ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 Year Continuous Residence ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Colours
Newly Registered

Post by Colours » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:25 am

Hello Forum

I would like to express my gratitude for invaluable contributions made by members, moderators, and the guru's on this forum. This is simply marvelous, the time and the effort taken by the members to answer the most complicated queries with the corresponding hyperlinks is phenomenal.

This is my first post, la_donga, thelastman, chorc123 - you guys are truly an inspiration to me and I congratulate all of you for your success in obtaining ILR. My case is not different to yours and here is the brief summary:-

Arrived: April 1998 as Student and subsequently granted successful extensions until February 2004 and then Overstayed.

My question to all of you is to please point me in the right direction - I am eligible to make long residence application in March 2012 for that I need to be able to have a good solicitor who can take my case and make successful application. I would be thankful if you could pm me as the board strictly prohibits you from advertising or promoting any business.

With regards to the Character, Conduct and Reference letters from friends and families, I profoundly request you for a template which will then give an insight to what and how the contents should be.

I thank you all for your time.

Colours.

zebra3

Ilr

Post by zebra3 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:22 pm

a question I sent to the UKBA under FOI act asking about 14 years applications.

interesting reply

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/6 ... r.pdf.html

zebra3

Re: Newbie

Post by zebra3 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:27 pm

Colours wrote:Hello Forum

I would like to express my gratitude for invaluable contributions made by members, moderators, and the guru's on this forum. This is simply marvelous, the time and the effort taken by the members to answer the most complicated queries with the corresponding hyperlinks is phenomenal.

This is my first post, la_donga, thelastman, chorc123 - you guys are truly an inspiration to me and I congratulate all of you for your success in obtaining ILR. My case is not different to yours and here is the brief summary:-

Arrived: April 1998 as Student and subsequently granted successful extensions until February 2004 and then Overstayed.

My question to all of you is to please point me in the right direction - I am eligible to make long residence application in March 2012 for that I need to be able to have a good solicitor who can take my case and make successful application. I would be thankful if you could pm me as the board strictly prohibits you from advertising or promoting any business.

With regards to the Character, Conduct and Reference letters from friends and families, I profoundly request you for a template which will then give an insight to what and how the contents should be.

Colours.
hello colours

you need to count 14 years to the day from the day you entered the UK as long as you dont have any removal notices served on you??, having a solicitor would help, and as for the documents to produce is ,
anything with your name and address spread over the year for each of the 14 years. you need the form SET(0)
for references you can add them to the application as there is no harm and as they say every little helps.
I am due to apply for mine on August the 10th and can't wait

Good luck

la_donga
Newly Registered

Re: Newbie

Post by la_donga » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:05 pm

Colours wrote:Hello Forum

Colours.
Hello Colours,

With regards to finding a good solicitor I am afraid I am not able to help you cos a solicitor friend of mine helped me with the cover letter (the cover letter is very important). So I wish you all the best with finding a good solicitor.

With regards to the character/refernce letters it needs to be in standard reference letter format either on a letterhead if the person providing the reference has one. If not the contact details of the person writing the letter would go on the top of the letter. Then it can be either addressed to UKBA directly or it can be "To whom it may concern". Either way it won't make any difference.
The contents of the letter should cover basically an introduction by the person who is providing the reference at the start of the letter.
Then they need to say in what capacity (work or social) they know you and how long they have known you.
The last paragraph should cover the virtues of your character and that they are happy to provide any further details that maybe required.

I hope it answers your questions and wish you all the best with your application. If anything is unclear in my post, post your queries here and I will be more than happy to answer them if I can.

Best of luck.

Colours
Newly Registered

Thank you

Post by Colours » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:10 pm

Zebra3, I thank you for the great link about the processing time for the long residence application, and I wish you all the best of luck in this world for your application. Applications submitted this year are processed far more quicker than the last year, I would imagine your application should not take more than 12 weeks and I keep my fingers crossed. Do keep us posted on your application.

la_donga, thank you very much for detailing how the character reference letter should be. Another query is, I have to take Life in the UK Test, and having checked the identity requirement; they do accept expired passports as formal identification on the date of the test, as mine expired. Have you or anyone taken the test on expired passport or on any other identity documents?

