ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bad experience with passport office

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dublintogalway

Bad experience with passport office

Post by dublintogalway » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:27 pm

Hi guys,

i had applied for passport and they turned down my application by sending me the letter for refusal..luckily..i got it sorted and now passport will be issued soon..
read story below....
i got letter stating that passport can not be issued as you have sent laminated CON and birth certificate. They asked me to submit both the documents with out lamination. I told them that i don't have anyother copy of original documents and if i will remove lamination then these documents will be of no use:)
i explained that i got laminated CON from INIS and it's not my fault then she says that this CON does not look original to me:) I was really surprised to hear that..
anyhow after much discussion they agreed to accept that everything is ok and passport will be issued soon.
No need to send affidavit if original birth certificate is not in the long form as my affidavit was marked as not requested..not required with original returned documents..
i will remember this passport my whole life..lot of documents from naturalisation to passport application..and it's not easy to get it..:)

9jeirean

Re: Bad experience with passport office

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:49 pm

dublintogalway wrote:Hi guys,

i had applied for passport and they turned down my application by sending me the letter for refusal..luckily..i got it sorted and now passport will be issued soon..
read story below....
i got letter stating that passport can not be issued as you have sent laminated CON and birth certificate. They asked me to submit both the documents with out lamination. I told them that i don't have anyother copy of original documents and if i will remove lamination then these documents will be of no use:)
i explained that i got laminated CON from INIS and it's not my fault then she says that this CON does not look original to me:) I was really surprised to hear that..
anyhow after much discussion they agreed to accept that everything is ok and passport will be issued soon.
No need to send affidavit if original birth certificate is not in the long form as my affidavit was marked as not requested..not required with original returned documents..
i will remember this passport my whole life..lot of documents from naturalisation to passport application..and it's not easy to get it..:)
Congratulations my friend. Glad to see that you finally reached the end of the journey. Enjoy your new status and all the best.

9jeirean
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

dublintogalway

Post by dublintogalway » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:02 pm

9jeirean wrote:

read story below....
Congratulations my friend. Glad to see that you finally reached the end of the journey. Enjoy your new status and all the best.

9jeirean

Thanks 9jeirean

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:42 pm

congrats dublintogalway

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:55 pm

What are the other documents you submitted with the passport application?

read story below....

dublintogalway

Post by dublintogalway » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:29 am

ChIrl wrote:What are the other documents you submitted with the passport application?

read story below....

Hi ,
I had submitted the following documents for my passport application:-

Passport application form which is witnessed and signed by Garda.
(applicant should sign the form in front of garda on application form)
Four photographs, two of which are signed by Garda.
The original birth certificate(it was not in long form and it was laminated.Original certified translation as my Birth certificate is not in English. ( they don't accept photocopy of these documents)
I had also sent the copy of birth affidavit which I submitted to INIS for my citizenship application as my original birth certificate was not in the long form( It was returned to me with my other original documents and it was marked as not requested and no required on the returned document)
The original marriage certificate.
Original certificate of naturalsation issued by Minister of Justice, Law and reform( it was laminated)
Photocopy of Irish driver License ( I was submitting original but lady in anpost counter[passport express] said photocopy is accepted)
Original Bank Statement.
Original Electricity Bill.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:39 pm

dublintogalway wrote:laminated CON
What is a CON? This is the Irish Certificate of Naturalization? Do they normally come laminated?

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:51 am

I would not blame the passport people (remember, they are separate from the Department of Justice)

I have seen one newly issued Certificate. It was not presented in the usual way and if I was not aware of the girl how owed it, it would be forgivable to think it might not be original. The department of justice seem to be going on the cheap, considering all those certificates issues and swanky new ceremonies promised.

Probably one of the most important documents an Non EU person will own, and the department thrown it at them (after losts of money) into a lovely little plastic cover. Sort of cheapens the Certificate.

Just make sure ye bring the original letters.

antares725
Newly Registered

Post by antares725 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:11 am

walrusgumble wrote: it would be forgivable to think it might not be original. The department of justice seem to be going on the cheap, considering all those certificates issues and swanky new ceremonies promised.

Probably one of the most important documents an Non EU person will own, and the department thrown it at them (after losts of money) into a lovely little plastic cover. Sort of cheapens the Certificate.
I could not agree more.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:16 pm

Thanks Dublintogalway.
dublintogalway wrote:
ChIrl wrote:What are the other documents you submitted with the passport application?

read story below....

Hi ,
I had submitted the following documents for my passport application:-

Passport application form which is witnessed and signed by Garda.
(applicant should sign the form in front of garda on application form)
Four photographs, two of which are signed by Garda.
The original birth certificate(it was not in long form and it was laminated.Original certified translation as my Birth certificate is not in English. ( they don't accept photocopy of these documents)
I had also sent the copy of birth affidavit which I submitted to INIS for my citizenship application as my original birth certificate was not in the long form( It was returned to me with my other original documents and it was marked as not requested and no required on the returned document)
The original marriage certificate.
Original certificate of naturalsation issued by Minister of Justice, Law and reform( it was laminated)
Photocopy of Irish driver License ( I was submitting original but lady in anpost counter[passport express] said photocopy is accepted)
Original Bank Statement.
Original Electricity Bill.

dublintogalway

Post by dublintogalway » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:27 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
dublintogalway wrote:laminated CON
What is a CON? This is the Irish Certificate of Naturalization? Do they normally come laminated?
CON is certificate of naturalisation. I got it laminated from INIS.