ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chintaalfa
Newly Registered

Re: Return application fee

Post by chintaalfa » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:16 pm

They used to do this before if they were not going to process an application from someone they would not charge them this happened to my friends wife

Hay

Post by Hay » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:19 am

I got all my documents this morning. Did withdraw application 3days ago. Post man knock the door. Recorded delivery and it seems my case was still on the que since nothing had happened...

chintaalfa
Newly Registered

withdrawal of ILR application

Post by chintaalfa » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:34 am

That was a quick turnaround to get the documents back, anyway haven't seen anybody who applied for ILR after May20th get their decision

tommyjo
Newly Registered

Post by tommyjo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:14 pm

my passport arrived back today - 3 days i think?

hopefulme
Newly Registered

Post by hopefulme » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:07 pm

Hi Guys
I'm Joining the boat with everyone here. I applied for ILR last week. It is SET (0) application with HSMP judicial review. I did not realise that it is taking so long to process. I was expecting my passport to return within two weeks (as it happend when i applied for extension 3 years ago) but after I had sent my application, I check this forum and got worried as I have travel plans at the end of this month. I should have applied at PEO. I phoned them on Thursday (Day when they took payment out of my debit card) and asked them to return my documents. They did not have any record in the system (they finally tracked them by special delivery number) and told me that documents willl be returned but it may take up to 15 working days (21 days). I am just so worried about all this. I never realised it has become so time taking process. I offered to collect from anywhere in the UK but they said they can only send by post. I have a special delivery envelop inside the package and been tracking it since last two days but no signs so far. Don't know how long they will take to arrive.

I just read some people's documents returned in three days, could you please tell when did you request the document (After how many days of documents sent) ? I am withdrawing them even less than a week since i sent them and when they have not enter any record into system (Although payment is taken), don't know if this will have any impact?

demsol
Newly Registered

Post by demsol » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:54 am

Hi All,

In a couple of days time, my application will be hitting the 'dreaded' 14th week time line, which I wasn't expecting it to come to really. And from the experiences shared by others, you only get the most vague of resposes from the HO regarding your application status.

Well, my application comes under Set O - Work Permit (new ILR rule, as application was received by HO on 10th May). Can anyone who has applied under the same category and around the same period share their experiences please. Does applying under the new rule cause so great a time delay? I will definitely be posting by Monday/Tuesday after calling them up, the HO that is.

Thanks.

aleyibo
Newly Registered

Post by aleyibo » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:10 pm

Applied 26th April 2011 SET (O) HSMP JR
HO received application 27th April 2011
Payment taken 9th May 2011
Acknowledgement Letter received 10th May 2011

Still waiting....

craja444
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Processing Timelines - postal app. (excluding 10/14

Post by craja444 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:41 pm

9 weeks up to (05/08/2010) still wating

Daisydee
Newly Registered

Set (m)

Post by Daisydee » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:56 pm

10 weeks still waiting.Has anyone who applied in the last week of May 2011 received their ILR ?Am quite worried ? :(

jade0888
Newly Registered

Re: Set (m)

Post by jade0888 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:46 pm

m on my 15 weeks still waiting ..m a british citizen applied for my son who is not even 3 years old ......soooooooooooo frustrated ? anybody have any experience time limit processing time for toddlers would be appreciated ! tnx

Hauzen
Newly Registered

Post by Hauzen » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:01 am

There is a definite worrying lack of people posting on here recently to say they've received their ILR. I know not everyone will return to this forum once they've been approved but to have heard very little in the way of applications being completed recently doesn't bode well for those of us waiting long term (over 15 weeks now for our application).

pofadder
Newly Registered

Post by pofadder » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:46 am

I'm on 15 weeks and still waiting as well!
(SET(0) Tier 1 + WP)

Called them last week to find out what's going on, their response is just "that it hasn't been decided yet" and that "they have received all my documents"...

demsol
Newly Registered

Post by demsol » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:38 am

I officially hit the 14-week mark today. So before calling, I had a couple of things on my mind. First, to be as polite as ever even though I've been really frustrated with the long wait. Second, to initially give a wrong reference number just to be sure they were truly confirming the status and not just giving me the usual/routine response.

Well, the lady I spoke to was equally polite and so soft-spoken, I must say. She confirmed first that the reference number that I initially gave was incorrect (which i thought was a good sign).

