceremony i fill in my cert number and date 21/7/11 so basically my application had 3defferent date...im 100% sure that The date is not a problem atall n has no impact on ur app as long as its filled out correctly and submitted after u r naturalized...i went for interview on the 4th of august and was clearly told after interview that i will recieve my passport in 4wrkin days and if i dont get it within 2weeks i shuld call the number on my interview letter so tell me how is dating ur application before naturalization a fraught with risk???? How do u know it risk n u can be caught out if u havent done it before.?what i adviced 1664 to do was excertly what i did wouldnt advice him if i wasnt sure....
Well done if it works for you, however wrong advice.
I know a person, who was like your friend, and signed the form earlier; was called by the IPS and reprimanded with advise that he will be black listed for such matters if it happened again; good luck to you anyway but as I wrote earlier do not give wrong advice as this is a public forum, thanks

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:49 am

hi Guys

I get the individual concerns and comments you both have made.
What I plan to do it fill in and sign the form and get it countersigned after the ceremony and send it off the same day.

Will keep you guys posted. Thanks again to you both for the advice.

Erun

Post by Erun » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:53 am

How could he be blacklisted from holding a passport for the country he's a citizen of? And how did they know he postdated the form?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:11 am

Erun wrote:How could he be blacklisted from holding a passport for the country he's a citizen of? And how did they know he postdated the form?
He would not be blacklist from holding a passport but from countersigning passports applications.
He did not postdated the form. He signed with the actual date which was before the date on the naturalisation certificate.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:29 am

He would not be blacklist from holding a passport but from countersigning passports applications.
He did not postdated the form. He signed with the actual date which was before the date on the naturalisation certificate.
Correct

Also I know an incident where the candidate filled the form himself and the referee only signed it (which was before the form was filled), again caught out due to handwriting.

Hence my advise, to do it correctly, as 1664 has planned

Erun

Post by Erun » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:46 am

Ah, I understand now.

So is there a problem with postdating? Because that's what my referree did for me as I wanted to get my application in ASAP.