ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

court hearing for settlement visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Yas2010

court hearing for settlement visa

Post by Yas2010 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:29 pm

Hi,

Has any one been to a court hearing for a settlement visa for the UK from Pakistan, i need all the informtion what does the judge ask and the home office rep.

What question are asked.

do I need to re submit new documents.

They reason it got refusal was the following,

I have only spent 5 days with my husband
I have provided little evidence of regular contact
Its a genuine relationship
I will not be able to support him,

I actually met him 5 years ago. I spent two weeks in Pakistan when we got married plus he has been to the UK too.
We talk almost everyday on the phone & enclosed Orange phone bills. I also sent evidence of money sent to my husband I have also got 2 investments plans what I have over 30k in.

If any one can help me what i need & what they going to ask

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:32 pm

The best thing you can do is to go and sit in one hearing similar to yours to find out what happens.These courts are public courts and you are free to sit in and listen.

The questions you will be asked will vary from person to person and their individual circumstances.

Concentrate on the points that you have been refused as most questioning will be based on those events :wink: