ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Turkish citizen to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

xmascake85
Newly Registered

Turkish citizen to Ireland

Post by xmascake85 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:16 am

Hello everybody,

I am a half Dutch half Irish girl, with only the Dutch nationality and living in Turkey at the moment. Yes I know it is complicated, it is also for myself sometimes :D

I am married to a Turkish man, and my question is if we want to move to Ireland is it possible to obtain a residence and workpermit for him?
If so, what is the procedure? And the costs? And how much time does it usually take to arrange these visas?

In generally i know that visa for Turkish citizens are very difficult to arrange, but on the internet it only says in case people from the EU wanting to go to Ireland. But unfortunately for us Turkey has not entered the EU (yet!) :)

And is it true that having an EU passport, you can go to Ireland without having any working or residency permits?

Hopefully someone will help me....I would be very grateful to you!

Thanks and good luck to all!

xmascake85

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:14 pm

Hi there,

there are a lot of people in a similar situation to you, and many posts related to this topic on this board. Check out http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 2c52bff2f3 for example.

Any posts that relate to EU citizens relocating to Ireland with their non-EU spouses will also relate to you.

As Turkey is classified as a "visa-required" country, your husband will need a visa to enter Ireland, specifically a D-Spouse visa if he wishes to work, or to stay longer than the 3 months granted with a Tourist Visa.

Yes, as an EU citizen, you are entitled to move to anywhere in the EU for the purposes of work, once you can support yourself financially.