ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Declare Criminal record that I don't have or not?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chidol4u
Newly Registered

Declare Criminal record that I don't have or not?

Post by chidol4u » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:55 am

Hello,

I was refused a B1/B2 visa a few weeks ago.I and my wife had planned on going to Miami for a deferred honeymoon in December.Their reason was that we didn't have strong enough ties to the UK.I am currently on a Tier 1 visa which runs out in August and my wife is on post-study.I have a good job which pays quite well but the interviewer didn't even bother to look at my details.

In my opinion,I think she refused me mainly becuase of a declaration I made on my application.Before my US visa application,I thought I had a criminal record.I was fined by the magistrate court 2 years ago for not having a ticket on the train (A stupid mistake that I have paid more than my fair share of discrimination for considering that I haven't even been questioned by the police all my life before this).I stated this on my form and when I called to book the interview,I was asked to get a police report.When the report came,to my amazement,I had no criminal record.I also went ahead to do a basic CRB and in came back clean as well.

My question now is,I have a small but growing telecommunication business and my company has been invited,by a fairly big US company,to come to the US with a few engineers working for me for a meeting/training in November on the major product we support.When I apply for a visa,do I state that I have a record or not considering that I had declared this before prior to finding out that I don't.Can anyone advice on what my chances are on getting this new visa category?I don't really care about going to the US,I just feel bad that this may hinder my business that I am so passionate about.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Re: Declare Criminal record that I don't have or not?

Post by Marco 72 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:45 am

Why are you applying for the visa? Do you know that you cannot use the VWP? If so why?

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: Declare Criminal record that I don't have or not?

Post by f2k » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:30 pm

Marco 72 wrote:Why are you applying for the visa? Do you know that you cannot use the VWP? If so why?
I dont think the OP stated their nationality all they said is that they are on Tier 1 and wife is on Post Study.

@chidol4u, What information did you put in your application to support your case that you have ties in the UK? Is/was your job perrmanent? what about your wife is she working? were you questioned about the 'criminal record'

For future applications in my opinion, you dont have a criminal record so dont mention that you have. The fact that you have been denied certainly doesnt help your case but at the same time it does not by any means mean that you will be refused again. You will need to address the issues raised 'ties in the UK' by supplying as much information as possible. Also good detailed information about your company and the links with the other company in the US