ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PARKING OFFENCE AND CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION HELP PLEASE

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dele
Newly Registered

PARKING OFFENCE AND CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION HELP PLEASE

Post by dele » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:49 pm

I will really appreciate advice on this please.
I am the registered owner of a car driven (insured) by my wife and me. We got two parking tickets within 1 week. Firstly, SHE parked in front of the house (21/6/11) and blocked the pathway, we got a ticket which we paid within 14 days. A few days later I went to town to pick the children (27/6/11) and got a parking ticket which was paid within 14 days also.
My question is how will this affect my application for British Citizenship? The second ticket came in my name, but the first one was placed on the car at 6.55 am.
I am afraid that if the 2 tickets are taken into consideration it may affect my BC application as they are within 12 months. I have an appointment at the NCS 24/8/11 for myself and the children.
Please can members help me.

x-ray

Post by x-ray » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:12 pm

As long as you have paid for the parking offence, the matter end there and should not affect your BC application. Parking tickets are PCN not FPN, it will be a problem only if you have more than one FPN in the last 12 months of your BC application.

Goodluck.

londoncitizen
Newly Registered

Re: PARKING OFFENCE AND CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION HELP PLEASE

Post by londoncitizen » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:01 pm

dele wrote:I will really appreciate advice on this please.
I am the registered owner of a car driven (insured) by my wife and me. We got two parking tickets within 1 week. Firstly, SHE parked in front of the house (21/6/11) and blocked the pathway, we got a ticket which we paid within 14 days. A few days later I went to town to pick the children (27/6/11) and got a parking ticket which was paid within 14 days also.
My question is how will this affect my application for British Citizenship? The second ticket came in my name, but the first one was placed on the car at 6.55 am.
I am afraid that if the 2 tickets are taken into consideration it may affect my BC application as they are within 12 months. I have an appointment at the NCS 24/8/11 for myself and the children.
I've a mate from Wembley, he has 3 parking ticket, he had paid all of them. His application got rejected for some reason.

dele
Newly Registered

Post by dele » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:18 pm

Hello,
Was the reason ur friend's application was rejected the parking fines or "some reason"?

londoncitizen wrote:
I've a mate from Wembley, he has 3 parking ticket, he had paid all of them. His application got rejected for some reason.

londoncitizen
Newly Registered

Post by londoncitizen » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:27 pm

dele wrote:Hello,
Was the reason ur friend's application was rejected the parking fines or "some reason"?
Parking Fines, that is what he told me. I'm not sure of more details. He is appealing against the decision.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:14 am

Parking fines are not a reason for refusal of BC, as long as the fines have been paid. Perhaps Londoncitizen's friend has court demands for outstanding overdue parking fines.

dele
Newly Registered

Post by dele » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:00 pm

Casa wrote:Parking fines are not a reason for refusal of BC, as long as the fines have been paid. Perhaps Londoncitizen's friend has court demands for outstanding overdue parking fines.
@ Londoncitizen & Casa. Thank you both for your contributions. It is appreciated. Do we have any member who got his BC with 2 or more paid parking fines?

shs213

Post by shs213 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:17 pm

dele wrote:
Casa wrote:Parking fines are not a reason for refusal of BC, as long as the fines have been paid. Perhaps Londoncitizen's friend has court demands for outstanding overdue parking fines.
@ Londoncitizen & Casa. Thank you both for your contributions. It is appreciated. Do we have any member who got his BC with 2 or more paid parking fines?
i had at least three on my car. . All paid within 14 days, naturali approved. .

Now waiting for the passport. . Didnt even have to mention parking tickets anywhere. .

If its any consolation, you can say a friend borrowed the car and got the fines. . Good luck.

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:22 am

Dele (padi mi) relax not a problem atall as long as you paid in time u dont even have to mension it on your app....Goodluck

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:36 am

As mentioned by another member, parking tickets are PCN, not FPN. They simply don't count as long as you pay them on time. A friend of mine had dozens of them and got approved.

dele
Newly Registered

Post by dele » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:06 pm

mrlookforward wrote:As mentioned by another member, parking tickets are PCN, not FPN. They simply don't count as long as you pay them on time. A friend of mine had dozens of them and got approved.
Thanks to everyone for your contributions, I am now more confident as I prepare to go to the NCS next week. I will keep everyone informed. Once again thanks a million.

anp

Post by anp » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:42 pm

What if the parking fines haven't been paid?
Be good.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:17 am

anp wrote:What if the parking fines haven't been paid?
Depends, have you been taken to court? If not, perhaps you should contact the issuer and arrange a repayment programme, if it was a private car park, they can only claim trespass and damages as a result of a CCJ.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

VR

Parking Charges

Post by VR » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:05 pm

Friends,

If you want to contest the Parking Charges you are given a time to appeal. The downside is rarely do they rule in your favor even if you were right.

And the downside of loosing the appeal is they would charge you the full fine plus additional costs if it went to court.

It is a civil thing and not a criminal thing. You can ignore it in your BC application.

cheers
VR

anp

Post by anp » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:10 pm

Cheers VR.
Be good.

Cleo22
Newly Registered

Post by Cleo22 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:32 pm

Thanks for the useful information, just one question more. I've had a parking ticket because I left my car at the shopping centre parking lot 10 or 15 minutes above the 3 hours limit (I wasn't aware of the limit at the time). The fine has been paid there and then (£60) but I have no recollection of when it happened and now I am not sure if I should mention it in the citizen's application at all or not. I can't even remember who paid it - if it was me or if it was my husband.

Any advice?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:38 pm

No need to mention a single PCN at all.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Cleo22
Newly Registered

Post by Cleo22 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:09 am

D4109125 wrote:No need to mention a single PCN at all.
thanks a lot!