ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:35 pm

nazema wrote:Batley Khan

I am referring to the Sponsorship form not a sponsorship undertaking
It is the same thing. The sponsorship form is where the sponsor themselves give an undertaking to support, maintain and accommodate the applicant.

The sponsorship undertaking form is one which an ECO can demand that you undertake certain responsibilities because they are not happy that you can do without this specific undertaking.

So many people make the mistake of printing and completing the SU07 form and send that with the application. I never would advise anybody to do that as that is a legal and binding document which can and is often used to enforce to recoup money from people who claim benefits for their spouses when in fact they should not have done.

The sponsorship form an individual sends is not a legal and binding document and can not be enforced in a law of court against individual who do claim state benefits.

That is why I suggest people don't send the SU07 and instead draw one up themselves giving an indication that you will be responsible for all the costs of their spouse.

The VAF4A is the application form itself.

Hope you understand now :wink:

batleykhan

Re: visa refuse

Post by batleykhan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:41 pm

shahid khan wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
sha7860 wrote:bad news guys...my wife visa got refused.
it was refused on 28 july 2010 and we got a message from gerrys on 16 of august that its ready for collection.
we have only 20 days from the day of refusal(28 july)
we received the documents today..
im so confused only 5 more days left to appeal against that decision.
can some one please tell me where to submit that appeal.thanks and jazakallah
Don t worry, your 28 days to appeal starts from the day your RECEIVED the refusal (19/08/11), not when it was refused :wink:
iam not gree with u batlly khan it start from wen visa been refused 28/july/2011 becuse i been through this all wen i submit my application i was nearlly missed the chance of appeal becuse only 2 hours left wen my lawyer fax them my documents etc. any how you can ask u lawyer as well but iam 99% sure. ask as soon as possible because there is saturday and sunday as well lawyer doesnt work on those days.

BEST OF LUCK

ALLAHA IS THE GREATEST
Shahid please take it from me, I am right and you and whoever advised you are wrong.

The 28 days starts from the day you receive the refusal notice and not when it is refused. It takes about a week after refusal that you will get notice in your hands. That only have 21 days or even less.

nazema

Post by nazema » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:13 pm

Shahid - BatleyKhan is right. It is from the day you recieve it.

akaamir

Post by akaamir » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:13 pm

everyday_4_u wrote:Salam members again after absence of a 3 weeks. Many of new members may have joined this form. I was busy in making my appeal documents as i got refusal (few members knows) on 25th July and i have lodge appeal on 15th August and documents reached to tribunal on 17th August. I would like to ask did anybody got appeal acknowledgement letter? If yes then after how many days? Please let me know. i think SS27 or bately khan may answer being as old member and appealant or any one who might know? Thanks.

salaam how r u?my hubby received ACKNOWLEDGEMENT letter just after 3 week of lodged the appeal waiting time say on acknowledgement letter ,they will send you documment to visa section who refused our visa and immigration tribunal gave them 19 weeks for review then they will deceide to overturne or go to court.
they gave me 16/12/2011 to dependont to response and may be in new year,my husband may be get his visa in new year.this wait is worse then before.
Good Luck you will receive response in 3 weeks tym
12/04/2011.applied 18/07/2011 Refused
read for collection..16/2/12 visa GRANTED
Going to apply for stay for hubby 2014
Allah (SWT) is the Greatest..

akaamir

Post by akaamir » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:31 pm

batleykhan wrote:
shahid khan wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
it was refused on 28 july 2010 and we got a message from gerrys on 16 of august that its ready for collection.
Don t worry, your 28 days to appeal starts from the day your RECEIVED the refusal (19/08/11), not when it was refused :wink:
iam not gree with u batlly khan it start from wen visa been refused 28/july/2011 becuse i been through this all wen i submit my application i was nearlly missed the chance of appeal becuse only 2 hours left wen my lawyer fax them my documents etc. any how you can ask u lawyer as well but iam 99% sure. ask as soon as possible because there is saturday and sunday as well lawyer doesnt work on those days.

BEST OF LUCK

ALLAHA IS THE GREATEST
Shahid please take it from me, I am right and you and whoever advised you are wrong.

The 28 days starts from the day you receive the refusal notice and not when it is refused. It takes about a week after refusal that you will get notice in your hands. That only have 21 days or even less.

agree with batleykhan it start the day you received the letter not when decision made,trust him he is here to help us not mislead
im only saying this because when i received the refusal letter i thought that same the it the date when the deceided BUT no it when we RECEIVED Celender date start then.

shahid khan

Post by shahid khan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:38 pm

batleykhan wrote:
shahid khan wrote:
batleykhan wrote:

BEST OF LUCK

ALLAHA IS THE GREATEST

Batley khan it happned to me practically i also thought the same wen i went to my lawyer he told me no the date start from wen the visa is been issued or refused. iam quite sure about this becuse i been through this.

