ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Hauzen
Newly Registered

Post by Hauzen » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:08 pm

Nat000 wrote:This is looking promising)))) congrats guys!!
Definitely.. we've waited a wee while and now seen two people posting their good news.

Congratulations lucyk2011 and kittykat!

My wife's application has reached the 16 week mark today... hopefully Postman Pat is away to knock on our door tomorrow.

adamboston

Post by adamboston » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:21 pm

kittykat wrote:
kittykat wrote:Hi,

Joining the forum and finding it very useful - thanks everyone.

24 May applied for ILR on SET(O) (Ancestry)
25 May ack received
1 Jun payment taken
Hi all, I had good news today. I received a special delivery parcel with my passports and other documents in. My passport was stamped with a Residence Permit valid until 'Indefinite'. It was stamped on 27 July in Liverpool.

I applied on 24 May, so that's just over 11 weeks waiting.

This forum has been incredibly helpful, so thank you to everyone who has posted, and good luck to those of you who are still waiting. I am off to the pub!!
Kittykat I've been reading your previous posts particularly the whole employment ordeal you've been through and you can't imagine how delighted I am to see you celebrating freedom. I pray you have all the success in your life. God bless you dear.
Adam

'To me no human is alien - but to some no aliens are human'.

olelampaso
Newly Registered

There is hope!

Post by olelampaso » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:31 am

Congratulations Kittykat and Lucyk! After a drought of UKBA decisions you have brought much hope to many who are waiting.

Its a game of patience
at least 11 wks it seems..

chintaalfa
Newly Registered

Re: There is hope!

Post by chintaalfa » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:47 am

Hmm slowly it has started to move

although ones which came out looks like they have been processed in july but were not posted back to the applicants

I applied on 25th May and Acknowledgement was dated 31st May

so now...............................praying for postman pat

lingra
Newly Registered

Post by lingra » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:10 am

More good news here... :P

SET(M) application sent - June 4, 2011
Received in Durham - June 7, 2011
Acknowledgement letter - dated June 14, 2011
Passport stamped in Liverpool - July 29, 2011
Documents received back - August 12, 2011

Straightforward marriage application; total processing/wait time = 9 weeks and 3 days.

Fingers crossed for everyone else who is waiting. You will get through this!
Last edited by lingra on Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

adamboston

Post by adamboston » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:14 am

chintaalfa wrote:looks like they have been processed in july but were not posted back to the applicant
I am only guessing that like 'payments' UKBA has probably given the posting task to a third party which is resulting in to further delay but I might be wrong :? :? :? In past it used to take 2-3 days, after the FLTR/ILR approval, to get the passport/docs back from the HO.

Congrats lingra and all the best dear.
Adam

'To me no human is alien - but to some no aliens are human'.

chintaalfa
Newly Registered

Post by chintaalfa » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:40 pm

can anybody let me know that if you apply through a lawyer, when the passports are sent back after stamping does it come to you or it is sent to the lawyer

many thanks

lamzat
Newly Registered

Post by lamzat » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:30 pm

Your passports will be returned to your representative. Except it is stated on the form that you want it returned to you.

livehappy
Newly Registered

need advice

Post by livehappy » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:33 am

hi All,
I submitted my application for ILR on the 21 of June, received my acknowledgement letter on the 23rd.
I have to travel on the 6th of September urgently and I cannot change this date as it is work related. now my dilemma is when should I call and request to withdraw my application. I have been reading on the forum some different information, some people saying that their passports was returned three days after request, others saying that their passports was returned 10 working days after.

what do you guys think, any advice will be really helpful, should I call on the 25 of august or should i leave it till the end of august, maybe i will receive it by then.
shall I call the home office and tell them about my urgent arrangement.

I need to mention that my ILR application is based on a marriage visa.

Thanks all for your help in advance.

erdinc
Newly Registered

Post by erdinc » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:42 am

My Set(O) application progress:

June 7th: Applied through online system, which has taken the money from credit card immediately and sent the documents on the same day
June 9th: Letter from Home Office stating application passed to case worker
August 10th: Letter from Home Office. Asking for letter from Employer confirming my employment. Also asking me to fill section 9 (Tier-1 Points Scoring Assesment) from a Set(O) form dated May 2011. On the online form I used, which they have just started using in the beginning of the June, these 2 were not mentioned.

Asked to HR to supply the employer letter and planning to send to Home Office as soon as I got the document.

Anybody in the same status?

