ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help Query on name change.(Urgent)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

care
Newly Registered

Please help Query on name change.(Urgent)

Post by care » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:55 pm

My wife is in UK with me as Tier 1 dependent to me.Now we are planning for extension.

In Dependent Visa application there is a question of B5 page 8,
"If the dependent is known,or has ever been known,by any other name than those given above,Please give details"

My wife surname chaged to my surname after marriage that reflects in her passport.But in marriage certificate it has her old surname.

They are asking for evidence for name change in form,What documents to be enclosed for this.

Please help.......

care
Newly Registered

Post by care » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:51 am

Please help me friends on this

RockON

Post by RockON » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:36 pm

Marriage certificate should be fine. Do note, marriage certificate has your wife's old surname, as that was her identity before she got married,

I got extension last month, for me and my wife, her valid visa was on old passport-old surname, and new blank passport changed surname. I sent marriage certificate as evidence of change of name (and did mention this in cover letter)

I was also confused that time, as dependent's application form, help for answering that question does not mention marriage certificate as an evidence of change of name, but if you check the main applicant's form, in similar scenario it mentions marriage certificate as evidence of change of name

Hope this helps

Best of Luck