May be iam wrong but my lawyer told me this that wa smy last day wen i appealed. i heard from his mouth and i did it practically. so thats y i am saying. iam not saying it from myself i been through this, but may be lawyer did a mistake. i alwys sugest some thing wen i been through if i am not been through something then i am not sugesting. any way i hope sha
get visa and i will pray for him and please every one pray for me as well tnx

ALLAHA IS GREATE
Last edited by shahid khan on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

akaamir

Post by akaamir » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:42 pm

khan786 wrote:Salaam all just been to my court hearing today.
Home office was trying to confuse me about holiday entitlement why I changed jobs. Basically making a mountain of a hole.

But my solicitor was excellent.

He was spot on about my income. Judge got rather confused with home office rep and was getting impatient with him.

All in all I am confident my wifes appeal will be allowed hopefully by eid Inshallah!

salaam just want to know i heard they ask question to sponsore will they allow solicitor to speak behalf of you behalf of you.
did you solicitor spoke or just sit there to make you comfort front of immigration judge.please reply....

akaamir

Post by akaamir » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:03 pm

nazema wrote:Hi aaa123,

I am not from Mirpur but you have to do the TB test via IOM and the address i gave is of the office in Mirpur. You can either ring or email them to arrange an appointment. Telephone number is 0511 1146 6472. If you want email address let me know.

You need evidence of contact as this is the main reason of rejection at moment. Greeting cards, skype, calling records, etc are necessary.

A covering letter would be a letter explaining your circumstances and why you are applying now, i.e. why gap? and any other weakness of your case should be explained and also about your relationship.

I am not sure what you mean by sponsorship letter, if you mean a sponsorship form which is done in front of a solicitor then that is definitely needed.

Anything else, feel free to ask.

Shahid Khan - it means within next few days, i.e. a week or so you should get a message to pick up passport.

Zara01 - it would be better if you would email BHC.

I have been told by Shadow86 that Aakhmir has created a new spreadsheet, I have tried contacting him as it is password protected. I am willing to amend the spreadsheet on a daily basis as I found it really useful and I am sure it will be to people who have applied. So would Aakhmir contact me please or anyone else who has control of it. Thanks
you can monitor the spreadsheet NOW if you want i have try to do but im very busy couldnt get time to monitor..
thanks

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:29 pm

Thanks 4 ur replies ppl
u r very helping may Allah grant ur spouse a visa ang give u sabr

khan786

Post by khan786 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:33 pm

akaamir wrote:
khan786 wrote:Salaam all just been to my court hearing today.
Home office was trying to confuse me about holiday entitlement why I changed jobs. Basically making a mountain of a hole.

But my solicitor was excellent.

He was spot on about my income. Judge got rather confused with home office rep and was getting impatient with him.

All in all I am confident my wifes appeal will be allowed hopefully by eid Inshallah!

salaam just want to know i heard they ask question to sponsore will they allow solicitor to speak behalf of you behalf of you.
did you solicitor spoke or just sit there to make you comfort front of immigration judge.please reply....
Ok what happens is that judge sat opposite myself and my solicitor on one table to the right and home office rep on one table the the left.

my solicitor asked me to introduce myself and address and i answered that all information i have given i correct ect.( saying yes parrot fasion)

Next the judge asked the home office rep what the case is about then asked my solicitor the same.

Next the home office rep asked me questions. only i was allowed to speak.

Next my solictor spoke on my behalf.

Then judge asked me questions also in between for clarification.

Then what happens is that home office rep says why this visa should not be allowed, same with my solicitor why it should.

then judge asked both parties their oppinion on why the eco refused the application.

Also in regards to appeal notice u have 28 days to appeal from the date u physically recieve the notice of refusal.
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

zara01
Newly Registered

Post by zara01 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:30 pm

shahid khan wrote:
zara01 wrote:
shahid khan wrote:Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email. The application will be dealt with shortly and returned to Gerrys . You can track this by logging onto the website www.ukvacpk.com

Yours sincerely,

any one got msg like this if yes please tell me how long then it took wen gery text u to collect passport from them
After how long did they reply back to your email...?
hi zara
they have replied me after one week. mine application is also in 13 weeks
wen did u submit ur application?
Hiya,
our application was submitted on 02/05/2011, I have e-mailed BHC twice now but have not rec'd a reply and its been over 13 weeks...I pray to Allah Taala to give me patients to wait as its really getting difficult now...

