ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents to Join Me in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gkskumar12

Parents to Join Me in UK

Post by gkskumar12 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:51 pm

Hello friends

I hold ILR and very soon i will be applying for my Citizenship.
While i do that i would like my parents to join me in UK.

I am single unmarried person, working in Mid Managerial Position, earning about £1500 a month and i live in a Company accommodation - which can accommodate my parents as well.
I dont have any property in UK and i support my parents every month by sending money from here.
My Father Retd and my Mother H/W.
I have a brother who is not in touch with the family and rest relatives are only hello hi relationship.
So i want them to join me, can some please advise what i need to do.

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:54 pm

How old are they and do you support them financially? Are there other relatives living in their location?

Parents, grandparents and other dependant relatives.
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/settle ... prelatives

gkskumar12

Parents to Join Me in UK

Post by gkskumar12 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:58 pm

Mother is 50yrs and Father 61yrs old.
Yes i support them by sending money every month.
Yes there are realtives, but not in touch with them - but how will Home office say there are other relatives if i sai no.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Re: Parents to Join Me in UK

Post by Greenie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:04 pm

gkskumar12 wrote:Hello friends

I hold ILR and very soon i will be applying for my Citizenship.
While i do that i would like my parents to join me in UK.

I am single unmarried person, working in Mid Managerial Position, earning about £1500 a month and i live in a Company accommodation - which can accommodate my parents as well.
I dont have any property in UK and i support my parents every month by sending money from here.
My Father Retd and my Mother H/W.
I have a brother who is not in touch with the family and rest relatives are only hello hi relationship.
So i want them to join me, can some please advise what i need to do.

Thanks
See older dependent relatives

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:05 pm

In that case it's not likely they qualify; they would have to be living alone in exceptional compassionate circumstances (ill, poor, etc) Read the guidelines in the link provided.

parent or grandparent under the age of 65 if living alone outside the United Kingdom in the most compassionate circumstances and mainly dependent financially on relatives settled in the United Kingdom; or