ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing from PSW to Tier 2 General Salary Requirement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Richard007
Barbados

Changing from PSW to Tier 2 General Salary Requirement

Post by Richard007 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:18 pm

I have been working for my current employer as a Graduate software engineer with a post study visa for 10 months and now they are looking to get a COS for me, however I was made aware that the home Office would require a six months pay slip as proof for the exemption of the labour market residency test and also to check if I meet the salary requirement. I checked and discovered that I only satisfied the salary requirement when I got a pay rise two months ago which brings me to my question. Would the fact that I only met the salary requirements after getting a raise two months ago affect my application, keeping in mind that by the time I make my application I would have worked for 4 months since my pay rise hence the first two pay slip among the six will reflect my old salary within the last six months? Thanks for you assistance

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:08 pm

If you get paid the required amount at the time you make the application its sufficient enough.

Say you get 25K and your requirement is 29K, You have to make sure at the time of application you earn 29K

Payslips are sent to prove you worked for the company for the X amount of months not to prove how much you earn. UKBA will check whether you're earning the correct amount if they come for an audit. So make sure you don't fake it.

:)

Richard007
Barbados

Post by Richard007 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:50 pm

I'll do my best...Lol

I thought as much though. Thanks’ so much madona587 for clearing that up for me at least now that’s out of the way.
Please I need to ask another question regarding the whole SOC code if you can help me.

The SOC code that applies to me is “2132â€