ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what type of entry document for dependants

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kaykayzero
Newly Registered

what type of entry document for dependants

Post by kaykayzero » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:02 am

Hi everyone,

I will appreciate a feedback on the following query:

I am currently on the HSMP scheme and just obtained my extension. However, prior to my relocation, my dependants (wife and kids) were refused EC.- They applied after i had gotten mine but before i left for the UK. We appealed and were successful but the Home Office has some period to appeal the decision. Now the issue, assuming the Home Office does not appeal or if it does the appeal fails, what type of entry document are we to apply for because the original request was for a one-year EC.

2. What is the procedure going forward for a successful appeal.

Thank you.

KAY

kaykayzero
Newly Registered

Re: what type of entry document for dependants

Post by kaykayzero » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:06 am

kaykayzero wrote:Hi everyone,

I will appreciate a feedback on the following query:

I am currently on the HSMP scheme and just obtained my extension. However, prior to my relocation, my dependants (wife and kids) were refused EC.- They applied after i had gotten mine but before i left for the UK. We appealed and were successful but the Home Office has some period to appeal the decision. Now the issue, assuming the Home Office does not appeal or if it does the appeal fails, what type of entry document are we to apply for because the original request was for a one-year EC.

2. What is the procedure going forward for a successful appeal.

Thank you.

Moderators/Senior members,

pls assist with the above request.

Thank you.

KAY

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:27 pm

If HO does not appeal then apply for dependent visas on form VAF 1 - they will be issued in line with the validity of your extension. Official UK Visas website (type this in any search engine) will have relevant details on fees and documentation required as will using the search function on this forum....you got to do some leg work is the theme.

kaykayzero
Newly Registered

Post by kaykayzero » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:04 am

Thank you for the response. Please confirm that i still need to fill a new visa form as the appeal was due to the the refusal of the earlier form filled. Am i to pay fresh FEES? That would appear to defeat the essence of the appeal success.

Please re-confirm.

Thank you.