shahid khan

Post by shahid khan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:05 pm

zara01 wrote:
shahid khan wrote:
zara01 wrote:
shahid khan wrote:Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email. The application will be dealt with shortly and returned to Gerrys . You can track this by logging onto the website www.ukvacpk.com

Yours sincerely,

any one got msg like this if yes please tell me how long then it took wen gery text u to collect passport from them
After how long did they reply back to your email...?
hi zara
they have replied me after one week. mine application is also in 13 weeks
wen did u submit ur application?
Hiya,
our application was submitted on 02/05/2011, I have e-mailed BHC twice now but have not rec'd a reply and its been over 13 weeks...I pray to Allah Taala to give me patients to wait as its really getting difficult now...
wat u have to do send an email to visa.abudh​abi@fco.gov​.uk
then may be they will help u. i have sent them an email then they forwrd to visaenquiries.islamabad@fco.gov.uk .then i got reply from visaenquiries.islamabad@fco.gov.uk. you should do the same and explain it nicly. its been to long. inshalaha you will get good news soon.

ALLAHA IS THE GREATEST

PakKnight
Newly Registered

Post by PakKnight » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:39 am

Salaam. I hope you are all well and ramadan is goin well for you.

My brothers wifes status has today changed to "Your application is ready for collection"

"Application date 6/15/2011"

She applied at the same time as my wife but my wifes got granted pretty quick about 3 weeks. Please make dua that my brothers wifes application is also successfull so our family can be done with this stressful process :| She will pick up on Monday inshallah. So I will update you asap.

Those of you still waiting please be patient and I pray that you all have successfull outcomes in the very near future, inshallah.

ss27

Post by ss27 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:33 am

PakKnight wrote:Salaam. I hope you are all well and ramadan is goin well for you.

My brothers wifes status has today changed to "Your application is ready for collection"

"Application date 6/15/2011"

She applied at the same time as my wife but my wifes got granted pretty quick about 3 weeks. Please make dua that my brothers wifes application is also successfull so our family can be done with this stressful process :| She will pick up on Monday inshallah. So I will update you asap.

Those of you still waiting please be patient and I pray that you all have successfull outcomes in the very near future, inshallah.

Wa salam

Good Luchk Mate

Inshallah u will have good news

remember in ur prayers

farzana_uk
Newly Registered

Post by farzana_uk » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:08 am

Bateley khan is right, your 28days to appeal starts on the day u collect your passport, not the date it was refused.
Your solicter advised u wrong, maybe so that he could charge u more??

sha7860
Newly Registered

visa refuse

Post by sha7860 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:25 pm

slam to every1
i have few questions to ask.
1.MY wife application was refused on 18/08/11 but we do not want to appeal as it takes long time.MY question is:
Can we submit a fresh application for my wife spouse visa.
Do we have to wait for our appeal granted days to pass by.. or we can apply any time as we are not going to do the appeal for her refusal visa decision.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:04 pm

sha7860 wrote:slam to every1
i have few questions to ask.
1.MY wife application was refused on 18/08/11 but we do not want to appeal as it takes long time.MY question is:
Can we submit a fresh application for my wife spouse visa.
Do we have to wait for our appeal granted days to pass by.. or we can apply any time as we are not going to do the appeal for her refusal visa decision.
It depends on what you've got refused for. From my limited knowledge, it's best to appeal if you've given documents and they've refused. All that might happen is you get refused for the same reason again? Also if you appeal through a solicitor, they will tell you what you need to fight back, it will take time, sadly these idiots only know how to work slowly, but then they legal guys will fight your case for you and these legal dudes know how to win cases.

What were the reasons given for the VISA refusal?

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:34 pm

Couple of question, this famed "spreadsheet" what is it and where is it?

Secondly how long does it take to register a Nikah Nama in Pakistan?

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:52 pm

'spreadsheet' is the databas that shows ppls status once they applied for their /theri partners visa...and it allows us to see hwo long their decison has been made in etc..

a bro on hjere called shadow86 used to update it for us but now hes left us..his visa got the visa so...busy busy busy..

umm..i heard sum1 else ws gna keep us posted of the spreadsheet but dunno whats hapening..akaamir/nazema i think

i duno wher every1 has gone..its really quiet nowadays...mayb cos its ramadhan..

about the nikah namah...im not sure tbh so il let one of the others answer that question for u..

