ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Illegal for 19 years.

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

helpme2006
Newly Registered

Illegal for 19 years.

Post by helpme2006 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:53 am

What do I do? This is killing me right now. I have been in this country since I was a few months old. I have been raised here. I have gone to school here, I have made my life here. I don't know what to do anymore. I have NO papers, I've constantly been told there is no hope for me.

WHAT CAN I DO?

I have a girlfriend of 3 years. We want to get married when I'm 20. We're waiting to see if anything happens with my status. I entered illegally, not with a visa. I have applied for my papers, and I have had two biometrics appointments. I was told if I marry my girlfriend I have to return to my country and wait 10 years. What can I do? I don't want to do this. Are there no exceptions for me? I've lived my ENTIRE life in this country. I don't even KNOW my native country.

I have never had a criminal record, I have never been married, I have never had any trouble of any kind. I am in college, paying tuition out of my OWN pockets.

Is there ANY hope for me?

What can I do to get my papers without leaving the country?

How long is the waiting period?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:31 pm

The complexity of your circumstances means that you are unlikely to receive appropriate assistance from this forum or any other one for that matter. It is best you seek competent legal advise from a suitably qualified attorney - they may likely review past legislation and whether such applies to your circumstances for adjustment without leaving the US.