ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Interview

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:55 am

Erun wrote:Ah, I understand now.

So is there a problem with postdating? Because that's what my referree did for me as I wanted to get my application in ASAP.
Legally speaking, yes. He needs to sign after you filled in all the form (including naturalisation certificate number).
Sometimes (although rare) the IPS contacts the countersigner as a standard check. He might be asked when he signed the application.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:56 am

So is there a problem with postdating? Because that's what my referree did for me as I wanted to get my application in ASAP.
Playing the devil's advocate here- What happens if on the date on your form, your referee is not in the country?
Sometimes IPS call the referee to check this!
My advice- Consider the logistics on that day, before you post your application

Erun

Post by Erun » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:00 pm

[quote="gidoc"Playing the devil's advocate here- What happens if on the date on your form, your referee is not in the country?
Sometimes IPS call the referee to check this!
My advice- Consider the logistics on that day, before you post your application[/quote]

Well she was. She was just unable to attend my ceremony due to meetings.

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:49 pm

gidoc wrote:
I totally disagree with you mate.i got my form filled even before i got my approval letter counter signed it as soon as i got my approval letter and booked an appointment for ceremony...ceremony date was on 21/07/11 got my friend to sign and dated my app on the 7/7/11 i completed the form signed and dated it 20/7/11 after ceremony i fill in my cert number and date 21/7/11 so basically my application had 3defferent date...im 100% sure that The date is not a problem atall n has no impact on ur app as long as its filled out correctly and submitted after u r naturalized...i went for interview on the 4th of august and was clearly told after interview that i will recieve my passport in 4wrkin days and if i dont get it within 2weeks i shuld call the number on my interview letter so tell me how is dating ur application before naturalization a fraught with risk???? How do u know it risk n u can be caught out if u havent done it before.?what i adviced 1664 to do was excertly what i did wouldnt advice him if i wasnt sure....
Well done if it works for you, however wrong advice.
I know a person, who was like your friend, and signed the form earlier; was called by the IPS and reprimanded with advise that he will be black listed for such matters if it happened again; good luck to you anyway but as I wrote earlier do not give wrong advice as this is a public forum, thanks

is not a wrong advice as im not here to advice people wrongly if i wasnt sure i wuldnt have adviced anyone to do that....what does date has to do with certifyin the identity of someone....COMMON SENSE,for someone to counter sign is to confirm that u are the truely likeness of the person on the picture and not to confirm if you are british or not, so it doesnt matter when the person confirms your identity and sign as long as he or she meet other requirement...so you are the one giving wrong advice

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:01 pm

1664 wrote:hi Guys

I get the individual concerns and comments you both have made.
What I plan to do it fill in and sign the form and get it countersigned after the ceremony and send it off the same day.

Will keep you guys posted. Thanks again to you both for the advice.

you can do as you please mate which ever way is not bad,the resaon for countersignin is not to confirm if you are british or not but to confirm that you are the person in the pic and the person signin must knw you for 2yrs or more so i dont see why he or she MUST do it after you naturalize...anyway got my passport yesterday morning looks really nice and clean....Wish you all the best mate...Goodluck

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:21 pm

forwardever wrote:

What I plan to do it fill in and sign the form and get it countersigned after the ceremony and send it off the same day.

you can do as you please mate which ever way is not bad,the resaon for countersignin is not to confirm if you are british or not but to confirm that you are the person in the pic and the person signin must knw you for 2yrs or more so i dont see why he or she MUST do it after you naturalize...anyway got my passport yesterday morning looks really nice and clean....Wish you all the best mate...Goodluck
Wow cool mate... Congrats on ur passport. Your travelling begins here ;)

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:41 pm

1664 wrote:
forwardever wrote:

Wow cool mate... Congrats on ur passport. Your travelling begins here ;)

yea mate first trip to LANZAROTE on holiday next week, secound trip to germany next month :D :D free like a bird...you are almost there in 3weeks or less from today u will be holding yours :)

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:21 pm

haha - well done mate...
Sure 3 weeks or less is what am hoping for...will keep the posts updated on here!

Enjoy your vacation.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:39 pm

got my passport yesterday morning looks really nice and clean...
Well done, congrats!
you can do as you please mate which ever way is not bad,the resaon for countersignin is not to confirm if you are british or not but to confirm that you are the person in the pic and the person signin must knw you for 2yrs or more so i dont see why he or she MUST do it after you naturalize..
Not harping on this but this is an open forum hence we must try and give the right advise.