But I eventually got the response that I dreaded: 'Your application is still in process, you may still have to wait....thank you for calling Sir'. I was speechless for about 3-4 seconds, and realised that she hadn't hung up on me. So I probed further if she might be kind enough to let me know for how long I would need to wait. But she said that she wasn't able to tell...... :(

lingra
Newly Registered

Post by lingra » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:35 am

Hey all - thought I'd join so I could chime in my response to this question...
Daisydee wrote:Has anyone who applied in the last week of May 2011 received their ILR ?
Okay, we didn't apply until the following week -- June 7 to be precise (that's the day the application was received in Durham) -- but we're still waiting on our SET(M) since then. Acknowledgment letter dated June 14, then nothing, which makes it around 9-and-a-half weeks.

It's not been too bad, because we spent our holiday money this year on applying for the visa :P so we have nowhere to go that would require our passports anyway.

chintaalfa
Newly Registered

Post by chintaalfa » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:59 am

Hi There i am into my 12th week of wait

Applied 25th May where it seems to have stopped

and UKBA has taken mass leave

Daisydee
Newly Registered

Set (M)

Post by Daisydee » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:53 am

Really frustating to know that they have practically stopped issuing ILRs post 25th May..One feels stupid wauiting in dark not knowing what is happening to one's application..I don't see any reason why they should be not issuing ILRs post 25th May.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Re: Set (M)

Post by Greenie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:57 am

Daisydee wrote:Really frustating to know that they have practically stopped issuing ILRs post 25th May..One feels stupid wauiting in dark not knowing what is happening to one's application..I don't see any reason why they should be not issuing ILRs post 25th May.
they haven't 'practically stopped issuing ILRs post 25th May' they are just taking around 14 weeks to decide, and therefore haven't got around to applications submitted on 25th may yet.

tommyjo
Newly Registered

Post by tommyjo » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:19 am

9 weeks today.

Urgh. It drags on doesn't it!

kittykat

Post by kittykat » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:21 pm

kittykat wrote:Hi,

Joining the forum and finding it very useful - thanks everyone.

24 May applied for ILR on SET(O) (Ancestry)
25 May ack received
1 Jun payment taken
Hi all, I had good news today. I received a special delivery parcel with my passports and other documents in. My passport was stamped with a Residence Permit valid until 'Indefinite'. It was stamped on 27 July in Liverpool.

I applied on 24 May, so that's just over 11 weeks waiting.

This forum has been incredibly helpful, so thank you to everyone who has posted, and good luck to those of you who are still waiting. I am off to the pub!!

tommyjo
Newly Registered

Post by tommyjo » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:24 pm

kittykat wrote:
kittykat wrote:Hi,

Joining the forum and finding it very useful - thanks everyone.

24 May applied for ILR on SET(O) (Ancestry)
25 May ack received
1 Jun payment taken
Hi all, I had good news today. I received a special delivery parcel with my passports and other documents in. My passport was stamped with a Residence Permit valid until 'Indefinite'. It was stamped on 27 July in Liverpool.

I applied on 24 May, so that's just over 11 weeks waiting.

This forum has been incredibly helpful, so thank you to everyone who has posted, and good luck to those of you who are still waiting. I am off to the pub!!
Congratulations - enjoy the pub :D

lucyk2011
Newly Registered

Process Completed!

Post by lucyk2011 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:52 pm

Application sent:27th May
Letter of Confirmation Dated: 2nd June
Application completed and recieved: 11th August
Date of Approval: 2nd August

Very Happy Family today :D

kittykat

Re: Process Completed!

Post by kittykat » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:49 pm

lucyk2011 wrote:Application sent:27th May
Letter of Confirmation Dated: 2nd June
Application completed and recieved: 11th August
Date of Approval: 2nd August

Very Happy Family today :D
Congratulations!

olelampaso
Newly Registered

Post by olelampaso » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:43 pm

Two weeks gap between decision and delivery of passport. Why?

Daisydee
Newly Registered

Post by Daisydee » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:48 pm

[quote="olelampaso"]Two weeks gap between decision and delivery of passport. Why?[/quote]

I don't think we are anyways in a position to ask the UKBA why ??? We are at the receiving end :(

Nat000
Newly Registered

Post by Nat000 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:55 pm

This is looking promising)))) congrats guys!!