ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:51 am

vipul1981 wrote:Hi Guys,

Which method of passport application is quicker? Check and Send or Postal?
am going for the C&S. Its quicker... and the avg timescale for the passports is about 3 weeks.

My ceremony is on the 11th too and am planning to send the application off the same day!

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:13 am

great, so we have ceremonies on same day. I will be sending it same day too. Good luck mate

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:22 am

vipul1981 wrote:great, so we have ceremonies on same day. I will be sending it same day too. Good luck mate
Thanks Vipul, you too

gc123

Post by gc123 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:24 am

my (private) ceremony is on the 12th. costs more than £80 :(

according to directgov website you need to allow six weeks for first passport application and compulsory 30 minute interview. god knows what they find to discuss for 30 minutes

six weeks is too long for me to risk it as i am flying out for an extended period on 2 sept

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:44 am

Is it something strange with my case or it is normal?

Its almost a week after the decision has been made....Called again today but no letter posted yet?

Now i wonder if the decision is really made...or advisors talking BS again

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:46 am

gc123 wrote:my (private) ceremony is on the 12th. costs more than £80 :(

according to directgov website you need to allow six weeks for first passport application and compulsory 30 minute interview. god knows what they find to discuss for 30 minutes

six weeks is too long for me to risk it as i am flying out for an extended period on 2 sept
nothing will happend to you its just a standered answer ok they will just make sure that you are person who applying the passpoert. as far as 80 pound is concern its your choice if would go for a public cermony then would cost you nothing but anyway goodluck to you x
NAZIA XX

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:52 am

on avg it takes about 2-3 weeks.
The interview are on avg about 15- 20 mins and the questions will be simple and straightforward - from what I've read.

You should be fine...good luck

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:54 am

rnr79 wrote:Is it something strange with my case or it is normal?

Its almost a week after the decision has been made....Called again today but no letter posted yet?

rnr79 mate - I know you have gone through a long wait. I suggest if the staff have said a decision has made give it 2 weeks and you should get a letter by then. If its been over 2 weeks then I'd start to worry..

Hang in there mate, you're almost there.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:21 pm

1664 wrote:

rnr79 mate - I know you have gone through a long wait. I suggest if the staff have said a decision has made give it 2 weeks and you should get a letter by then. If its been over 2 weeks then I'd start to worry..

I know true but sometimes the delay makes me think...if they are taking that long to send a letter does that mean its a rejection and they are preparing a proper answer for the rejection...I remember reading on one of the reports from the links posted here that rejections are reviewed before communicating to the applicant.

I dont see any reasons for rejections..my application is pretty simple but then who knows what these guys are upto..

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:47 pm

rnr79 wrote:
1664 wrote:

I know true but sometimes the delay makes me think...if they are taking that long to send a letter does that mean its a rejection and they are preparing a proper answer for the rejection...I remember reading on one of the reports from the links posted here that rejections are reviewed before communicating to the applicant.

I dont see any reasons for rejections..my application is pretty simple but then who knows what these guys are upto..
remian positive..and you'll be fine!!

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:56 pm

1664 wrote:......

remian positive..and you'll be fine!!
Well I kinda have given up because of the delays...now i am just worried about loosing the hard earned money...anyways cant do anything they have decided what they want to do

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:28 pm

Hi Guys

Just been on the phone to HO and got some important information thanks to the lovely lady in UKBA call centre..

The way it works is... after HO receives application they DATE and STAMP it .

After payment is processed they create a Payment File....

Once payment is taken they start working on the CASE FILE which includes all the criminal checks, HMRC checks etc etc..... This takes about 6 - 8 weeks from the date Payment is taken....

Once all the checks are done they create a CASE FILE

Then the CASE FILE Waits to be picked up by a case worker and once it is allocated DECISION is made......

The call centre workers only have updates on the files once the file has been created... So for example after Payment it might take a long while for any update becuse your CASE FILE will not have been created unit 6-8 weeks after payment..

Hope this helps

PK

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:39 pm

PK wrote:Hi Guys

Just been on the phone to HO and got some important information thanks to the lovely lady in UKBA call centre..

