ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No of days outside UK exceeded 450 days in past 5 years

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

krish4u
Newly Registered

No of days outside UK exceeded 450 days in past 5 years

Post by krish4u » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:33 pm

Hi

First of all I apologise if this question has been already asked and answered.

In the last five years I have been outside UK for 653 days(Most of it work related). In the final year I have been outside for only 80 days which is less than the allowed limit (90 days).

While applying the Naturalisation application at the council service, the application reviewer wrote a small note that "Customer has been informed that there is 50 - 50 chance of acceptence/Rejection of application as the no. of days outside UK has been exceeded (Allowed 450days).

I have told them that the note will actually gives a negative thought and case worker might reject the application. They Said I need not worry.

Also explained them that I was in same situation while applying for my PR and the lady over there told me that there is a vast difference between PR and Naturalisation.

Also she said that there is a less chance that they might reject my application, they might consider Discretion and accept the application as all the taxes during my work has been paid in UK. Is there anyone, got naturalisation who has gone through similar situation as me(Working abroad for longer periods).

Your prompt reply would be much appreciated, My application date was 20th Aug 2011.

Thanks in advance,
Krish.

gc123

Post by gc123 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:59 pm

Others will advise but I think that is way too many days absence and would be surprised if discretion is applied in such a case.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:09 pm

This is subject to discretion and depends on other circumstances. The fact that you have less than 90 days in the last year improve your chances.

If you have set your family and home in the UK, this will also improve your chances.

See 4.1.2.

krish4u
Newly Registered

Post by krish4u » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:02 pm

Thanks for your inputs, Just wanted to know if someone has gone through the same situation as mine, and got naturalised.

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:04 am

krish4u wrote:Thanks for your inputs, Just wanted to know if someone has gone through the same situation as mine, and got naturalised.
I was away for 447 days in total and less than 90 days in the final year of application. Most of my visits are work related and I worked for the same employer all the time. I am actually a senior lecturer in an university. I paid tax and NI all the time here. I got my BC last March.

krish4u
Newly Registered

Post by krish4u » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:07 am

Thanks for your reply,

Your case is straight forward, Less then 450 days and less than 90 days in last year is no big problem, and one would surprise if you didn't get BC.

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:07 pm

krish4u wrote:Thanks for your reply,

Your case is straight forward, Less then 450 days and less than 90 days in last year is no big problem, and one would surprise if you didn't get BC.
You are right. But when I got the ILR I got more number of days than the allowed limit. I got the employer's letter to explain those UK absences. Mostly if that worked during ILR then during BC application also it might. Keep your fingers crossed and wait for the approval letter.

krish4u
Newly Registered

Post by krish4u » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:14 pm

Cheers mate, that little encouragement would do, but even i thought the same, when they give ILR, why not BC?

But the lady told me that they are completely two different cases, and started explaining that for being a BC you need to be in the country, like the country and culture, but cos you are out of the country, we dont have enough evidence that you like the culture and country, I was like ofcourse I have seen the culture of the country 2 weeks ago in London :) She laughed and told me that cos I'm paying taxes in UK, fingers crossed.... Anyways thanks for the input. Much appreciated :)

krish4u
Newly Registered

Post by krish4u » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:23 am

Hi all,

Got an approval letter today, So mine is a best example that anyone who is working abroad for a longer time and getting paid in UK and intended to make UK as home in future will have high chances of getting UK citizenship,

Thanks to all who have made thei inputs, the processing time was around 7 weeks.

Good luck!