zebra3

Re: Thank you

Post by zebra3 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:59 pm

Colours wrote:Zebra3, I thank you for the great link about the processing time for the long residence application, and I wish you all the best of luck in this world for your application. Applications submitted this year are processed far more quicker than the last year, I would imagine your application should not take more than 12 weeks and I keep my fingers crossed. Do keep us posted on your application.

la_donga, thank you very much for detailing how the character reference letter should be. Another query is, I have to take Life in the UK Test, and having checked the identity requirement; they do accept expired passports as formal identification on the date of the test, as mine expired. Have you or anyone taken the test on expired passport or on any other identity documents?
Hi Colours,

info taken of http://lifeintheuktest.ukba.homeoffice. ... ng_10.html

Are there any identification requirements?

Yes, you need to bring photographic ID with you to your test centre to present to the test supervisor. You must bring one of the following forms of ID (please note photos on all documents must be a true likeness of you for them to be accepted):

a passport (from your country of origin) - this document may be out of date
a UK photocard driving licence, full or provisional - this document must be in date
one of the following Home Office travel documents: a Convention Travel Document (CTD), a Certificate of Identity Document (CID) or a Stateless Person Document (SPD) - this document must be in date
an Immigration Status Document, endorsed with a UK Residence Permit and bearing a photo of the holder - this document may be out of date
Home Office Identity Card - ID Card will show the holder's status and entitlements (e.g. Employment Prohibited)

chorc123

update situation

Post by chorc123 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:04 pm

One of us new ILR application has been sent out yesterday.
I am hoping it will go through quickly!!!!

Colours
Newly Registered

All the best

Post by Colours » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Chorc123, wishing you all the success with your ILR Application.

Colours.

DarkKnight007
Newly Registered

Post by DarkKnight007 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:02 am

First of all many thanks to all the people who have made this website for people like us. It’s a great source of information and advice from the moderators and fellow members.

Congratulations’ to “thelastmanâ€

chorc123

Post by chorc123 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:37 pm

[quote="DarkKnight007"]First of all many thanks to all the people who have made this website for people like us. It’s a great source of information and advice from the moderators and fellow members.

Congratulations’ to “thelastmanâ€

rajjaji
Newly Registered

Post by rajjaji » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:23 pm

Quick update after 26 months of waiting and all other family members receiving a positive outcome. I received my ILR today.
You can read about my situation on the following link.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 602#531602

Rajjaji

chorc123

Post by chorc123 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:29 pm

rajjaji wrote:Quick update after 26 months of waiting and all other family members receiving a positive outcome. I received my ILR today.
You can read about my situation on the following link.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 602#531602

Rajjaji
Congrats to all of you. Mine is not so luckly. I have made a fresh application 2 months ago, but not even acknowledgement letter, no reply, no news. As we have been messed around with previous 'solicitor' for years.
Anyway, enjoy your new life.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:21 am

zebra3 wrote:Anyone on this board applied under the 14 years long residence rule? Please put your time Lines

mine:

Sent Application: 9th August 2011
Acknowledgment letter dated: 12th August 2011
Letter Arrived to my Solicitor: 18th August 2011
Payments taken: 17th August 2011 (paid by cheque)

Good luck to All
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Lcity
Newly Registered

Post by Lcity » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:02 am

Hi KKPM75,
1-You can get a letter from your GP to prove that you were registered with them for the period you have been here.
2-You also call or write to HM Revenue and customs who can write you a letter showing all the years that you have worked and paid tax here
3-You can also ask all the former employers to write references for the times that you worked for them
4-If you attended college you can show them all the paper work that you have for this period
5-If you you have friends that can confirm that they have known you whilst you have been here for this particular period, that would also be helpful
6- if you still have your original passport it should also show the date of your first entry to the UK and the visa extensions that you applied for before you overstayed
I hope this will be of help.

Lcity
Newly Registered

Post by Lcity » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:49 am

sushdmehta wrote:
zebra3 wrote:Anyone on this board applied under the 14 years long residence rule? Please put your time Lines

mine:

Good luck to All
Application sent: 30/09/11
Application received by Ukba:03/10/11
Acknowledgement letter dated:04/10/11
Acknowledgement letter received07/10/11
Payment by bankers draft
Good luck to all
Lcity.

richard40
Newly Registered

14 year rule

Post by richard40 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:09 am

Hi I would like to apply for ilr.. I have read some of the thread and everyone has diffrent stories...

