ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few ILR questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

indyjukebox
Newly Registered

Few ILR questions

Post by indyjukebox » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:41 pm

Hello everyone.
Im a new member and had a few questions about an imminent ILR application. I have been on a HSMP from June 2006 - 2008 and then Tier 1 General for the next 3 years. Comming up to my 5 yr period in August when I can apply for ILR.

As most people agree the new SEt (O) is quite confusing in more than a few places:

Section 3: opinion seems to be split between choosing Tier 1 applying under HSMP forum JR or HSMP ILR JR. Any updates as to whats best.

Section 9: with either of the above it would seem that we do not need to fill in section 9, but document section 10L states that we need to provide evidence specified in 9a of the form. Is this correct or have I got it completely wrong?

Lastly cohabitation documents: this is quite sparse as my wife was unemployed till earlier this year so did not pay any bills/receive documents. What can I do to prevent this from causing a problem ?

Finally: any advantage of in-person application over a postal one?

Many thanks for all your help.

indyjukebox
Newly Registered

Post by indyjukebox » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Any one help on this?

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: Few ILR questions

Post by mk357 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:33 pm

indyjukebox wrote:Hello everyone.
Im a new member and had a few questions about an imminent ILR application. I have been on a HSMP from June 2006 - 2008 and then Tier 1 General for the next 3 years. Comming up to my 5 yr period in August when I can apply for ILR.

As most people agree the new SEt (O) is quite confusing in more than a few places:

Section 3: opinion seems to be split between choosing Tier 1 applying under HSMP forum JR or HSMP ILR JR. Any updates as to whats best.

Section 9: with either of the above it would seem that we do not need to fill in section 9, but document section 10L states that we need to provide evidence specified in 9a of the form. Is this correct or have I got it completely wrong?

Lastly cohabitation documents: this is quite sparse as my wife was unemployed till earlier this year so did not pay any bills/receive documents. What can I do to prevent this from causing a problem ?

T1G under HSMP JR review
10G
You could submit bank statements, NHS card, utility bills, council tax or any Government letter in joint names for the last 2 years.

sonrak
Newly Registered

Re: Few ILR questions

Post by sonrak » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:49 pm

indyjukebox wrote:Hello everyone.
NIm a new member and had a few questions about an imminent ILR application. I have been on a HSMP from June 2006 - 2008 and then Tier 1 General for the next 3 years. Comming up to my 5 yr period in August when I can apply for ILR.

Section 9: with either of the above it would seem that we do not need to fill in section 9, but document section 10L states that we need to provide evidence specified in 9a of the form. Is this correct or have I got it
completely wrong?
Hi
I ticked applying under Hsmp JR and also did not fill section 9 at all. They also did not want LIUK certificate. For cohabitation gave council letter which was in same name and joint bank account. Applied in person at Solihull.

indyjukebox
Newly Registered

Post by indyjukebox » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:20 am

With regards to postal or PEO submission, which seems to be a better option if at all there is such a thing?

fora

Post by fora » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:05 pm

U r covered by Judicial Review Policy documant and u do not need 2 years cohabitation at all

fora

Post by fora » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:08 pm

Q - Does my spouse qualify with me for ILR?
A - For old style WP holders and HSMP migrants covered by HSMP JRs, all (adult) dependants qualify for ILR along with main applicant irrespective of length of stay in UK (196E). For all other economic migrants (Tier 1 General), Tier 2), (adult) dependants must have lived in the UK for at least 2 years in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership
read sticky first

ILR4ME
Newly Registered

Post by ILR4ME » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:01 am

@indyjukebox

hi, i too am in the same situation to apply this tue. Have u applied & if so, what option did u choose....10G or 10L?

indyjukebox
Newly Registered

Post by indyjukebox » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:46 am

No I have not applied yet, due to do so in the next few days. Postal application though.

I currently have 60 months of pay slips/P60's, photographs and last 3 months bank statements. It would seem I dont need cohabitation documents, but I will send what I have for the last few months.

Do I still need to resend my marriage certificates etc?

Do I need any employer letters. There seems to be a lot of talk about this on the forum although the SEt(O) form makes no mention of this? Any suggestions and am I missing anything else?

Also for the HSMP JR is there a minimum required bank balance and if so how much is it?

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:09 pm

indyjukebox wrote:No I have not applied yet, due to do so in the next few days. Postal application though.

I currently have 60 months of pay slips/P60's, photographs and last 3 months bank statements. It would seem I dont need cohabitation documents, but I will send what I have for the last few months.

Do I still need to resend my marriage certificates etc?

Do I need any employer letters. There seems to be a lot of talk about this on the forum although the SEt(O) form makes no mention of this? Any suggestions and am I missing anything else?

Also for the HSMP JR is there a minimum required bank balance and if so how much is it?
(1) Don't need a marriage certificate, if your spouse has already got dependant visa.
(2) Many CWs ask for Employer Letter although its not strictly needed but always better to have one.
(3) No minimum Bank Bal required for HSMP JR. However, you should be able to pay your Visas fee.

indyjukebox
Newly Registered

Post by indyjukebox » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Thanks for the reply. Very helpful. Could I ask if I am forgetting any other documents. It would seem I am sending a lot less paper work than I did the last 2 times.

Also can some one confirm I dont need to fill in Section 9 and that 10L doesnt apply to me due to the ILR JR.

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:59 pm

indyjukebox wrote:Thanks for the reply. Very helpful. Could I ask if I am forgetting any other documents. It would seem I am sending a lot less paper work than I did the last 2 times.

Also can some one confirm I dont need to fill in Section 9 and that 10L doesnt apply to me due to the ILR JR.
If you are covered by JR then you don't need the LIUK test for ILR but you would need it for Citizenship.

indyjukebox
Newly Registered

Post by indyjukebox » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:19 pm

Thanks, I did confirm that with the home office as well. Just need clarification re: section 9 & 10L.