ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR – Your kind advices needed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SimWood
Newly Registered

ILR – Your kind advices needed

Post by SimWood » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:28 pm

Hi,

I came to UK on the T2 (General) work permit category back in September 2006 with my wife & 6 months old son. Since then I have been working for the same company & have secured a work permit which expires in September 2013. I know that I don’t have to rush to get my ILR, as I have the legal right to stay in the country until 2013. But I think it’s wise for me to get ILR whilst I can before the Home office stats to change its rules & regulations for immigrants.

I did some of the homework to prepare for my ILR application. But I would be grateful if some of you can confirm what I’m thinking (going to do) is right under the current ILR rules.

1. I should complete the SET (O) form for me as a main applicant & for my wife & son as dependents. Cost of the application under the Premium PEO will be £2565 (main applicant + 2 Dependents).

2. Following supporting documents would be required;
a. All Passports (Mine + 2 dependents)
b. Last 12 months Bank Statements
c. Last 12 months Salary Slips
d. Employer Letter
e. Life in the UK test certificates
f. Last 2 year’s proof of cohabitation
g. Photographs

3. I have a daughter who was born in UK a year ago. I have decided not to include her as a dependent under the ILR application – am I correct thinking that I can get the Citizenship for her under Section 1 (3) using the [MN1 form] for the cost of £ 460?

Thank you in advance for all the kind responses … :)

jimmylau8080

Post by jimmylau8080 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:21 pm

I plan to do the same

The fee for MN1 from April 2011 is £540 :(

SimWood
Newly Registered

Post by SimWood » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:06 pm

jimmylau8080 wrote:I plan to do the same

The fee for MN1 from April 2011 is £540 :(
Thanks for the update on the fee @jimmylau8080.

You mentioned that you’re planning to do the same. Are we agreeing that the suggested steps which I mentioned in my above post are correct? Or have I missed anything…

ksab

Post by ksab » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:59 am

Take your P60s too for the 5 years.

SimWood
Newly Registered

Post by SimWood » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:47 am

ksab wrote:Take your P60s too for the 5 years.
Noted. Thanks @ksab.

ksab

Post by ksab » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:49 am

No problem. Also, look at the posts in this forum for employer letter forum. In my opinion that's the document that is the most important as it has quite a lot of information.