ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rnr79
Member of Standing

Passport application form

Post by rnr79 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:10 pm

Hi guys...

On the passport application form there is no place for the photos...Is that we just need to attach the photos separately to application...

Does the countersignee have to sign on one of the photograph?

thanks in advance
Last edited by rnr79 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

taliska

Re: Passport application form

Post by taliska » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:15 pm

rnr79 wrote:Hi guys...

On the passport application form there is no place for the passport...Is that we just need to attach to passports separately to application...

Do the countersignee have to sign on one of the photograph?

thanks in advance
what exactly are you asking? If you are asking about where you put passport number of your current passport on the form then this is somwhere on the second page of the form at the top, where they ask for all passports you are included on.

the next part of your question is simple and if you read the gudance notes or the form properly it is answered, Yes they have sign the back of one of the two pictures you send with your application and there is a statement which they must copy and then sign below that

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:25 pm

taliska wrote:

On the passport application form there is no place for the passport...Is that we just need to attach to passports separately to application...

thanks in advance
what exactly are you asking? If you are asking about where you put passport number of your current passport on the form then this is somwhere on the second page of the form at the top, where they ask for all passports you are included on.

the next part of your question is simple and if you read the gudance notes or the form properly it is answered, Yes they have sign the back of one of the two pictures you send with your application and there is a statement which they must copy and then sign below that
Hello mate sorry my bad typing, i meant to ask where to put photos on the application

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:22 pm

rnr79 wrote:
taliska wrote:

thanks in advance

Hello mate sorry my bad typing, i meant to ask where to put photos on the application

jus put it in the middle of the form

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:55 pm

I just put it in a small envelope and put it in the envelope

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:28 pm

vipul1981 wrote:I just put it in a small envelope and put it in the envelope
... Also the countersignatory should sign one of the photograps.

Good luck

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:42 pm

good...putting them in a small envelope seems a very good idea :)

thanks vipul1981

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:44 pm

1664 wrote:

Good luck
thanks 1664..just read the application carefully...it say that but alse say the countersinee has to right on the back of the photograph as well...not sure if there would be enough space there thogut

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:59 am

rnr79 wrote:
1664 wrote:

Good luck
thanks 1664..just read the application carefully...it say that but alse say the countersinee has to right on the back of the photograph as well...not sure if there would be enough space there thogut
Am sure it'll be fine.. 1000's of people send in their forms. Plus my name is not particularly short and it still fit in easily!!

Miraiza

Post by Miraiza » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:03 am

On part 4 of the passport application, the last paragraph asked for grandparents details if parents were born outside of the UK. Has anyone given details of their grandparents on the form or is it been ignored by everyone.

Please help.
Miraiza

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:14 am

Miraiza wrote:On part 4 of the passport application, the last paragraph asked for grandparents details if parents were born outside of the UK. Has anyone given details of their grandparents on the form or is it been ignored by everyone.

Please help.
If you know them fill in else write "unknown".
How are you sending your form? C&S or postal?

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:01 am

On part 4 of the passport application, the last paragraph asked for grandparents details if parents were born outside of the UK. Has anyone given details of their grandparents on the form or is it been ignored by everyone.
Not required to be filled, as you the naturalisation certificate.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:57 am

By the way guys i applied for passport yesterday using check and send and the guy said that my signature was touching the borders of the provided box and said they IPS ask me to submit the form again but he said if i want to take a chance he can send...if needed IPS will get in touch with me....

hope it would be ok....but just in case wondering...if that happens do i have to...

Also not sure if this is correct in section 4 i thought i have to write the details of my old passport only if i had British Passport...but this guy in the post office asked me to put NO...but still put my Indian passport numbers there...strange...dont know if IPS will be ok with this or will they conisder this as a mistake and send the complete form back to me

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:13 am

rnr79 wrote:By the way guys i applied for passport yesterday using check and send and the guy said that my signature was touching the borders of the provided box and said they IPS ask me to submit the form again but he said if i want to take a chance he can send...if needed IPS will get in touch with me....

hope it would be ok....but just in case wondering...if that happens do i have to...

could be a issue. Guess you will have to wait to find out. Personally I think if it was within the box and not actually touching it, u will be ok.
Also not sure if this is correct in section 4 i thought i have to write the details of my old passport only if i had British Passport...but this guy in the post office asked me to put NO...but still put my Indian passport numbers there...strange...dont know if IPS will be ok with this or will they conisder this as a mistake and send the complete form back to me

I think you mean Section 3. You have to put the details of whatever passport you held. It clearly says on the form British or otherwise

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:16 am

vipul1981 wrote:
rnr79 wrote:By the way guys i applied for passport yesterday using check and send and the guy said that my signature was touching the borders of the provided box and said they IPS ask me to submit the form again but he said if i want to take a chance he can send...if needed IPS will get in touch with me....

could be a issue. Guess you will have to wait to find out. Personally I think if it was within the box and not actually touching it, u will be ok.
Yes i think they are going to ask me to send another form...but thats what i wanted to check if will i have to get countersigned that form again? Will they send me my all the documents back?
may be i will just call IPS and find it out now..will update in few mins

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:28 am

OK..just called IPS and the guy said that if my signature was touching or may be it was just millimeters on the borders as border is thick line..it would be ok and he said if it crossed the border and went outside that area then that would be a problem...so fingers crossed.

also he mentioned that if they ask me to correct the form...i dont have to get it counter signed again...so thats good....

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:20 pm

rnr79 wrote:OK..just called IPS and the guy said that if my signature was touching or may be it was just millimeters on the borders as border is thick line..it would be ok and he said if it crossed the border and went outside that area then that would be a problem...so fingers crossed.

also he mentioned that if they ask me to correct the form...i dont have to get it counter signed again...so thats good....
dont worry its not an issue its fine ok goodluck
NAZIA XX

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:46 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
dont worry its not an issue its fine ok goodluck
thanks Nazia88...i am not too worried just it will affect the time line...I am sure IPS service is lot better than UKBA...so at least dont have to worry about decision if i have made some mistakes as for this you dont have to pay again...

and really cant believe the difference in the service when you call IPS and UKBA

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:20 pm

By the way guys i applied for passport yesterday using check and send and the guy said that my signature was touching the borders of the provided box and said they IPS ask me to submit the form again but he said if i want to take a chance he can send...if needed IPS will get in touch with me....

If its just touching the inside border, no problem, its okay
Its section 3 , you should have said yes and entered your previous and current passports( including the one you entered the UK with)- anyway, now that PO chap filled the numbers in , it will be fine

IPS will not return the form for minor corrections, any corrections they need , they will verify with you on the phone and correct it themselves.
Thats how good the service is!
I had my address changed on the phone!!

Miraiza

Post by Miraiza » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:30 am

1664 wrote:
Miraiza wrote:On part 4 of the passport application, the last paragraph asked for grandparents details if parents were born outside of the UK. Has anyone given details of their grandparents on the form or is it been ignored by everyone.

Please help.
Thanks 1664, I'm doing C&S from the post office.
Miraiza

Miraiza

Post by Miraiza » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:34 am

gidoc wrote:
Not required to be filled, as you the naturalisation certificate.
Thank you Gidoc.
Miraiza

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:01 am

Miraiza wrote:
1664 wrote:

Please help.
Thanks 1664, I'm doing C&S from the post office.
Good Luck Miraiza