ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse refusal visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alaa
Newly Registered

spouse refusal visa

Post by alaa » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:40 pm

how is every one
this is my first post please i need your advice
my wife applied for settlement visa but she got a refusal with chance to appeal
they said that i am in low income!!!!!!!
my income is 1300 pounds a month and i have 11000 saving statement for four months
the ECO said that his not satisfied that i have that saving and my job income is not enough
because i had in my bank statement a history of overdrawn
that was the ground of the refusal income not enough and his not satisfied about my saving

i want an advice please
how long the appeal take?
can i reapply again?

and how i can get my original documents from the embassy? because i gave them all my original documents

thank you

life24
Newly Registered

Post by life24 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:36 pm

Hi there is better u ask the embassy to reconsider your application and tell them why you think the decision is wrong. Cause they said your are in a low income write to them show to them what you earn and what you can save Try to draw for them your budget plan

Cause appeal takes too long appeal take 6 - 12 months sometimes so is better to review your application and if there are not satisfied reapply again cause appeal take long . But i believe they will issue a visa if u ask them to review your application.

good luk

ilm

Post by ilm » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am

You have £11,000 savings but a history of being overdrawn at the bank? This either means you don't have savings or are not very good at managing money, possibly both. With this is mind and a salary of £1,300 per month (I assume before tax) the ECO has evidently decided you would not be able to support you and your wife without public funds.

Certianly ask them to reconsider first, I believe you can submit more dcuments. If you do, or if you reapply I would suggest you provide more information about you finances, such as.

Where did the savings come from?
Why have you been overdrawn at the bank?
Do you have any assets to show for being overdrawn?
Details of your monthly spending, and projected spending when you are supporting your wife.
Prospects at work, and a detailed work history CV.
Your wifes work prospects, is she going to go to work.

An appeal will take a long time, and there is no guarantee it will be successful. Concentrate on managing you finances and getting yourself into a position to provide evidence that 'together you can support yourselves and any dependants without any help from public funds'.

alaa
Newly Registered

Post by alaa » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:09 pm

life24 and ilm thank you very much for your advice thanks alot
i will concentrate more in my financial issue, i managed to get a part time job 16 hours a week
and i got a brother who has a business in australia his ready to give us extra support
and my friend promise me that he will support me
i will informed my solicitor that i want the embassy to reconsider my form
and i will try to get more and more supporting document

I think i do not need to show them any more document about my accommodation or any another documents rather then the financial documents

thank you guys

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:51 pm

alaa,

The message from the Entry Clearance Officer is that your documentation is either fraudelent or the funds in question are not yours based on various factors - to start off the mismatch between having an 11K savings balance yet being overdrawn is a major red flag. Likewise the ECO probably wondered how you earn GBP 1,300 a month (over GBP 20/hr) from a part time job unless this is a feature of the work you do or is in the appropriate industry? Did you submit pay slips with records of appropriate income tax and national insurance contributions?

alaa
Newly Registered

Post by alaa » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:17 am

thank you Kayalami
i am in full time, job i work for 42.5 hours a week, i am working now for three years
i show the embassy six months pay slip and P60 for 2005.
now my friend here in london offered me part time job 16 hours a week to improve my income payment.
that means 42.5 + 16 = 58.5 hours a week
i will increase my income 500 pounds
i think that will improve my income, but i do not know if the ECO will satisfied

my solicitor told my that i am in very bad situation, and the case will go to court

if i provide the following:
1. letter from my new job confirming that i will start part job
2. supporting letter from my brother and my friends
3. explanation about my saving
4. confirmation about the money i send to my wife to support her
5. explanation about our human rights issue

do i have a good chance to review my application by the ECO?

please i need your advice

thank you all

ilm

Post by ilm » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:16 pm

do i have a good chance to review my application by the ECO?
We cannot answer that with out knowing what you originally submitted, even then we can only guess and I doubt you want to know my opinion. Have you even tried to contact the ECO to ask them if they will review it with more evidence yet?
my solicitor told my that i am in very bad situation, and the case will go to court
It will if you appeal. I hope the solicitor didn't do the original application because it would appear it wasn't well preapred.

There is not alot of 'hard' evidence in the list you are proposing. I would say personal statements/explainations are not that useful here. If the ECO said he didn't believe you had the savings you need to provide more than just an explaination of where they came from. Also you still havn't shown you can live on the money you earn.
5. explanation about our human rights issue
And what exactly is it? Whatever you think it is it won't get you very far with the ECO now.

Having sounded quite negative I am sure there is nothing that should prevent you getting a visa for your wife. Your questions are very general and difficult to answer without alot more information. By all means ask questions but try and be more specific.

Take some time to read through posts of others who were in a similar position and read the relevent parts of the ukvisas website.