ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP-JR PEO Appointment need to take dependent?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mittal_siddharth
Newly Registered

HSMP-JR PEO Appointment need to take dependent?

Post by mittal_siddharth » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:57 pm

I recently made appointment with solihull PEO, but after completing online booking, the msg apprears that i have to bring my dependent with me and biometric will be done.

My frds who recently got ilr did not take their dependants with them .

Also, I am not applying my son's (born here) ilr with me but when i spoke to home office they are saying that i have to apply for my son's settlement with me and then only i can apply for british passport.

it is now quite confusing, please guide me.

please refer my previous posting for better understanding.

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: HSMP-JR PEO Appointment need to take dependent?

Post by mk357 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:24 pm

mittal_siddharth wrote:I recently made appointment with solihull PEO, but after completing online booking, the msg apprears that i have to bring my dependent with me and biometric will be done.

My frds who recently got ilr did not take their dependants with them .

Also, I am not applying my son's (born here) ilr with me but when i spoke to home office they are saying that i have to apply for my son's settlement with me and then only i can apply for british passport.

it is now quite confusing, please guide me.

please refer my previous posting for better understanding.
You can apply for your son's registration under Section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act, after you get your ILR. No need for a British born child to get ILR first.

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:36 pm

software coding is done by some off shore company so not that good :) (taking it light )

Well your dependent need not to go with you and you need not to apply for your child's ILR. Once you get ILR you can apply for your child's registration.

Just to make it once again- You need not to apply for your child's ILR EVEN IF THE CASE WORKER THREATEN YOU(about your child visa will expire and will become illegal once your shift to ILR) . You may face some not so informed case worker and get the question which I wrote above. (me and one of my friend was told this recently) . I had asked her to go and consult her superior . She went to check and apologized for mistake. I was granted ILR on the same day . I was covered under HSMP JR April-Nov 2006 Category .

I have applied for my daugther's registration and waiting for last 2 months.

good luck.