ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of application,how long?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

worldyus
Newly Registered

Certificate of application,how long?

Post by worldyus » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:51 pm

How long does it take to receive certificate of applicaion from the home office after submitting application for eea2.i sent my documents 2 weeks ago

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Certificate of application,how long?

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:57 pm

worldyus wrote:How long does it take to receive certificate of applicaion from the home office after submitting application for eea2.i sent my documents 2 weeks ago
A long time! Search and ye shall find, I think some have waited 18 months and are still waiting.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

kashijee
Newly Registered

Post by kashijee » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:20 am

same situation with me i have applied for RC EEA2 on 19th JAn 2010 and no reply from HO .

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:38 pm

I applied for an EEA2 on 7th Jan 2010. I gave the HO a week to send me a COA, but after a week passed, and I didn't receive anything, I complained to them, quoting the 2006 Immigration Rules. The next day, I received the COA, and about 4 days later, I received an apology letter with a second COA enclosed in the envelope :)

Might be worth your while complaining... the squeaky wheel gets the oil ;)

leoo
Newly Registered

Post by leoo » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:36 am

@doesnotcompute

It's sooooo frustrating to deal with them

Can u plz tell us bit more what did u exactly told them
" I complained to them, quoting the 2006 Immigration Rules."

waqaspk
Newly Registered

hi

Post by waqaspk » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:06 pm

hi leo, when did you applied for eea2?

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:44 pm

leoo wrote:@doesnotcompute

the 2006 immigration rules state that they are obliged to issue a certificate of application immediately after they receive your application. I quoted the relevant part of the legislation.

waqaspk
Newly Registered

hi

Post by waqaspk » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:12 pm

Hi,

first of all thank you very much to all of you for sharing useful information and updates regarding EEA2. Today i got my certificate of application I applied on 26th of january and today 10 feburary i got my certificate of application . i do send a complaint thorugh email yesterday but i think they typed my letter on 6th of feburary which is fast and fair. hope the processing is fast now atleast they issuing COA on time . Goodluck to all of you

thank you very much

basel_jaber
Newly Registered

Re: hi

Post by basel_jaber » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:08 pm

waqaspk wrote:Hi,

first of all thank you very much to all of you for sharing useful information and updates regarding EEA2. Today i got my certificate of application I applied on 26th of january and today 10 feburary i got my certificate of application . i do send a complaint thorugh email yesterday but i think they typed my letter on 6th of feburary which is fast and fair. hope the processing is fast now atleast they issuing COA on time . Goodluck to all of you

thank you very much
Does your COA say that you can work?

thanks

waqaspk
Newly Registered

hi

Post by waqaspk » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:23 pm

hi yes my coa state that i can work and live until my application decided. Thank you

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:55 pm

Hi All,
I sent out my EEA2 application (extended family member) on the 21st Jan 2010 and I haven't received my COA. I called them on the 11th of Feb and I was told that they have sent it out to me since the 1st of Feb.
I checked all the posts in the house but it wasn't there, I called them again the next day (12th feb 2010) and I was asked to send in a fax message to that effect for them to re-issue it.
I send the fax on the 12th Feb and called on monday and the guy that I spoke with told me that it takes some days for them to link the fax message to my file.
Please I need some advice 'cos this is my second application and I don't want anything to go wrong.
Thanks.

rollingstar
Newly Registered

Post by rollingstar » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:11 am

Last edited by rollingstar on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

rollingstar
Newly Registered

Post by rollingstar » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:14 am

doesnotcompute wrote:
leoo wrote:@doesnotcompute

the 2006 immigration rules state that they are obliged to issue a certificate of application immediately after they receive your application. I quoted the relevant part of the legislation.

Hello every one,
I just applied for EEA2(residence card) on the basis of spouse of Latvian girl who is living in UK for last 3 years and exercising treaty rights and in employment as well. And i am Indian passport holder and came to this country on student visa. My visa is going to expire on November 2011.So its means at the moment i have only left 4months visa left because i applied for residency card on 15 July 2011. My question is that how much is the processing time for me to get the residency card???? Because i read on the Uk border website that they take 6months. I am upset because i have got only 4months left on my current visa What is going happen if they don't solve my case after my current visa limit expires??
And i also have not received "Certificate of Application" which you suppose to get within 1week when you apply for residency card which is acknowledgement letter stating that UK border agency have received your documents and working on your application.
I had attached all the required documents with my application. But i have not received the Acknowledgement letter. I am very upset about this.
Can anybody help me about this. Specially, someone who just got their residency card or have applied for it.
please sort out my problem.

Thanks.

abelicon
Newly Registered

Post by abelicon » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:27 am

COA does not take 1 week but 4 to 6 weeks.If your application is straight foward with all necessary documents you should get your RC within 4 months.

Qman

Post by Qman » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:45 pm

To be honest, you shouldn't expect it so soon. I was looking optimistically at a two week timeframe, but it took just a bit over three weeks to get mine. As for the RC, the COA will state that it can take anything up to 6 months but most of the people on here get theirs just under 4 months... but that is still just a guide, every case is different.

Also, if you sent it by recorded delivery (as you should) you can go online and track your item to see if the HO have received it.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly for you.
Sent PR March 2016
Refused Sept 2016
Appealed to FtT Sept 2016
Refused Nov 2016
Perm to Appeal to Upper Tribunal Nov 2016
Refused Dec 2016
Applied to UT Jan 2017
Appeal heard 29 Apr 2017
New COA 4 May 2017
Overturned 1 June 2017
PR Card issued July 2017

freemind
Newly Registered

Re: hi

Post by freemind » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:39 am

waqaspk wrote:Hi,

thank you very much
Can you please furnish me with the email address used since I submitted for 5 weeks now but i havent received my COA......very frustrating

freemind
Newly Registered

certificate of pplication

Post by freemind » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:47 am

doesnotcompute wrote:I applied for an EEA2 on 7th Jan 2010. I gave the HO a week to send me a COA, but after a week passed, and I didn't receive anything, I complained to them, quoting the 2006 Immigration Rules. The next day, I received the COA, and about 4 days later, I received an apology letter with a second COA enclosed in the envelope :)

Might be worth your while complaining... the squeaky wheel gets the oil ;)
How did you complain? by letter ,email ,phone and can you please give me the numbers and/or addresses please?