ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:05 pm

Our passports were gone to print on the 27th... due to holidays - its still with the printers..

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:34 pm

Just had my interview today. I got asked most of all the questions that have been posted. It really doesn't take more than 5 mins and the interviewers are very friendly.

One question, after the interview, how do you find out if your answers were satisfacatory and if your passport has gone to print? Thanks

Erun

Post by Erun » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:37 pm

My interviewer told me straight away he was happy with everything, that I was obviously me and would receive my passport in 5-7 working days.

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:54 pm

My interviewer didn't categorically say she was happy but she said I should receive it in 4 working days if they were satisfied with my answers. Just have to wait and see I guess.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:04 pm

Beige wrote:Just had my interview today. I got asked most of all the questions that have been posted. It really doesn't take more than 5 mins and the interviewers are very friendly.

One question, after the interview, how do you find out if your answers were satisfacatory and if your passport has gone to print? Thanks
mine said - she has to do further checks and I should receive mine in 4 days if I havent heard from them after 10 days I will have to contact them.

Called them today and I was said its with the printers..

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:10 pm

1664 wrote:mine said - she has to do further checks and I should receive mine in 4 days if I havent heard from them after 10 days I will have to contact them. Called them today and I was said its with the printers..
Did you call the advice helpline to find out? Thanks

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:59 pm

1664 wrote:
rnr79 wrote:any news 1664?
No mate - nothing yet. Hopefully I should know in a couple of days.

You looking forward to yours this saturday?
Oh Ok yes i think because of bank holiday it may take a couple of extra days.

Yes i am :) ..I received interview letter today...

I belive i dont need to take with me apart from interview letter...and just remember parents and countersignee birth days , right?

Apart from that i know about myself like addresses, bank, card and other details so no need to prepare for that...

sometime i can just forget to take something with me stupidly...so any thing which i have to be careful or take with me please advise..

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:51 am

Hi rnr - all you need is the interview confirmation letter.
Also as you said they ask you the counter signatories details.

You'll be fine mate... Good luck.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:01 am

1664 wrote:Hi rnr - all you need is the interview confirmation letter.
Also as you said they ask you the counter signatories details.

You'll be fine mate... Good luck.
Thank 1664 and good luck to u as well

Markie

Post by Markie » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:31 am

don't forget the question...how/when did you met your counter signatory and what is his/her job...
rnr79 wrote:
1664 wrote:
rnr79 wrote:any news 1664?
No mate - nothing yet. Hopefully I should know in a couple of days.

You looking forward to yours this saturday?
Oh Ok yes i think because of bank holiday it may take a couple of extra days.

Yes i am :) ..I received interview letter today...

I belive i dont need to take with me apart from interview letter...and just remember parents and countersignee birth days , right?

Apart from that i know about myself like addresses, bank, card and other details so no need to prepare for that...

sometime i can just forget to take something with me stupidly...so any thing which i have to be careful or take with me please advise..

daniash

Post by daniash » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:33 am

Not many approvals in the last week... I hope the next batch of letters is due soon!

sackcy
Newly Registered

questions in the pp interview.

Post by sackcy » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:43 am

congrats to members who have successfully completed the journey and good luck to the rest.
just wanted to know (as from all the previous posts), during the pp interview, they ask you if you have any credit cards and how many bank accounts and etc, what if i dont have any credit card? is it alright to say NO i have not got any credit card? i am a self employed, i have a business account and i got consumer business card which is just like a credit card. what would be best to answer those questions? as i m not sure if they are asking as for PERSONAL CREDIT CARDS or PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNTS?

will wait for your responses :)

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:55 am

Nazia88 wrote:honestly i cant trust on ukba anymore last time i called on 19th and gentleman clearly told me that my application is not in the Q becaause its been nearly 3 month now and your application is under consideration and i called today the laday said its still in the Q. cant understand what to say them and what to aske them. totally fedup.
guyz i called on tuesay got told my application is in the Q. i got my an approval today dated 30/08/11 and thanks for the my all mates who always give me best wishes and always pray for me....i am so happy today :lol: :lol: ..i will be here all the time for those who need any advice or help. i would like to thanks to senior member and Moderator specialy JOHN who helped me alot and all others aswel. good luck for those who are still waiting.

