ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for SET (M) but not working.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

scared2death98
Newly Registered

Applying for SET (M) but not working.

Post by scared2death98 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:46 pm

Hello, Please help.

I am applying for my ILR under the SET (M) form . I am currently not working, but I am attending university
Will me not being able to show that I get funds from work affect my application. My wife will be including her earnings from her part time job as she is also in ft education.

Secondly, it says 6 letters needed. We do not have letters in both our names. Can we give 3 each? 2 bank statements and mobile phone bill and spouse 1 bank statement , gas and electric bill?

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:43 am

Employment isn't mandatory as long as you are supporting yourselves financially.
If you don't have proof of address for the 2 years in joint names you should submit 6 of each in single names...from at least 3 different sources.
Council tax? TV licence? Doctor's registration? Anything with your names, address and the date would be acceptable.