ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Children tax credits or tax credits benefits Tier 1 General

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

karpu

Children tax credits or tax credits benefits Tier 1 General

Post by karpu » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:59 am

Hi Team,

I need some help and suggestions from you regarding child tax benefits or Tax Credits. I am on Tier 1 General Dependent Visa and came to UK Sep, 2010. My wife is primary applicant and came with me in Sep 2010 to UK and went back to India in same month 2010 as she was 3rd month pregnant. Now I have a 6 months old baby boy in India and they are joining me next month.

Now the question is can I claim tax benefits for my baby or Tax Credits?

Can I claim tax benefits for my wife pregnancy period?

We are Indian citizens living in UK on Tier 1 General Visa (HSMP) and our visa is valid till 2013.

I know it was clearly mentioned on visa page that not entitled to public funds, but, some people are saying that I can claim child tax credits and benefits. No other public funds. I am bit confused.

I am very new to this and I don’t have any idea about this. Could someone please suggest what steps I need to take?

Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions.

karpu

Please delete the post

Post by karpu » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:10 am

Admin, I am very sorry i go the answer please delete this post.

alpesh0009
Newly Registered

Re: Children tax credits or tax credits benefits Tier 1 Gene

Post by alpesh0009 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:37 pm

karpu wrote:Hi Team,

I need some help and suggestions from you regarding child tax benefits or Tax Credits. I am on Tier 1 General Dependent Visa and came to UK Sep, 2010. My wife is primary applicant and came with me in Sep 2010 to UK and went back to India in same month 2010 as she was 3rd month pregnant. Now I have a 6 months old baby boy in India and they are joining me next month.

Now the question is can I claim tax benefits for my baby or Tax Credits?

Can I claim tax benefits for my wife pregnancy period?

We are Indian citizens living in UK on Tier 1 General Visa (HSMP) and our visa is valid till 2013.

I know it was clearly mentioned on visa page that not entitled to public funds, but, some people are saying that I can claim child tax credits and benefits. No other public funds. I am bit confused.

I am very new to this and I don’t have any idea about this. Could someone please suggest what steps I need to take?

Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions.

hi you can not claim for child tax credit because it is public fund and your visa not allow to do that.
for child benefit it is confuse because if you can see you next extension of visa form then both of child tax credit and child benefit is public fund if you claim now then you have to declare for your next visa extension application form and HO will reject you on this that you use public fund