regards
nazia xx
NAZIA XX

gorayah

Post by gorayah » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:00 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:honestly i cant trust on ukba anymore last time i called on 19th and gentleman clearly told me that my application is not in the Q becaause its been nearly 3 month now and your application is under consideration and i called today the laday said its still in the Q. cant understand what to say them and what to aske them. totally fedup.
guyz i called on tuesay got told my application is in the Q. today i got my an approval today dated 30/08/11 and thanks for the my all mates who always give me best wishes and always pray for me....i am so happy today :lol: :lol: ..i will be here all the time for those who need any advice or help. i would like to thanks to senior member speicaly JOHN who held me alot and all others aswel. good luck for those who are still waiting.

regards
nazia xx
Congrats Nazia.
I have seen you very active on the forum and helping others.
Good Luck for your ceremony and passport application.

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:01 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
guyz i called on tuesay got told my application is in the Q. i got my an approval today dated 30/08/11 and thanks for the my all mates who always give me best wishes and always pray for me....i am so happy today :lol: :lol: ..i will be here all the time for those who need any advice or help. i would like to thanks to senior member and Moderator specialy JOHN who helped me alot and all others aswel. good luck for those who are still waiting.

regards
nazia xx
Congrats Nazia....see u finally got it... Patience is the Key.. Plz pray for me and everyone else..

Enjoy and have some sweets...

PK

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:04 pm

yes PK thanks for congrates yes i am very happy today and always wishes for you and for those who still waiting goodluck :D :D
NAZIA XX

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:08 pm

gorayah wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:
guyz i called on tuesay got told my application is in the Q. today i got my an approval today dated 30/08/11 and thanks for the my all mates who always give me best wishes and always pray for me....i am so happy today :lol: :lol: ..i will be here all the time for those who need any advice or help. i would like to thanks to senior member speicaly JOHN who held me alot and all others aswel. good luck for those who are still waiting.

regards
nazia xx
Congrats Nazia.
I have seen you very active on the forum and helping others.
Good Luck for your ceremony and passport application.
thank you gorayah and goodluck to you aswel.
NAZIA XX

Member of Standing

Re: questions in the pp interview.

Post by 1664 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:10 pm

sackcy wrote:congrats to members who have successfully completed the journey and good luck to the rest.
just wanted to know (as from all the previous posts), during the pp interview, they ask you if you have any credit cards and how many bank accounts and etc, what if i dont have any credit card? is it alright to say NO i have not got any credit card? i am a self employed, i have a business account and i got consumer business card which is just like a credit card. what would be best to answer those questions? as i m not sure if they are asking as for PERSONAL CREDIT CARDS or PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNTS?

If you dont have any tell them "No" - but also explain to them what you just explained here and you should be fine.
My interviewer asked me If I have any credit cards which were paid off and closed - so they have all records old and new!!

shs213

Post by shs213 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:11 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
guyz i called on tuesay got told my application is in the Q. i got my an approval today dated 30/08/11
nazia xx
congrats!!

You called on 30th and was told waiting to be allocated and could take 6 months to see the decision had already made on that day!! LOL...

Perfect example to demonstrate the communication break down within HO staffs...

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:11 pm

Nazia88 wrote:

regards
nazia xx

Aah! finally - Well done on the wait and congrats Nazia...

Goodluck to all others waiting.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:12 pm

Nazia88,

Great stuff. Congratulations. Very happy for you.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:22 pm

Congrats Nazia88...wait finished now....well done....all the best for rest of the process.

daniash you are next now

sackcy
Newly Registered

Re: questions in the pp interview.

Post by sackcy » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:33 pm

1664, thanks a lot mate :).

And congrats to the long awaited nazia :) Masha ALLAH EID brought some good news :)

1664 wrote:
sackcy wrote:congrats to members who have successfully completed the journey and good luck to the rest.

If you dont have any tell them "No" - but also explain to them what you just explained here and you should be fine.
My interviewer asked me If I have any credit cards which were paid off and closed - so they have all records old and new!!

daniash

Post by daniash » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:35 pm

NAZIA CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
You're almost finished now, the hard part is over!
ENJOY!

Hopefully my own letter will be in the same batch......... :D

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:42 pm

anyone who has applied for naturalisation by post, please help.

please tell me what to put under HO reference on payment slip?