ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

daniash

Post by daniash » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:26 pm

rnr... congratulations. Finally!
I am still waiting. My application was received by UKBA on the 10th May.
It can't me much behind.
Who has been waiting longer than me here?

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:45 pm

jamesinderby wrote:Guys, when you contact UKBA and they say "awaiting allocation", did they say "in queue" at all or anything other than a simple "awaiting allocation"? I'm just trying to find a pattern here...
Thank you
mate if you ask me to be honest... i dont think those statuses matter and if they are real at all...i had so many abrupt answers

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:46 pm

daniash wrote:rnr... congratulations. Finally!
I am still waiting. My application was received by UKBA on the 10th May.
It can't me much behind.
thanks daniash....yes finally :D ...but i havent received anything in writing yet...so never know what these guys are upto?

I think your will be very soon sure..

lasam

Post by lasam » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:27 pm

congratulations rnr79 its definitly an aproval good luck
daniash wrote: I am still waiting. My application was received by UKBA on the 10th May.
It can't me much behind.

i applied on 5th of may and i am still waiting :(

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:41 pm

lasam wrote:congratulations rnr79 its definitly an aproval good luck
daniash wrote: I am still waiting. My application was received by UKBA on the 10th May.
It can't me much behind.

i applied on 5th of may and i am still waiting :(
thanks lasam.. i am sure yours is not far either.. jamesinderby wrote in the other timeline section saying that his lawyer said that for some reason refugee applications were given priority and may be the team which was dealing with our application was given the task of refugee applications so we all are delayed....I think its just the matter of somebody touching the application..late afternoon on monday i was told that app is in queue and decision was taken on wed...

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:15 pm

Hi Nazia88...i will always be the same :wink: ...its individul trait isn't it?

Sorry i didnt mean to offend any one but thought its would be good and helpful everyone if we keep two things separate that's it...

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:20 pm

hello vipul1981...have you received your letter yet mate?

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:25 pm

rnr79 wrote:Hi Nazia88...i will always be the same :wink: ...its individul trait isn't it?

Sorry i didnt mean to offend any one but thought its would be good and helpful everyone if we keep two things separate that's it...
i thought since then u heard your application has been decided lol i understand it should be seprate. i have noticed there are many person once they get their cermony done or got their approval they never came back i realy didnt like this things atleast they can come and post comments for others somtimes or wheneve they get time.
NAZIA XX

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:18 pm

Congrat rnr..

flojomojo
Newly Registered

british citizenship

Post by flojomojo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:41 pm

hello to all board members best wishes to anyone waiting for their approval/s. it will come and you must be hopeful. :wink:

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:03 am

Rnr79, no letter for me yet. Might call them again today. It will be 7 working days after todays post since reissue.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:32 am

[quote="vipul1981"]Rnr79, no letter for me yet. Might call them again today. It will be 7 working days after todays post since reissue.[/quote

Good luck vipul mate..keep us updated

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:08 am

I called just now and have been told that duplicate has been sent on 2nd August.
HO is really annoying. Last time I called they said it was sent on 27th July. Can't trust them at all I guess.
Will hopefully receive it next week

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:19 am

vipul1981 wrote:I called just now and have been told that duplicate has been sent on 2nd August.
HO is really annoying. Last time I called they said it was sent on 27th July. Can't trust them at all I guess.
Hi Vipul

U kwow that HO is really annoying and we cannot trust the people on phone. I think you should get your letter by tmr or definately by Mon....

But atleast your case has been finalised...I'm still waiting for my approval along with so many other memebers of this forum who are eagerly waiting for their decision...

PK
Last edited by PK on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

shs213

Post by shs213 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:19 am

vipul1981 wrote:I called just now and have been told that duplicate has been sent on 2nd August.
you know how our friends in the HO are - they have no idea what they are saying in the phone!!! I would keep calling every other day or so to see if you get a consistent answer i.e. they all stick to the same story saying we posted on X date...

Good luck!!

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:23 am

I can imagine guys. Good luck

gc123

Post by gc123 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:16 pm

It is interesting that it seems to take so long from the UKBA writing a letter until it actually arrives in your letterbox. Maybe a senior manager has to check every letter before it leaves the building?

Does anyone know the average waiting time from receipt of confirmation letter until taking the ceremony? I know there is the private option, and maybe it varies between council areas.

Thanks

Erun

Post by Erun » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:28 pm

gc123 wrote:Does anyone know the average waiting time from receipt of confirmation letter until taking the ceremony? I know there is the private option, and maybe it varies between council areas.

Thanks
Completely depends on the council. My council only does 1 a month so I had to wait a month. Other councils have them weekly it seems and some allow private ceremonies.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:32 pm

gc123 wrote:It is interesting that it seems to take so long from the UKBA writing a letter until it actually arrives in your letterbox. Maybe a senior manager has to check every letter before it leaves the building?

Does anyone know the average waiting time from receipt of confirmation letter until taking the ceremony? I know there is the private option, and maybe it varies between council areas.

Thanks
In the past, approval letters were dispatched once a week so it can take upto two weeks from a decision until you get the letter. Not sure this is still the case today.
You have 90 days to attend the ceremony. In same councils you might wait just a few days, while others you might need to wait a few weeks. It all depends on how many ceremonies they conduct in a month and the waiting list.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:57 pm

Jambo wrote:
gc123 wrote:It is interesting that it seems to take so long from the UKBA writing a letter until it actually arrives in your letterbox. Maybe a senior manager has to check every letter before it leaves the building?

Thanks
In the past, approval letters were dispatched once a week so it can take upto two weeks from a decision until you get the letter. Not sure this is still the case today.
You have 90 days to attend the ceremony. In same councils you might wait just a few days, while others you might need to wait a few weeks. It all depends on how many ceremonies they conduct in a month and the waiting list.
my council greenwich only allows 21 days from the date of letter to book the ceremony! when I got the letter I had only 1.5 weeks left to do it within!!
Good Luck Vipul and all

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:37 pm

i am just thinking when that time will come, everybody say me congrates nazia . OH GOD please end my long wait i am feeling ill now and feeling so tired these days be honest i am cant eat much and too stressed but still got hope that i will hear something soon, FINGERCROSSED
NAZIA XX

koojit
Newly Registered

Post by koojit » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:05 pm

finally got my approval after exactly 4 months !
I phoned up the local council to book my ceremony but I was told they will call me themselvles and it can take up to 4 weeks for them to contact me regarding ceremony arrangements !!!
anyone else in the same boat as me? how long does it take for them to call back?

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:14 pm

Nazia88 wrote:i am just thinking when that time will come, everybody say me congrates nazia . OH GOD please end my long wait i am feeling ill now and feeling so tired these days be honest i am cant eat much and too stressed but still got hope that i will hear something soon, FINGERCROSSED

:lol: :lol: :lol:

cogunde

Post by cogunde » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:51 am

Common Guys - keep your head up. More and more approvals will flood in over the next couple of weeks. Your letter will show up in the post soon enough.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:46 am

koojit wrote:finally got my approval after exactly 4 months !
I phoned up the local council to book my ceremony but I was told they will call me themselvles and it can take up to 4 weeks for them to contact me regarding ceremony arrangements !!!
anyone else in the same boat as me? how long does it take for them to call back?
Congrats koojit