ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Relationship With Chinese Lady (Please Advise me)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

PeterUK2011
Newly Registered

Relationship With Chinese Lady (Please Advise me)

Post by PeterUK2011 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:45 pm

Hello,

I have spoken to a lady from China, We have known each other for more than 2 years. This is a relationship over the internet which i hope you can respect this as it is a modern way to communicate.

I must find a way to be with her. She will finish a 2 year course soon and I plan to have a trainee accountancy position by then. I would like to propose/marry her and if she is comfortable to come to Britain to live with me.

I would need to help her find her position to her educational goal (journalism) or trainee position? She is very intelligent I just need to know what her options would be. I read she would not be allowed to work as a fiancee position here in the UK.

If anyone could give me the best advice to spend my life with her, i would be very grateful. If i need to make any sacrifices then please let me know because i will make them, I will look for my trainee accountancy positions in China, but i am not sure how many will be in her area.

Thank you for the time you put into reading and/or Replying to my message.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:58 pm

You need to meet face to face before she can come to the UK as a fiance.

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:59 pm

my advice wuld be if u really love and wanna marry her go to china get married to her over there and apply for a spouse visa at british embassy in china which would be granted to her as long as u have the nesseccary documents like marriage cert and the rest, as for work she will have the full right to wrk in UK with her spouse visa....hope that helps....cheers

experts correct me if im wrong

PeterUK2011
Newly Registered

Post by PeterUK2011 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:18 am

Does anyone know the time period I need to stay in China if We are to marry there?

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:12 am

Peter,
Hi, I hope it all goes well with your wedding! :-) Congrats!

The reason why people say to get married there is that it will look better for the eyes of the immigration officer.
I *think* that it will be easier for her to get a visa to live in the UK as she is already married to you then.
Because if she tries to get a fiancee visa, they will go through a lot of scrutinity. And although meeting people on the internet is very common nowadays (I met my partner online and we are together for 11 years!).

But if she is already married to you, immigration will see it's serious.

I know it's silly from them in some points. we live in a modern world! But if she tries to enter saying she will live with someone she never saw in person, it might be difficult. Immigration officers are so old fashioned.

Also, I don't think you must stay any specific amount of time in China. Ask your fiancee to check the requirements in order to marry in China (ie: do you have to be in the are for 1 or 2 weeks? etc).
Good luck!

PeterUK2011
Newly Registered

Post by PeterUK2011 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:24 am

Thank you all for your answers, I feel much more confident about the situation and I am going to make it work. :!:

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:15 am

Before you go too far down the line, you may want to check out the requirement for the pre-entry English test. Depending on your fiancee's level of English she may want to prepare for this now, unless she holds either a Batchelor or Masters degree taught in English.
I'm assuming you're both over the age of 21.

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:21 am

i agree wiv casa, check english requirement and also you dont have to live there for months,i think a month is enough to cover both weddin and application process not too sure of china thou but in some countries application takes 2weeks as long as she meets the english requirement and others,..GOODLUCK

ALTAY2011
Newly Registered

Re: Relationship With Chinese Lady (Please Advise me)

Post by ALTAY2011 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:14 am

PeterUK2011 wrote:Hello,

I have spoken to a lady from China, We have known each other for more than 2 years. This is a relationship over the internet which i hope you can respect this as it is a modern way to communicate.

I must find a way to be with her. She will finish a 2 year course soon and I plan to have a trainee accountancy position by then. I would like to propose/marry her and if she is comfortable to come to Britain to live with me.

I would need to help her find her position to her educational goal (journalism) or trainee position? She is very intelligent I just need to know what her options would be. I read she would not be allowed to work as a fiancee position here in the UK.

If anyone could give me the best advice to spend my life with her, i would be very grateful. If i need to make any sacrifices then please let me know because i will make them, I will look for my trainee accountancy positions in China, but i am not sure how many will be in her area.

Thank you for the time you put into reading and/or Replying to my message.
JUST GO CHINA GET MARRIED.

I DID THAT WAY. THEN I BRINGED MY WIFE TO UK WITH SPOUSE VISA.

YOU NEED TO PREPARE PAPER BEFORE YOU GO TO CHINA FROM CHINESE CONSULATE. DONT FORGET THAT. OTHER WASE YOU CANT GET MARRIED THERE.