Can you let me if i do the following it will help me case.. I arrive in the uk in some 23 yr on a 6month visitior visa, i have being here ever since i got 5 kids my common law wife of 17yrs.. Of all the yrs here i have work ed for companies and of late i am self employed..

I have all doc to show i am here the last 17yr but not the last 6 yr.. so the 14 yr set o wold suit me.. Does anyone know if the ukba contact the people to cross reffrence you doc?

But set o asked for passport and the life test ..I dont have my passport , i contact my embassy they said it could be 4 -5 month .. ans i have no ID to take the life test.

I was thinking of walking into the the ukba office and tell them of my position before they found me, is that the best way to go about it?

zebra3

Post by zebra3 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:36 am

I dont think walking into UKBA office will solve anything to be honest. you can use an expired passprt to sit a life in UK test.

richard40
Newly Registered

Post by richard40 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:49 am

I don't have my old passport or any ID. It was the advise of a solictor who said its best to let the ukba know that I am here. He said they would grant me temporary addmission to get all my doc in order, and I can't work. I paid £200 for the advise. I really don't know.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:39 am

richard40 wrote:I don't have my old passport or any ID. It was the advise of a solictor who said its best to let the ukba know that I am here. He said they would grant me temporary addmission to get all my doc in order, and I can't work. I paid £200 for the advise. I really don't know.

I suggest go with your solicitors advice.But be aware UKBA might try and remove you but i doubt they will since you have strong article 8.

Is there anyway you could get your passport sooner?

Lcity
Newly Registered

Post by Lcity » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:47 am

Lcity wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:

mine:

Good luck to All
Application sent: 30/09/11
Application received by Ukba:03/10/11
Acknowledgement letter dated:04/10/11
Acknowledgement letter received07/10/11
Payment by bankers draft
Good luck to all

Lcity.

Hi Zebra3,
I pray and wish you all the best as you approach your 14 th week. I am looking up to you as it seems it's just you and I that are waiting under this category.
Good luck.
Lcity.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:50 pm

Lcity wrote:I pray and wish you all the best as you approach your 14 th week.
zebra3 was granted ILR 3 weeks ago.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

lostlove
Newly Registered

Post by lostlove » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:25 pm

To everyone waiting under 14 year, I have just received my passport back with my indefinite leave stamp. my time line is as follows:

Application sent on: 10/09/11
Acknowledgement letter dated: 14/09/11
Passport stamped: 07/11/11
Passport received: 16/11/11

I applied under 14 year residences even though my DLR was due to expire beginning of december.
hope this helps
Good luck to every one waiting please keep hope

Kid DXL
Newly Registered

Post by Kid DXL » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:34 am

Application sent: 12/10/11
Application received by Ukba: 14/10/11
Acknowledgement letter dated: 14/10/11
payment taken from account: 14/10/11

chorc123

bad news

Post by chorc123 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:55 am

I have to re submit my ILR application form today after almost 5 months waiting. I did not receive acknowledgement letter at all. Then, my MP wrote to them and received their reply after few weeks. They said they did not receive my application form at all. However, my rep received all my file back and offered refund from UKBA. Then, I was told I have to sign a new form and new photos and I have sent the new one out again today!!! My application was mislaid somewhere until my MP wrote to them. How can they? and how bad luck I am in?

Lcity
Newly Registered

Re: bad news

Post by Lcity » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:36 am

chorc123 wrote:I have to re submit my ILR application form today after almost 5 months waiting. I did not receive acknowledgement letter at all. Then, my MP wrote to them and received their reply after few weeks. They said they did not receive my application form at all. However, my rep received all my file back and offered refund from UKBA. Then, I was told I have to sign a new form and new photos and I have sent the new one out again today!!! My application was mislaid somewhere until my MP wrote to them. How can they? and how bad luck I am in?
Hi Chorc123,
I feel for you especially after waiting for 5 months. Was the application not sent by recorded delivery?. By the sound of it, it seems that the UKBA got the application fee and then refunded it, how was that possible?
I am in my tenth week waiting at the moment and it's not easy at all as am not working as well. Life seems to be on hold I don't know how long for.
I wish you all the best in your new application.
Lcity.