Regards
Erdinc

Hauzen
Newly Registered

Post by Hauzen » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:04 am

Another week of waiting begins... our 4 month-old son will be shaving by the time he gets to visit his wife's family at this rate.

tom378
Newly Registered

Post by tom378 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:21 am

At last I got it!!!
I submitted SET(O) on 16th may and after a long wait for 11 weeks they satmped ILR on 2nd August and I recieved my passport back on 10th August.I was so happy that for a week i went on holidays and just back and updating.Thanks a lot for all your updates and I am sure all of you will get your ILR very soon

sab124

Post by sab124 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:29 am

@erdinc:
In the letter you received from home office, have they given the address where the this employer letter to be sent to?

Nir
Newly Registered

Set O (HSMP JR)

Post by Nir » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:17 pm

Application sent:11th June 2011
Letter of Confirmation from HO: 15th June 2011
current status: waiting......................................

erdinc
Newly Registered

Post by erdinc » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:58 pm

sab124 wrote:@erdinc:
In the letter you received from home office, have they given the address where the this employer letter to be sent to?
They sent an envelope, which has Home Office Liverpool address printed on, and my case number was handwritten.

chintaalfa
Newly Registered

ILR-Success

Post by chintaalfa » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:32 pm

Hi Guys

My lawyer informs me that MY ILR has been granted

Applied 25 May

Ack letter date 31 May

Passport arrived at lawyer on 17th August

Many thanks and good luck with your applications

I will update you all tommorow when i see the date of stamping

Hauzen
Newly Registered

Post by Hauzen » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:19 pm

Congratulations chintaalfa!

learningzone
Newly Registered

Post by learningzone » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:32 pm

Congratulations to those who have received!!!
Iam still awaiting to hear back , sent my papers on 30th April, ack letter recd dated 11May11. ANyone with simillar case (SET O) applied during that time could post if they have received theirs please?
:shock: :roll:

faadi201
Newly Registered

waiting times

Post by faadi201 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:48 pm

congratulations chintaalfa on ur ILR
I have applied on the same day as urs but i am still waiting for mine.
hope for the best and good luck to every one waiting for theirs.

Daisydee
Newly Registered

set (M)

Post by Daisydee » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:34 pm

Congratulations Chintaalfa..
My acknowledgement is dated 1st June..Keeping my fingers crossed.

demsol
Newly Registered

Post by demsol » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:51 am

After calling the HO again today, they finally gave us a tracking number. They said it was posted two days ago. Tried to get an outcome from them on the phone even though it's been posted but they declined. I've tracked the item but nothign logged as at yet on the Royal Mail Website. Now waiting for the post man to knock and hopefully bring some good news.

BTW, application was posted 9th May, Set (O) - WP.

rambler
Newly Registered

Post by rambler » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:44 pm

Straightforward SET (M) Application for wife.

SET(M) application submitted at Settlement Checking Service - June 21, 2011
Received in Durham - June 24, 2011
Acknowledgement letter Date - June 24, 2011
Passport stamped (Liverpool) - August 2, 2011
Passport received - August 18, 2011

lamzat
Newly Registered

Post by lamzat » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:58 pm

Demsol, did you include a return prepaid envelop? If not, Homeoffice packages are sent second class and you wont be able to track or collect until the third day. Special delivery is different and trackable instanta.

demsol
Newly Registered

Post by demsol » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:08 pm

"Demsol, did you include a return prepaid envelop? If not, Homeoffice packages are sent second class and you wont be able to track or collect until the third day. Special delivery is different and trackable instanta''

No, I did not include any prepaid envelope. But whatever mode of delivery the HO chose for me, they still made it trackable I would say.

Actually, I tracked the item a couple of hors ago and now have a confirmation that a collection card has been slipped through my letter hole as there was no one at home at the time. We will be picking this up at the local post office soon.

demsol
Newly Registered

Post by demsol » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:38 pm

I'm happy to let you all know that we (family of three) have picked up our package from the Royal Delivery Depot and.......it's good news.

In summary,

Category: Set(O)-Work Permit
Application Posted: 9th May 2011
Money Taken:15th May 2011
Acknowlegment Letter Received: 17th May 2011
ILR Stamped on Passport: 11th July 2011 (Almost 2 months after posting)
Passports Received: 18th August 2011 (38 days after being stamped)

Just to let you know that even though we were told on two different ocassions (last week and this week) that our application was till awaiting a decision, it might have been approved but not updated on the HO records. This may lighten up the mood of those who applied at the same time but still waiting. For others, it will surely come even though it tarries!

Finally, may I express my gratitude to all those that have shared their various experiences and I equally thank the initiative behind this forum. You all have been amazing. We hopefully will have more to share on the other side of eternity, heaven that is. God bless you all.