GOOD LUCK and MAY ALLAH ACCEPT ALL OUR DUAS IN THIS BLESSED MONTH....AMEEN

sha7860
Newly Registered

king2be98

Post by sha7860 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:57 pm

the reason was i put the tenancy agreement but did not put any property inspection report.its my grandfather house and i share with him as a tenant.
he also said that no proof of utility bills etc.
i spoke to a solictor and he said if u should have got a letter from ur landlord saying that all the utility bills are included in his rent and he (landlord) is paying all the bills (plus proof of the bill what ur landlord paid).
And obviously i can get the property inspection report done, as i never heard about it before.(its a three bedroom house and my grandfather and mother live in that house with me).
my solictor said to me that as long as you dont appeal you can apply for fresh case as u already know what documents u missed in the previous application..

what do u think ....is it a good idea to go ahead with that...as appeal can take up to a year...
thanks for ur help
regards shahid...

king2be98
- thin ice -

Re: king2be98

Post by king2be98 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:10 pm

sha7860 wrote: what do u think ....is it a good idea to go ahead with that...as appeal can take up to a year...
thanks for ur help
regards shahid...
Personally, I would explain to a couple of other lawyers and ask them. Either way they make money, so maybe they'll actually point you in the right direction.

It doesn't mean you have to sign up with them, just that you get an idea, I do the same all the time and give some fake numbers so when they call back they get no reply.

I don't do it to cheat or lie, but just to get an idea of costs. In my case I found the expensive lawyers to be very forthright about matters and the cheap ones to be a bit hesistant.

My personal opinion is to go through with an appeal if you can wait and money is an issue. If money isn't and you need it urgently, then you can apply, but don't do it without asking a few legal and immigration experts first.

batleykhan

Re: king2be98

Post by batleykhan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:02 pm

sha7860 wrote:the reason was i put the tenancy agreement but did not put any property inspection report.its my grandfather house and i share with him as a tenant.
he also said that no proof of utility bills etc.
i spoke to a solictor and he said if u should have got a letter from ur landlord saying that all the utility bills are included in his rent and he (landlord) is paying all the bills (plus proof of the bill what ur landlord paid).
And obviously i can get the property inspection report done, as i never heard about it before.(its a three bedroom house and my grandfather and mother live in that house with me).
my solictor said to me that as long as you dont appeal you can apply for fresh case as u already know what documents u missed in the previous application..

what do u think ....is it a good idea to go ahead with that...as appeal can take up to a year...
thanks for ur help
regards shahid...
If its just a case that you didn't send a property inspection report to show that there is enough space for all you to live in the rented accommodation, then I would do one straightaway and appeal against the decision, if this was the only reason for refusal rather than lodge a new application and spend a further unnecessary a thousand pounds.

There is a possibility that upon receipt of appeal and , the ECM may overturn the decisions without it going to a full appeal hearing providing this was the only reason. You should always post the exact reason for refusal, so experts can tell you what it really means .

If you want and can afford to do so, you can lodge a fresh application at any time, even if you have appealed. You can do both at the same time if you want.

If you appeal, you have 28 days to do it in.

Hope this helps

everyday_4_u

Post by everyday_4_u » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:02 am

According to the Law, it is the imam (Priest) responsibility to register the nikah nama. When he put his stamp on the right bottom of nikah nama page that proves itself marriage has registered legally. Because he is Nikkah registrar and authorized person. But some monkies sitting in Embassy do not understand this and just assumed the marriage unregistered which is not reality. May be they intentionally do it to make applicant frustrated or to give him little hassle to delay the process.
It did not take longer, normally it is registered within 2 working days and priest (Nikkah Khawan) submit one copy of Nikkah after stamping to Union Council office of that area where marriage take place.

2) Spreadsheet is just like a database of some members who applied in different dates from Pakistan. Actually it helps the other follow members to see the performance of British Embassy of Islamabad, one can make a rough guess about his application time limit observing the past experiences of members in Spreadsheet. One guy called Shadow86 used to monitor that spreadsheet but since he got his visa then he left and nobody else is monitoring it. I hope you got the idea.

king2be98 wrote:Couple of question, this famed "spreadsheet" what is it and where is it?

Secondly how long does it take to register a Nikah Nama in Pakistan?

vsimplek

Post by vsimplek » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:29 am

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:18 am

vsimplek wrote:
Thank you and and thanks to everyday4u.

There seems to be a sequence of problems that are re-occurring on the spreadsheet. One of them to with housing documents and the other one which bothers me and I don't know how I can do it without lying, is the communication.

Since I will be applying straight after the marriage (provided the nikah nama is registered) I don't know if they'll want proof of contact. My friend just sent calling cards and his got accepted last year. Another friend didn't even the application himself, his sister did and apparently they sent no proof of communication.

So it seems these decision makers just pick and choose to suit themselves. Which is really sad, because I've read on this thread alone, whilst there are some people who provide inadequate evidence, there are others who provide ample evidence and still rejected.

One other question, sorry if I'm bombarding you with them.

Does the status of the girl's nadra card or passport etc have to be changed? ie from single to married?