Once payment is taken they start working on the CASE FILE which includes all the criminal checks, HMRC checks etc etc..... This takes about 6 - 8 weeks from the date Payment is taken....

Then the CASE FILE Waits to be picked up by a case worker and once it is allocated DECISION is made......

The call centre workers only have updates on the files once the file has been created... So for example after Payment it might take a long while for any update becuse your CASE FILE will not have been created unit 6-8 weeks after payment..

Hope this helps

PK
very usefull information PK but about those whose applcation sorted total in 4-6 week from recived to decision some have to wait for mounths...i dont they could have answer for this information. but anyway its good idea for those who waiting like me and others.
NAZIA XX

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:47 pm

Hope this helps

PK
Learnt something new

lasam

Post by lasam » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:50 pm

Hope this helps

PK
thank you for yhe information , its good to know how the applications are processed but the time they take doesn't apply to all cases

lasam

Post by lasam » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:59 pm

congratulations to all who got their approvals recently and good luck to all who are still waiting including me :)

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:08 pm

lasam wrote:congratulations to all who got their approvals recently and good luck to all who are still waiting including me :)
what are your timelines lasam?

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:10 pm

gc123 I see you applied through Lewisham...good people there!
How did you manage a provate ceremony,did you get it in the Lewisham council? Mine is greenwich and they don't do private ceremonies!

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:15 pm

PK wrote: Once all the checks are done they create a CASE FILE

PK
yes i this can be understandable its take time for creating the CASE FILE it could be 6-8 weeks BUT why its gets delayed to pickedup by the case workers some file picked up straightaway some stay in to system for mouths n mounths.
NAZIA XX

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:18 pm

lasam wrote:

Hope this helps

PK
thank you for yhe information , its good to know how the applications are processed but the time they take doesn't apply to all cases

As far as I can make out the longest delay is in creating the CASE FILE...Criminal Checks, HMRC etc... one possiblility of some approvals earlier than others could be the addresses in the last 5 years...I have 5 different addresses..Its only a guess and I might be wrong...

The UKBA Callcentre only gets updated when a ffile is complete EG; PAYMENT FILE or CASE FILE

Well anyway it atleast gives us an anticipation of the timescale and the application in total..

PK

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:23 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
PK wrote: Once all the checks are done they create a CASE FILE

PK
yes i this can be understandable its take time for creating the CASE FILE it could be 6-8 weeks BUT why its gets delayed to pickedup by the case workers some file picked up straightaway some stay in to system for mouths n mounths.
It is also possible (I think) that the caseworker wants some more checks to be done...(I'm not saying this is the case with your appliaction I really Hope not as I know u been waiting for a long time) hence the delay even after the CASE FILE is created....

Won't be long NAZIA ..... Be patient and I'm sure you will happy and free as a bird... :)

PK

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:23 pm

PK wrote:
lasam wrote:

Hope this helps

PK

As far as I can make out the longest delay is in creating the CASE FILE...Criminal Checks, HMRC etc... one possiblility of some approvals earlier than others could be the addresses in the last 5 years...I have 5 different addresses..Its only a guess and I might be wrong...

The UKBA Callcentre only gets updated when a ffile is complete EG; PAYMENT FILE or CASE FILE

Well anyway it atleast gives us an anticipation of the timescale and the application in total..

PK
I've had 4 different addresses in the last 5 years and mine was a quick turnaround. I guess it depends upon the traffic and speed of information between the sender and the receiver.

lasam

Post by lasam » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:24 pm

1664 wrote:
lasam wrote:congratulations to all who got their approvals recently and good luck to all who are still waiting including me :)
5th of may its almost 14 weeks now

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:25 pm

i have seen in timiline the person who lived in only one address and still have to wait for longer and few of thme 5/6 address approved within two mouths or less. but never know whts going on out there its all depend on casworker when they will pick the file.
NAZIA XX

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:26 pm

lasam wrote:
1664 wrote:
5th of may its almost 14 weeks now
I've seen ppl who applied in may starting to get their approvals...so yours may not be far behind.

Good Luck