Please read very carefully whats written next to Note 10 of the passport form- against Countersignature, which is self-explanatory.

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:20 am

gidoc wrote:
got my passport yesterday morning looks really nice and clean...
Well done, congrats!
you can do as you please mate which ever way is not bad,the resaon for countersignin is not to confirm if you are british or not but to confirm that you are the person in the pic and the person signin must knw you for 2yrs or more so i dont see why he or she MUST do it after you naturalize..
Not harping on this but this is an open forum hence we must try and give the right advise.

Please read very carefully whats written next to Note 10 of the passport form- against Countersignature, which is self-explanatory.

like i said what i adviced was what i did and i dont think its wrong if not i wouldnt have done it and i wouldnt have adviced anyone to do it,is not like im guessin here THIS WAS EXCERTLY WHAT I DID with 3 defferent date i think the most important date is the date you get your certificate its common sense...i honestly do not see whats wrong in fillin out a form date it and wait for your naturalization certificate to fill in the number and send it....its an open forum and we are here to post our experiences which i did so its up to anyone to follow what i did but dont say it wrong cos it not and you are not to judge wether its wrong or right,if its a serious thing they would have called and told me or reject my application...get my point

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:32 am

I have also filled in my passport application form and got it countersigned with 11th August as date. and will be sending it across on 11th after my ceremony.

I cant see such a big issue of counter signatory's date

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:34 am

forwardever,

I have a question for you. Is C&S quicker or postal?

I can see that you sent it Postal (special delivery)

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:40 am

vipul1981 wrote:forwardever,

I have a question for you. Is C&S quicker or postal?

I can see that you sent it Postal (special delivery)

i would reckon u send via special delievery provided you fill out your form correctly bcos wiv that you are sure your app will get there the next day and you can start counting from the day they got it but wiv C&S you not sure when they will send out your form some takes 3days or more for IPS to recieve while some take jus one day but to be on the safer side use SPECIAL DELIVERY...mine took total of 2weeks which is not bad....Goodluck

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:43 am

thanks forwardever,

I have some more questions:

- how did you pay for it?

- Whats the fees for normal passport?

- Apart from application forms, 2 photographs (1 countersigned), 2 passports including the one I entered UK with, naturalisation certificate, do I need to send anything else?

Appreciate your help

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:46 am

vipul1981 wrote:thanks forwardever,

- Apart from application forms, 2 photographs (1 countersigned), 2 passports including the one I entered UK with, naturalisation certificate, do I need to send anything else?

Appreciate your help
do you also have to enclose a pre-paid envelope for IPS to send you back the documents?

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:53 am

Appreciate your help
Normal passport of 32 pages is about £77 and a jumbo passport is about £99 (46 pages)

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:18 am

you can pay by cheque or credict or debit card but i paid by debit card using the payment slipt provided on the guide booklet...

fee is 77.50quid if you want your certificate and passport sent back to you via secure delivery then its extral 3quid...i paid 80.50 quid for mine...if you want the jumbo one then u might have to pay more not sure how much but then u might not get the pretty new formart passport.

absolutely no thats all you need mate...
Appreciate your help
Goodluck...pls update ok...cheers

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:21 am

1664 wrote:

Appreciate your help
do you also have to enclose a pre-paid envelope for IPS to send you back the documents?

no mate you dont need to enclose a pre-paid envelope..just pay 80.50 quid and you document will be sent back to you via a special secure delivery...

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:13 pm

forwardever wrote:
1664 wrote:

Appreciate your help

no mate you dont need to enclose a pre-paid envelope..just pay 80.50 quid and you document will be sent back to you via a special secure delivery...
Ok thanks mate..will keep you updated.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:56 pm

Forward ever,

Did you fill in all details about grandparents?

On either side of my family I don't know the marriage date and grandmothers date of birth. I have just put Unknown

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:25 pm

vipul1981 wrote:Forward ever,

On either side of my family I don't know the marriage date and grandmothers date of birth. I have just put Unknown
Yes a friend of mine put the same thing...unknows for grand parent DOB and date of marriage and his application was successful

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Thanks rnr79

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:07 am

You do not need to fill this as you have a naturalisation certificate.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:10 am

I have also filled in my passport application form and got it countersigned with 11th August as date. and will be sending it across on 11th after my ceremony.

I cant see such a big issue of counter signatory's date
It will be if your referee signed it before your ceremony ie on 10 August and dated it so!

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:01 am

vipul1981 wrote:Forward ever,

sorry for the late response you dont need to fill that jus your parent name date of birth and place of birth...